Fans of Superconductor and Wish them well, proudly post in this thread

djflex

No one should ever get lambasted for liking a song...

Music is always subjective

Ues they should. Have you ever heard Woman In Love by Barbara Streissand?

Lmao!

No and i hope never do...

I like both of them very much. Wish Them Well is probably my favorite song on Clockwork Angels. And Superconductor is a great dance song that just makes me happy! Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 2

I like both of them very much. Wish Them Well is probably my favorite song on Clockwork Angels. And Superconductor is a great dance song that just makes me happy!

Wish Them Well is probably also my fave. Best melody on the entire album!

No one should ever get lambasted for liking a song...

Music is always subjective

So is humor, apparently. The chiding is all in good fun around here. If all we did was peacefully agree, this place would get pretty dull. Deviate from the norm, and take the ribbing in stride.

Legit post.

I havent really seen any lambasting, just a comment.

Fwiw, this place seems very congenial . Which is somewhat rare on the interwebz...

It is an island of general kindness in what can at times be a very tempestuous cyber-sea.

(Was the Peart-y enough?)

• Like 1

I've never understood the hate for Superconductor. Great song.

Wish Them Well is probably a little worse than Superconductor, but its lower quality in Rush's catalogue is accentuated by being on such a collectively amazing album and by being almost directly between Headlong Flight and The Garden, two of the best songs of their career.

• Like 1

I like both of these songs.

I think Superconductor gets a lot of crap because of the video it came with. Boy that video is pretty bad. The song is okay.

Wish Them Well was reported to be almost left off the album before it was released, and that made everyone listen to it with the impression, "hey, this is crap."

You're right on the money about the Superconductor video...it certainly taints the song...it's THAT embarrassing. Add in the pairing of the song with Xanadu ("Xanaconducter") on tour...it might leave a bad taste in a fan's mouth.

Wish Them Well was worked over and reworked some more for Rush to get the song album worthy. They finally nailed it...it's catchy as hell.

• Like 1

I think Superconductor gets a lot of crap because of the video it came with. Boy that video is pretty bad. The song is okay.

Wish Them Well was reported to be almost left off the album before it was released, and that made everyone listen to it with the impression, "hey, this is crap."

Up until just now, I had no idea there was a Superconductor video .. and I just watched it

I need an entire roll of paper towels to clean up the explosive diarrhea

• Like 3

Up until just now, I had no idea there was a Superconductor video .. and I just watched it

It's almost unbelievable that anyone in the business saw it and thought releasing it was a good idea. Virtually anything else you could put on celluloid would be an improvement on that video. I still like the song, though. The bridge is fantastic and conjures visions of a laser-emblazoned concert hall.
  • Like 1

Wish Them Well has some of Neil's worst lyrics, horrifying background vocals in the chorus and really generic music. I guess the bridge is ok but overall I think it's the worst song since Dog Years!

Superconductor is OK but I'm not in a hurry to go out and listen to it any time soon.

It's almost unbelievable that anyone in the business saw it and thought releasing it was a good idea. Virtually anything else you could put on celluloid would be an improvement on that video. I still like the song, though. The bridge is fantastic and conjures visions of a laser-emblazoned concert hall.

I'm not sure if they ever did release it at first. Of if it did it got pulled right quick. Had a hell of a time trying to track that down on VHS at the time on a promo reel. Fortunately (or unfortunately) it's on Retrospective III now.

I actually like the lyrics to Stupidconductor and the music (as much as it doesn't do anything for me) kind of fits in with what they were trying to do with its frivolous 7/4 simplicity. May have it the mark better if it were a parody.

Wish Them Well is probably my least favorite from Clockwork Angels but I still like it.

Both songs are awesome! I don't understand the hate at all. In fact there are a LOT of songs that people seem to hate with a passion and I have no freaking clue why.

I agree. Wish them well has great message. Though the backing vocals get annoying. Superconductor now "Thats Nice"

• Like 1