Tired of being an adult

lemonycake

What other choice do we have?

My 19-year old nephew tests that question every single day. We figure that he'll finally grow up when he's about 50.....assuming he lives that long. :huh:

• Like 1

Today I cried to my mom over the phone for 4 hours because I'm sick of being an adult. The past two weeks have been absolutely hectic and nightmarish--I moved 4 times, lost a load of money, haven't gotten any proper sleep and came down with a massive cold. That's not even the half of it. I just moved into a new place today (hopefully for the last time) and it doesn't have any furniture; I'll have to buy and assemble everything tomorrow. My landlord also wants the rent by tomorrow. School starts in 2 days and I'm a worn-out, disheveled mess. This is too much adulting for me. Does anyone else just want to go back to being 7 years old again? fists%20crying.gif

Best thing I can tell you is focus less on the negative and start meditating on what you DO have and know that you can create whatever life you want as an adult because you have the power!

Rolling with the negative just makes a big ugly snowball.

I'm 45 and believe it or not I can see from this post that you have two important things that I can't say I have. But I still couldn't be happier ;)

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

Lighten up Lemonycake.. for it's only a brief upheaval.. you'll be laughing about it all this time next year.. chin - up, sweetie!

That's pretty much what I said, too! (I don't think it'll take a whole year, though. I'll bet the horror of it has passed already. ;) ).

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2