Worst original studio Rush song.

Rushman2112

By far, The Weapon for me.

I am guessing that you are kidding like Blue Barchetta was when he posted Xanadu. Especially the "by far" part...

I am not kidding. At all. I hate that song so much.

Hm, odd choice. What do you think is wrong with it?

Maybe this?.... :dweez:

250px-Disco_ball4.jpg

The things that he fears are a weapon to be held against us.

A great song. He must not like Red Sector A either. Very similar stylistically. They both kick @ss and if you watch them live as Lorraine would certainly agree, you are riveted to the screen and the songs. Those were the days for sure...

Actually, as strange as it sounds I LOVE Red Sector A.

No love for Roll The Bones? The main song isn't too bad, but the rap section... Easily one of the saddest moments in Rush history (Of course, Neil's tragedies are number 1)

Time Stand Still is a close second. Just an awful cheese-fest with an even worse music video.

I disagree about Time Stand Still, however I would agree that about 80-90% of Roll The Bones could qualify for this thread.

I disagree with the conventional wisdom about Roll the Bones being bollocks.

Not their best album, admittedly, no. But it's a far sight better than you seem to think of it.

(Except for You Bet Your Life- which I DO cite as among their worst ever).

Rivendell. It's goes nowhere slow. I'm actually one of those fan boys who like every Rush song except that one. I can always find lyric or riff or fill that I like. I am NOT one of those that get bent out of shape if people don't agree with me.......anymore. :)

Rivendell. It's goes nowhere slow. I'm actually one of those fan boys who like every Rush song except that one. I can always find lyric or riff or fill that I like. I am NOT one of those that get bent out of shape if people don't agree with me.......anymore. :)

Apparently your hatred for Rivendell warranted a quintuplet post.

Apparently your hatred for Rivendell warranted a quintuplet post.

And there are so so many way worse. Some of "those" songs would be much better off if they went nowhere or better never made...
  • Like 1

Rivendell is a good song.

For me to poop on!

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/franchises/675.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 4

Easy. What is the worst song on Rush's worst album?

Speed of Love

Stick It Out is the worst of the worst of the worst.

The worst of Creed is better than the worst of Rush, that is how much I hate this song.

One of the most hated songs by any band I love ever.

Dog Years is better than Tai Shan. Discuss.

:o :o

How do you figure that??

Or are you just trying to stoke the fire a bit? Heh heh...

I just prefer the music really and I like laughing at the lyrics of course. On a side note, there is a really cool bass thing that happens in Tai Shan at one point as I recall.

• Like 1

I have a few that should be put up for vote:

I Think I'm Going Bald

Lessons

Emotion Detector

Tai Shan

High Water

Chain Lightning

Superconductor

Anagram

Red Tide

Available Light

Hand Over Fist

Face Up

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

The Color of Right

Dog Years

Carve Away the Stone

Peaceable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

Sweet Miracle

Out of the Cradle

I think I've done my damage.....

let me guess, you're a 2112 fan

:D

(good lord your list is 1,000 miles off course)

(of the songs mentioned so far)

Dog Years

> atrocious - a real contender

Tai Shan

> simply way too much 'China' - it sounds like music written especially for a PBS series

Rivendell

> merely boring (i.e. way too long, needed to be a 1-2 minute bridge between songs) not bad

War Paint

> like DY, killed primarily by Neil's lyrics and Rupert's production (gated reverb gang vocals on the chorus? awesome for Kiss songs, not so much Rush)

Speed Of Love

> notice a theme here? Death By Lyrics, with an IV drip of slightly corny but very predictable music (which ironically supports the lyrics 100%)

Stick It Out

> I get it, but not even in the bottom 25 - seriously, the riffs and band interplay sound like it was born from a jam sesion cranked to 11 one night, and if it had been an instrumental we'd probaly all place it 3rd behind LVS and YYZ

The Weapon

> hard for me to believe anyone would take Neurotica or Tears on a mix ahead of this song - this is top 10 Rush for me, near their experimental best - I really like Rush when they stretch out and head for the road less traveled - the instrumental/solo section is some of the best music they ever made - all that space for Alex to float around in while Geddy paints the horizon line and Neil blows leaves through the trees at dusk

side note: I did a word search on all nine pages on this thread so far and I can't believe the very worst of the worst (by incredible margins) has yet to be mentioned - by anyone!

it's so bad, perhaps everyone but me has forgotten it completely (I envy you all)

EVERYDAY GLORY

(of the songs mentioned so far)

Dog Years

> atrocious - a real contender

Tai Shan

> simply way too much 'China' - it sounds like music written especially for a PBS series

Rivendell

> merely boring (i.e. way too long, needed to be a 1-2 minute bridge between songs) not bad

War Paint

> like DY, killed primarily by Neil's lyrics and Rupert's production (gated reverb gang vocals on the chorus? awesome for Kiss songs, not so much Rush)

Speed Of Love

> notice a theme here? Death By Lyrics, with an IV drip of slightly corny but very predictable music (which ironically supports the lyrics 100%)

Stick It Out

> I get it, but not even in the bottom 25 - seriously, the riffs and band interplay sound like it was born from a jam sesion cranked to 11 one night, and if it had been an instrumental we'd probaly all place it 3rd behind LVS and YYZ

The Weapon

> hard for me to believe anyone would take Neurotica or Tears on a mix ahead of this song - this is top 10 Rush for me, near their experimental best - I really like Rush when they stretch out and head for the road less traveled - the instrumental/solo section is some of the best music they ever made - all that space for Alex to float around in while Geddy paints the horizon line and Neil blows leaves through the trees at dusk

side note: I did a word search on all nine pages on this thread so far and I can't believe the very worst of the worst (by incredible margins) has yet to be mentioned - by anyone!

it's so bad, perhaps everyone but me has forgotten it completely (I envy you all)

EVERYDAY GLORY

Everyday Glory is one of my nearest and dearest Rush favourites dude!

Not mad...can't be angry with a cute ickle baby ghosty whosty

• Like 2

I have a few that should be put up for vote:

I Think I'm Going Bald

Lessons

Emotion Detector

Tai Shan

High Water

Chain Lightning

Superconductor

Anagram

Red Tide

Available Light

Hand Over Fist

Face Up

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

The Color of Right

Dog Years

Carve Away the Stone

Peaceable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

Sweet Miracle

Out of the Cradle

I think I've done my damage.....

let me guess, you're a 2112 fan

:D

(good lord your list is 1,000 miles off course)

There are 6 or 7 good songs on that list and 1 great one. The rest I could care less if they were ever recorded. Anybody that knows me knows which song on that list is great...
  • Like 1