Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour

Union 5-3992

Lol, tickets for the indy show go on sale sat...

Almost one year before the show comes..

I bought tix for The Who Oct 2015 back in Oct 2014.... and they rescheduled.

• Like 1

That sucks man.

Will go, but who knows what a year will bring?

Could move, alien invasion, convert to classical music only. Anything could happen

• Like 1

That sucks man.

Will go, but who knows what a year will bring?

Could move, alien invasion, convert to classical music only. Anything could happen

Locusts!!!

Yep, same with Dallas. Ridiculous. I remember the days when sales for big shows would begin *at most* 2 months in advance.

That's not only 11 months of waiting for the show, but also of remembering where you put the damn tickets!

I have my concerns about both Tony and Ozzy still even being able to play by next October, given what they've been through and the length and travel of this tour.

Bought my ticket today ...only 10 more months ! :dweez: :LOL:

• Like 1

Bought my ticket today ...only 10 more months ! :dweez: :LOL:

Lol. Seems like an eternity

OZZY OSBOURNE: Why There Won't Be Another BLACK SABBATH Studio Album

Although BLACK SABBATH initially announced it would record a follow-up to 2013's No. 1 reunion album "13" — and even hinted at having songs ready — that talk has faded while the band has instead unveiled next year's farewell tour. Singer Ozzy Osbourne confirmed to The Pulse Of Radio that the album plans have been scrapped. "We were gonna do one before the tour, but I'm 67 in December, it would take three or four years to write and record an album," he said. "And so we decided just to do a farewell tour. If we did an album and it went to No. 2, people would go, 'It's over.' There's only one more place you can go after No. 1 and that's No. 2, you know."

"13", the first SABBATH album in 35 years to feature original SABBATH members Ozzy, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, topped the Billboard album chart when it arrived in June 2013 — giving the band their first U.S. No. 1 album ever.

Ozzy told NOLA.com about the chances of a new studio effort: "I don’t want to say there's going to be another album, because I don't want you to ask me in another year, 'What happened when you said you were going to do another record?'"

SABBATH announced a second North American leg of its "The End" tour earlier this week. The new leg will kick off on August 17 in Wantagh, New York, closing out on September 21 in Phoenix. The first North American leg will start on January 20 in Omaha, Nebraska, ending on February 25 in New York City.

Ozzy also confirmed to NOLA.com that the tour is really the final run for the legendary metal act. He explained: "It's the end of SABBATH, believe me. In December, I'll be 67 and I think it's time to call it the end of the day."

Well the big day has finally arrived and the weather is actually decent here in Chicago for January 22nd, which makes for a much more pleasant trip to the "concert hall". :)

Looking forward to it! :haz:

For those wondering what the set from opening night was:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-sabbath/2016/centurylink-center-omaha-ne-13f39535.html

Word is there were a few more songs in set but they were cut for unknown reasons.

I just hope it wasn't because of Tony's health issues that the set was shortened. I guess we will know for sure in the upcoming shows.

• Like 1

http://www.setlist.f...e-13f39535.html

Word is there were a few more songs in set but they were cut for unknown reasons.

I just hope it wasn't because of Tony's health issues that the set was shortened. I guess we will know for sure in the upcoming shows.

Wow, the one that hasn't been played since '78 is a wonderful surprise! Hope they add back the 3 they left off when I see them in 2 weeks and 2 days.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-sabbath/2016/centurylink-center-omaha-ne-13f39535.html

Wow just wow...

Edited by djflex

You know there's a reason I posted a link to the set instead of posting the actual set, right?

Just in case people want to be surprised and not look. Maybe you should edit the post so you don't piss anyone off.

Understood...

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not that bright...

• Like 1

They need more stage time. Ozzy didn't sound too good base on what I heard on youtube. First show so they need to warm up a bit.... I hope that is the case.