JohnRogers

I like the song, and am glad I got to see it live. During Rush's later years, I got much more excited hearing songs that had never been played before, or songs that hadn't been played in decades, as opposed to fan favorites that we've heard so many times.

In other words, on their latest tour, I would have rather heard

"Cut to the Chase" as opposed to "Animate"

"The Big Wheel" as opposed to "Roll the Bones"

"Kid Gloves" as opposed to "Between the Wheels"

etc. etc. etc. I'm not really complaining, though, it was a great show.

Clem

• Like 2

...anything rather rhan Animate, OLV. I'm not going to niggle over omissions they thought certain songs were more important than others.

I like Animate, but must admit I could live without it. And OLV should have been put to rest after the VT Tour. At least they didn't play Stick it Out again!

Yep - love it. One of the most heartfelt songs I've ever heard (not just from Rush) & always holds an additional poignancy because of a friend who took their own life. My favourite track off VT is still Secret Touch though - just can't get enough of the musical bridge with Alex sawing on guitar & Geddy kicking in with the bass then the vocal overlay. The remix ruined that part by bringing in the vocals too early ( IMHO :) ) - & another reason I'm gutted that they didn't bring R40 to Europe Edited by mitten

I am an unashamed lover of this song. The poppy, upbeat tempo juxtaposed to the rather dark, resolved lyrics are, I think, by design. It is a very clever song....and something I think anyone who has dealt with a long, deep bout of depression can relate to.
  • Like 2