R40 DVD/Bluray in 2015 or 2016?

BloodofTheZodiac

The heck with what I say. It's gonna be released on December 11th(Friday's are the new release day for music)

Except this is a video, and every single video release I can recall (including music-related ones) since I started paying attention in the '90s has been on a Tuesday.

It has recently changed to Friday's. Here's the link...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/music-industry-sets-friday-as-new-global-release-day-20150226

That's music put out by record labels on CD/Vinyl/download, not movies and videos on DVD/BluRay. Other media still release on Tuesdays, like the book Neil just put out (Tuesday 9/15/15 was the official release date). Not that it really matters. The date itself is the important missing bit of info, not which day of the week it will be.

Edited by HalfwayToGone

Yep it'll be out in 2015... Then be available re-mastered by the end of 2016 because they "rushed" it...

Wishful thinking that.

Remastered yet again in 2020 to improve the retirement plan??? ;)

Just give me something to be proud of and enjoy like the last R40 show I saw them play in Detroit...

Edited by Pressure/Hopenosis
  • Like 1

Yep it'll be out in 2015... Then be available re-mastered by the end of 2016 because they "rushed" it...

Wishful thinking that.

Remastered yet again in 2020 to improve the retirement plan??? ;)

Just give me something to be proud of and enjoy like the last R40 show I saw them play in Detroit...

Yeah I agree with you. We can certainly hope! The show was awesome. I just hope they can do it justice.

• Like 1

Come to think of it, we ought to have a periscope reminiscing thread. Who could forget Cactus Pete? Or the one with the whirling dervish girlfriend (I can never remember their names - sorry) who whirled one too many dervishes? Edited by Lorraine

Well, even if it stinks, we have pretty great bootlegs thanks to self-less fans who periscoped or filmed shows.

Well the periscopes are all gone but the videos I agree. It would still be nice to have an official release and especially if they put some good extras on it. I'm almost looking forward to the extras more than the DVD/blu-ray.

• Like 1

Well, even if it stinks, we have pretty great bootlegs thanks to self-less fans who periscoped or filmed shows.

Well the periscopes are all gone but the videos I agree. It would still be nice to have an official release and especially if they put some good extras on it. I'm almost looking forward to the extras more than the DVD/blu-ray.

I am too. I think they will include some extra good stuff for us. :) Maybe even a surprise or two.

I am too. I think they will include some extra good stuff for us. :) Maybe even a surprise or two.

I'm hoping they at least put in as much effort as Snakes & Arrows. That one had some cool stuff on it.

We could set up a watch thread on release day, designate a time to meet in it, everyone pops in their disc and hits PLAY at the same time. Voila, just like periscope. :LOL:

I think that's a wonderful idea. Honestly.

Would anyone else like to do this?

I think it would be fun, but with people being in different time zones, deciding on a time that works for everyone might be difficult. Nobody's who sleeping will want to wake up just to watch their DVD. :LOL:

There seemed to be quite a few people here for the periscope threads. So I bet we could get quite a few people. Even if someone got the DVD and periscope it playing for those people who didn't have it yet.
  • Like 1

We could set up a watch thread on release day, designate a time to meet in it, everyone pops in their disc and hits PLAY at the same time. Voila, just like periscope. :LOL:

I like that idea!

Why don't those of us, even if we are few, who like the idea, do it?

That would be quite an experience and I'd definitely be up for it provided I can get a copy of it on release day.

As far as the DVD goes, we just need to keep an eye out on Amazon. They'll probably have the release date for pre-ordering before we even know from Rush.com.

"Unlike other concert DVD's where the looks is the same throughout..."

That thar's good writin'! :laughing guy:

I really hope they spent more time editing the DVD than they did this press release.

Hard to tell who wrote the email, but that is funny.

I guess we'll get some kind of idea how it will sound from the single.

Edited by EagleMoon