R40 DVD/Bluray in 2015 or 2016?

BloodofTheZodiac

I want there to be a theater screening of this! I missed CA when it was in the theaters for that one night. It would be epic if R40 also is in theaters
Yup, certainly sounds like one of those Fathom Events to watch out for. I am sure it will be an abbreviated version of the show, as CA was, but agree a theatre showing would be great no matter what we get.

i hope we have in the bonus some documentary with the guys in rehearsals, interviews and some kind of funny candid cameras footage, but i am not counting on this, they will probably give us those behind the scenes videos on the making of their "funny" videos.

i hope we have in the bonus some documentary with the guys in rehearsals, interviews and some kind of funny candid cameras footage, but i am not counting on this, they will probably give us those behind the scenes videos on the making of their "funny" videos.

Hopefully they made a R40 Tour documentary like they did for CA Blu Ray.

• Like 1

I really hope they release all of the toronto 97 footage. That was a good tour and some good clips. I wonder if they also have some extra stuff from the Vapor Trails tour, and maybe some extra stuff cut out of ESL. If not, well one can dream...

I really hope they release all of the toronto 97 footage. That was a good tour and some good clips. I wonder if they also have some extra stuff from the Vapor Trails tour, and maybe some extra stuff cut out of ESL. If not, well one can dream...

I've heard that Different Stages was discontinued a while back. One of the more knowledgeable people on the Rush Blog said over a year ago, well before we even knew that we were getting 1997 footage last fall, that there was going to be a reissue of DS that would be a CD/DVD. I'll bet that's what they'll do at some point, re-release DS with the full Toronto video as a package. I sure hope they do anyway.

I've heard that Different Stages was discontinued a while back. One of the more knowledgeable people on the Rush Blog said over a year ago, well before we even knew that we were getting 1997 footage last fall, that there was going to be a reissue of DS that would be a CD/DVD. I'll bet that's what they'll do at some point, re-release DS with the full Toronto video as a package. I sure hope they do anyway.

That would be sweet, but I kinda hope they maybe remix the Toronto footage. I think there was a tad bit too much bass. If, not, it won't matter. I would still love it.

Two things, the audio sounds good, and geddy seems to have been tinkered with vocally, which is alright by me cause i hate a struggling live vocals, Like they fixed his vocals in some spots to make him sound not too bad. Hope this is the case with all. I know people want it (as is). but sometimes it can be embarrassing.. Second. iam sure the release date will be changed a few times before it comes out..

I don't think so, there was a massive improvement in vocals this tour.

That there was, and there's no reason to tinker. I remember the periscope thread from that second Toronto night.

• Like 1

Two things, the audio sounds good, and geddy seems to have been tinkered with vocally, which is alright by me cause i hate a struggling live vocals, Like they fixed his vocals in some spots to make him sound not too bad. Hope this is the case with all. I know people want it (as is). but sometimes it can be embarrassing.. Second. iam sure the release date will be changed a few times before it comes out..

That there was, and there's no reason to tinker. I remember the periscope thread from that second Toronto night.

If you watch a YouTube video of Roll the Bones from the second night it matches up to the single vocal-wise. I wonder why they didn't tonker with the CA Live vocals which were cringe-inducing...

• Like 1

If you watch a YouTube video of Roll the Bones from the second night it matches up to the single vocal-wise. I wonder why they didn't tonker with the CA Live vocals which were cringe-inducing...

I was going to say that but, well, you know..... :ph34r:

If they didn't tinker with the vocals on the CA Live, they won't touch the vocals on this one.

Edited by Lorraine

If they didn't tinker with the vocals on the CA Live, they won't touch the vocals on this one.

I watched CA Live about a month ago...thought Geddy's vocal were not too bad overall. It's no Time Machine tour.

The date is wrong or not sure already. dvd/ cds always come out on a Tuesday. November 20th is a Friday...

The industry changed release dates for cd/dvd to Fridays. It happened just recently.

The date is wrong or not sure already. dvd/ cds always come out on a Tuesday. November 20th is a Friday...

The industry changed release dates for cd/dvd to Fridays. It happened just recently.

Is there an announcement somewhere?

Guess that means I'm not getting stuff early anymore. I suppose for them, it's the smart thing to do.

I watched CA Live about a month ago...thought Geddy's vocal were not too bad overall. It's no Time Machine tour.

You can't say Middletown Dreams Live vocals from CA are better than any song from Time Machine.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst

Did anyone watch the MLB Central this morning. They interviewed Geddy from his home about the Blue Jays and baseball. But the intro and all the live Rush concert shots all had a R40 Live symbol in the upper left corner!!! Just something I noticed. The camera angles were great!!!

Did anyone watch the MLB Central this morning. They interviewed Geddy from his home about the Blue Jays and baseball. But the intro and all the live Rush concert shots all had a R40 Live symbol in the upper left corner!!! Just something I noticed. The camera angles were great!!!

Try and find a video to post

Edited by Rushspirit2112

That was great, thanks for posting, didn't realise he'd been following the Blue Jays since 1979, I think they were amazed by how much he knew. Nice to hear his thoughts on favourite albums, 2112, Pictures, Windows, Angels... All classics. Nice interview. Edited by Duke1