Fear the Walking Dead

JohnRogers

This is off to kind of a weak start. I'm two in and think it needs to get more interesting. Am I alone???

I'm with you...

...it's as exciting as watching grass grow.

The acting is pretty weak

I keep thinking they are setting the scene for something big to happen, but, yawn, nothing yet.

I'm going to give it one more week and if things don't pick up I will continue my wait for the return of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

This is off to kind of a weak start. I'm two in and think it needs to get more interesting. Am I alone???

I'm with you...

...it's as exciting as watching grass grow.

The acting is pretty weak

I keep thinking they are setting the scene for something big to happen, but, yawn, nothing yet.

I'm going to give it one more week and if things don't pick up I will continue my wait for the return of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Hmmm, that sucks then. I'm still going to check it out because I'm curious.

I like it so far. It's going with a slower build, but I felt by the second episode I was getting more into it. The acting is decent...maybe a bit wooden in some parts (the Mom).
  • Like 1

I believe I nailed it 6 months ago....

Disembodied Spirit, on 31 March 2015 - 02:07 PM, said: I think the spinoff might suck badly.

• Like 1

I like the slow build-up, it's creepy but not gross yet almost suspenseful. I agree that no episode this week stinks--but I am in for the 6 espisodes.

Oh, I'll ride it out, I mean it's only 8 shows. But it is just slow.

Prediction: The son with the drug problem, will somehow, flip and become a leader in the NEW ZOMBIE world once he kicks his addiction in..oh, 1 hour...LOL

I like the slow build-up, it's creepy but not gross yet almost suspenseful. I agree that no episode this week stinks--but I am in for the 6 espisodes.

I like the overall eeriness and tension build that carries the story along. No need for constant blood and guts. Riots in the street feel more terrifying to me than more zombie herds on the regular show.

• Like 1

My problem with the show is, that they have yet to introduce a character that I care enough about to root for. I actually want these self-obsessed people to get eaten! :popcorn:

That is exactly how I felt aboot the characters in the Battlestar Galactica remake, I wanted the Cylons to kill them all. #HateWatching

Wanting everything to happen right away is asking for too much too soon. This is the walking dead after all and they always do the slow build before something big happens. The pace is solid so far for the first two episodes and everything is setting up nicely. This season is a very short one so I expect things to start picking up pretty quickly. They only have two seasons scheduled for this then it's on to some other kind of spin off i'm sure.

I don't think whether or not we like the characters is a big deal. I think the overall story of how everything got started is the big selling point for the show. These characters will only be around for two seasons, so not liking them or getting attached to them is not really a bad thing.

Prediction: All these characters are dead by the time the show is over.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Wanting everything to happen right away is asking for too much too soon. This is the walking dead after all and they always do the slow build before something big happens. The pace is solid so far for the first two episodes and everything is setting up nicely. This season is a very short one so I expect things to start picking up pretty quickly. They only have two seasons scheduled for this then it's on to some other kind of spin off i'm sure.

I don't think whether or not we like the characters is a big deal. I think the overall story of how everything got started is the big selling point for the show. These characters will only be around for two seasons, so not liking them or getting attached to them is not really a bad thing.

Prediction: All these characters are dead by the time the show is over.

:goodone:

At least one of them should make it to Atlanta.

I don't know, LA to Atlanta is a long haul under regular circumstances. Forget about doing it in a post apocalyptic world.

While it would be an interesting development, I don't think the two shows should have an connection at all. Keep the world's separate.

• Like 1