R40 Live DVD... Roll The Bones Live - Nov 20th release

Mark_L

Maybe this is a live single? IDK it seems like Roll The Bones is the only song available on Amazon at the moment. I agree DirkPrattLerxst, the mix sounds great compared to the last two live releases!

Snare drum sounds similar to R30 (because R40 drumset was basically an updated R30 set)

Maybe this is a live single? IDK it seems like Roll The Bones is the only song available on Amazon at the moment. I agree DirkPrattLerxst, the mix sounds great compared to the last two live releases!

Snare drum sounds similar to R30 (because R40 drumset was basically an updated R30 set)

Though DW used a dfferent wood though for the shells IIRC correctly (I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology. I ain't a drummer), but nevertheless, Neil's snare sounds good and cuts through the mix well!

• Like 1

The way it looks certainly resembles the R30 kit, but the R40 kit is made out of a huge chunk of a Romanian oak tree that is over 1500 years old. This video explains it more.

• Like 2

Though DW used a dfferent wood though for the shells IIRC correctly (I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology. I ain't a drummer), but nevertheless, Neil's snare sounds good and cuts through the mix well!

Not to mention you can hear the bass!!

• Like 1

The way it looks certainly resembles the R30 kit, but the R40 kit is made out of a huge chunk of a Romanian oak tree that is over 1500 years old. This video explains it more.

Yeah I knew that, just saying it was a new R30 kit with no electronic stuff ;)

Man I wish Botrill would have met the band after Counterparts.

Test For Echo doesn't sound bad though IMO, but I agree. All of his work production wise that I've heard of (Tool, the Rush stuff he's done etc.) all sound awesome to my ears.

Rush Is A Band blog doesn't mention it at all, but they did mention this:

A new Fender limited edition USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass with a maple neck and a transparent crimson red finish was recently made available in a limited run of 100 and is currently selling for a retail price of $1999.99 from a number of online dealers including ...

Hurry while supplies last.

• Like 1

Man I wish Botrill would have met the band after Counterparts.

Since then it's been hit or miss (TFE hit S&A hit VT miss CA miss)

I never did like the T4E mix totally. A guitar player friend of mine once described the guitars as sounding like they were recorded "in a french fryer". Drums are too warm as well. SnA is OK, but far from stellar. I think Botrill did an amazing job on the VT remix because he had very little to work with. The band didn't even think it could be "fixed" without re-recording.

Edited by presto123

Rush Is A Band blog doesn't mention it at all, but they did mention this:

A new Fender limited edition USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass with a maple neck and a transparent crimson red finish was recently made available in a limited run of 100 and is currently selling for a retail price of $1999.99 from a number of online dealers including ...

Hurry while supplies last.

There's a discussion about this on one of the Making Modern Music subforum threads. One of our TRFers bought one of these red Ged basses.

Edited by PolarizeMe