Vapor Trails vs Snakes & Arrows vs Clockwork Angels

YYZumbi

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which album of these three do you think is best?

Vapor Trails is number one for me. It's a hard rocking album with the best lyrics I think the band's ever had. It doesn't make or break anything that there's no keys, but I think because of it, we get a rawer Rush, closer to something more pure as far as... like, in the way of a jam band or something. The Remix of this record is amazing, and with the remix, this is the best mixed album of the three. Never thought I'd say that about Vapor Trails until a few years ago!

Snakes and Arrows has a few too many clunkers in the back half, and the mid-tempo everything weighs it down.

Clockwork Angels was a close pick here, but the vocals really bring it down. I know Geddy can't help it, but it gets in the way of my enjoyment of the songs. Also, a couple of these songs are just very dull to me. Seven Cities of Gold just feels like it can't get out of the way soon enough. BU2B's into, and BU2B2 are totally unnecessary. I preferred the single versions of BU2B and Caravan. That said, The Garden is an amazing track, one of the bands best ever. And I don't have the aversions to The Wreckers and Wish Them Well that some do.

But in the end, it had to be Vapor Trails, my favorite Rush album in the entire discography.

• Like 2

I can't believe CA is dominating so hard. Y'all are blinded by fanboi vision

The CA fans are the only ones still hanging around the forum since the tour ended. :LOL:

• Like 1

Not true...I like the other two. I used to despise VT, and S&A I used to really love, but it has fallen back a little bit, from when I first heard it. But still, they both have some good things about them.

Clockwork Angels, however, has never been less than incredible.

• Like 1

Not true...I like the other two. I used to despise VT, and S&A I used to really love, but it has fallen back a little bit, from when I first heard it. But still, they both have some good things about them.

Clockwork Angels, however, has never been less than incredible.

Preach it brotha man. It's a giant in their catalog
  • Like 1