R40 DVD/Bluray in 2015 or 2016?

BloodofTheZodiac

I am surprised that they released this song, the most exciting song of the evening, it spoiled things a bit.... :boo hiss:

Doesn't surprise me. It'll get more DVD/blu-ray sales.

I wondered why they chose JL too. Didn't think of the money aspect.

I think they want more pre-sales. If they release samples like this more people are going to order it before it even comes out.

I am surprised that they released this song, the most exciting song of the evening, it spoiled things a bit.... :boo hiss:

While it doesn't surprise me, and as much as I love Jacob's Ladder, there were moments that were far more exciting than that. Losing It, anyone?

Dear lord......best sounding and best looking video I have ever seen them release.

This Blueray much like the tour is going to be so special.

The audio is spot freaking on point. Neil's cymbals are sounding like Satan!!! Soooooo crisp. Geddy's bass sooooo thick and full of distinctive punch. Alex's guitars sounding so on point.

Just awesome.

• Like 1

wow, awesome. now I can rest easy. finally a pro shot of JL and I don't care if they tinkered geds vocals, I like it that way. its too embarrassing if they left it raw as is.. So happy. finally they can redeem themselves with that last crappy horrible vocals. string section, goofy camera angle horrible drum sound they released last time.. Finally this will be by far the best Rush dvd/blu-ray they put out..

just a question, how does one know if vocals were altered for this live release? Are you guys comparing to bootlegs that you saw of the show or is there some way that it is obvious to say vocals were corrected with. probably wouldn't notice unless someone told me.

The two songs they've released are far from challenging from a vocal standpoint, so there was no need for tinkering. If there will be any tinkering, it will be found in the super old tunes or One Little Victory. I think this will be released warts and all, sans the majorly flubbed Alex solo from Red Barchetta.

It's pretty obvious if you look on YouTube and see videos of the songs they released. You can tell pretty easily what they fixed.

Come to think of it, we ought to have a periscope reminiscing thread. Who could forget Cactus Pete? Or the one with the whirling dervish girlfriend (I can never remember their names - sorry) who whirled one too many dervishes?

love cactus Pete!

just a question, how does one know if vocals were altered for this live release? Are you guys comparing to bootlegs that you saw of the show or is there some way that it is obvious to say vocals were corrected with. probably wouldn't notice unless someone told me.

yes, I want to know too!

the CA show tape that everyone speaks of that sucks so bad. Is it the same one as is in the blu ray/DVD box set that they sold at the R40 show? I want to see what everyone is talking about.

http://www.bestbuy.c...8;skuId=4610346

Note the label on the package.

Ah, I see it. A Starman flashlight. Thanks. I expected a bonus from BB, but thought it would be a shirt or something.. else. I'll take that light. :)

But would you pay $4.52 for that light, without even being able to see what it looks like? Because that's the price difference between BB and Amazon (not including shipping or taxes, if applicable).

http://www.bestbuy.c...8;skuId=4610346

Note the label on the package.

Ah, I see it. A Starman flashlight. Thanks. I expected a bonus from BB, but thought it would be a shirt or something.. else. I'll take that light. :)

But would you pay $4.52 for that light, without even being able to see what it looks like? Because that's the price difference between BB and Amazon (not including shipping or taxes, if applicable).

Well, we are three weeks from release so I expect the pricing to be a little fluid.. hopefully lower by November 20. I do not have Prime so I would either pay exorbitant shipping with Amazon to have it in my mailbox on 11/20, or I would have to wait an extra week for the free shipping if I managed to get my cart up to $35.

My main objective is to have the Blu ray/CD combo in my hands by lunchtime on 11/20.I have already decided that I'm getting it at Best Buy, then I'll take the afternoon off from work to bask in all of R40 Live's glory. :yay: :rush: