Digital Dad

This is only a partial clip of the sketch, but anyway...who remembers this?

Let's get rid of Clarence and steal all his good ideas!

Poor Clarence...he only needed about $7200...

What do you do when you finish a Beatles marathon and still want more?

Yeah, that's right, start with the solo works.

First up...George Harrison!

I love me some solo George Harrison. Yeah, he's hit and miss and very inconsistent. But I will tell you this, I recently "rediscovered" Dark Horse and Extra Texture. There are some gems to be found.

• Like 2

Everybody's born knowing all the Beatles lyrics instinctively. They're passed into the fetus subconsciously along with all the amniotic stuff. Fact, they should be called "The Fetals". (From the movie "Sliding Doors")
  • Like 1

If I were to have a George Harrison marathon, it would consist of:

1. All Things Must Pass

2. His set from The Concert for Bangladesh

3. All Things Must Pass

4. His set from The Concert for Bangladesh

5. All Things Must Pass

6. His set from The Concert for Bangladesh...

(You get the idea)...

...because that's all I have. :(

I will take note of more updates in this thread, to learn what else is worth hearing (I know, I know- all of it. Right?).

• Like 1

If I were to have a George Harrison marathon, it would consist of:

1. All Things Must Pass

2. His set from The Concert for Bangladesh

3. All Things Must Pass

4. His set from The Concert for Bangladesh

5. All Things Must Pass

6. His set from The Concert for Bangladesh...

(You get the idea)...

...because that's all I have. :(

I will take note of more updates in this thread, to learn what else is worth hearing (I know, I know- all of it. Right?).

I'm the wrong person to ask...I just love George's solo music. I'm on to John's solo music now, which is really hit and miss for me. What I like by John, I really like and of course, the opposite is true. Just got the deluxe Paul McCartney "Tug of War" and "Pipes of Peace" boxsets today...can't wait until the next Beatle (alphabetically). Good timing as I'm seeing Paul in less than two weeks, so I will be "properly" prepared.

• Like 1

Just for today

I could try to live through this day only

Not deal with all life's problems

Just for today

If just for one night

I could feel not sad and lonely

Not be my own life's problem

Just for one night

If just (for) today

Just for today

If just for one night

I could feel not sad and lonely

Not be my own life's problem

Just for one night

Just for today

Just for today

Just for today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOog1SRft4

I got Beatles for Sale, Rubber Soul and Revolver in a 2nd hand shop yesterday...unfortunately, Rubber Soul is scratched to hell and won't play :( ...but the other two are fine
  • Like 2

I have been cleaning vinyl lately. A Hard Days Night, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Eight Days a Week, Strawberry Fields Forever, Day Tripper (to name a few) sound great on 45s.

There is something really special about hearing The Beatles' I Feel Fine on a 45 playing on an old record player. Both media and material really stand the test of time. Some of these 45s are 50 years old! 50! That used to be ancient! :o

Now, not so much.

:)

• Like 3

I have been cleaning vinyl lately. A Hard Days Night, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Eight Days a Week, Strawberry Fields Forever, Day Tripper (to name a few) sound great on 45s.

There is something really special about hearing The Beatles' I Feel Fine on a 45 playing on an old record player. Both media and material really stand the test of time. Some of these 45s are 50 years old! 50! That used to be ancient! :o

Now, not so much.

:)

:goodone: I still have all of my Beatles vinyl from my childhood on up...there truly is something special spinning them.
  • Like 3

Off to a great start with Ringo's first solo album, "Sentimental Journey", an album of standards. Great album that I haven't heard in forever. It's so good I'm listening to it for the second time today. Who knew Ringo's has 18 solo albums! The newest, "Postcards From Paradise", is just fantastic.
  • Like 2

Off to a great start with Ringo's first solo album, "Sentimental Journey", an album of standards. Great album that I haven't heard in forever. It's so good I'm listening to it for the second time today. Who knew Ringo's has 18 solo albums! The newest, "Postcards From Paradise", is just fantastic.

Up next is Beaucoups of Blues. An excellent country album!

• Like 1

Agreed...a great listen. I'm just winding up "Ringo", which, in my opinion, could be the last Beatles record. George, John & Paul all play on it and wrote songs for the album. Might just be my favourite solo album by a Beatle.

Agreed...a great listen. I'm just winding up "Ringo", which, in my opinion, could be the last Beatles record. George, John & Paul all play on it and wrote songs for the album. Might just be my favourite solo album by a Beatle.

Ringo is a fantastic album. He also got help from members of the Band and Marc Bolan. And a few others. Goodnight Vienna is also very good. After that, Ringo is very hit and miss until he hooked up wth Mark Hudson, of all people!

• Like 1

Ringo is a fantastic album. He also got help from members of the Band and Marc Bolan. And a few others. Goodnight Vienna is also very good. After that, Ringo is very hit and miss until he hooked up wth Mark Hudson, of all people!

There is a great Mark Hudson solo album out there that is just fantastic...I'll have to investigate it and get back to you.

"Ringo" Track listing and personnel

Side one

1. "I'm the Greatest" (John Lennon) – 3:21

[*]"Have You Seen My Baby" (Randy Newman) – 3:44

[*]"Photograph" (George Harrison, Starkey) – 3:56

[*]"Sunshine Life for Me (Sail Away Raymond)" (Harrison) – 2:45

[*]"You're Sixteen" (Bob Sherman/Dick Sherman) – 2:48

• Starr – lead vocal, drums; Poncia, Calvert – guitars; Hopkins – piano; Klaus Voormann – bass; Paul McCartney – kazoo; Harry Nilsson – backing vocals

Side two

1. "Oh My My" (Poncia/Starkey) – 4:16

• Starr – lead vocal, drums; Poncia – harmony vocal; Calvert – guitar; Preston – piano, organ; Klaus Voormann – bass; Keltner – drums; Scott – saxophone solo, horn arrangement; Jim Horn – horn arrangement; Martha Reeves, Merry Clayton – backing vocals

[*]"Step Lightly" (Starkey) – 3:15

[*]"Six O'Clock" (P. McCartney/L. McCartney)[46] – 4:06

• Starr – lead vocal, drums; McCartney – piano, synthesizer, string and flute arrangements, backing vocal; Poncia – guitar, percussion; Klaus Voormann – bass; Linda McCartney – backing vocal

[*]"Devil Woman" (Poncia/Starkey) – 3:50

• Starr – lead vocal, drums; Calvert – guitar; Tom Hensley – piano; Klaus Voormann – bass, backing vocal; Keltner – drums; Holland - percussion; Chuck Findley, Scott – horns; Richard Perry – backing vocal

[*]"You and Me (Babe)" (Harrison/Mal Evans) – 4:59

• Starr – lead vocal, drums; Harrison – electric guitars; Poncia – acoustic guitar; Hopkins – electric piano; Holland – marimba; Scott – horn arrangements; Nitzsche – string arrangements

1991 reissue bonus tracks

1. "It Don't Come Easy" (Starkey) - 3:02

• Originally released as a single in 1971

[*]"Early 1970" (Starkey) - 2:20

• Originally released as the B-side to "It Don't Come Easy" in 1971

[*]"Down and Out" (Starkey) - 3:04

• Originally released as the B-side to "Photograph" in 1973

• Like 1

Goodnight Vienna is also very good.

Listening to Goodnight Vienna now...it has been awhile, very good listen. The album I was thinking about was The Hudson Brothers "Totally Out of Control". (produced by Bernie Taupin)Just a fantastic album. I found it on youtube...check this out.
  • Like 1