Rush Women

hcm

I'm a guy, but I was wondering what the difference would be for a guy getting into rush and a woman getting into rush? For example in my case my sister and I discovered my dad's Roll The Bones CD and BOTH loved it (at the time). This isn't meant to be rude, but why ask women why they got into rush? Wouldn't it be for the same reasons a guy would get into them, because they like the music?

I think the bigger question is why are the majority of fans of "harder" music men, and not women?

Maybe because in general, women are more sensitive/emotional, and as such are more likely to be drawn to love songs and music more of that nature. I'll bet a lot of these women who typically listen to softer music would see that they could enjoy more edgy stuff if they ever actually gave it a fair shake.

The way I see it is though that Rush has always had sensitive stuff...maybe not 'love songs' but reflective stuff. Of course I was reading Tolkien when I heard Rush for the first time, so it fell right into what my thoughts were.

These days I love the hard rocking stuff, and I don't know about the rest of you but for some reason I have to play Rush as loud as possible, it just needs to be loud enough to feel it, kwim?

• Like 1

I'm a guy, but I was wondering what the difference would be for a guy getting into rush and a woman getting into rush? For example in my case my sister and I discovered my dad's Roll The Bones CD and BOTH loved it (at the time). This isn't meant to be rude, but why ask women why they got into rush? Wouldn't it be for the same reasons a guy would get into them, because they like the music?

I think the bigger question is why are the majority of fans of "harder" music men, and not women?

Maybe because in general, women are more sensitive/emotional, and as such are more likely to be drawn to love songs and music more of that nature. I'll bet a lot of these women who typically listen to softer music would see that they could enjoy more edgy stuff if they ever actually gave it a fair shake.

Let's just blame it on hormones. Actually that probably has a lot to do with it. A lot of women just naturally gravitate towards emotional rather than intellectual things. Everything revolves around sex in one way or another. I don't necessarily mean the act of sex but the emotional feelings/love type thing.

Why back in my day Rush ladies didn't even exist from what I could tell.. where did all you wonderful creatures come from?? ;)
  • Like 1

Why back in my day Rush ladies didn't even exist from what I could tell.. where did all you wonderful creatures come from?? ;)

Suck up. ;)

Rush's music changed. So it's not surprising that some of their fans changed too.

When I was 10 (Signals was just released) I was the only kid in my 5th grade class that was already a Rush fan [due to Moving Pictures]. Half my classmates knew them but were into Duran Duran or other overplayed 80s pop stuff.

Don't know...and it's kind of a slippery slope, in a way. Any reason given as to why would be a generalization, I think.

So I say, "Why ask why?"

Put on Headlong Flight and fuhgeddaboudit! :cool:

Hey man, I would never trade tomorrow for today.

• Like 2

Ha Ged's voice is one of the first things that attracted me to their sound, he sings with such emotion, the pitch is countered nicely by the music, and the unusual time signatures love them, I'm not really a musician I just know what I like, and there was something about Rush that really grabbed me. I've liked them through all their phases too. There is something from every decade that I get excited about, I'm just sad I didn't get a chance to see them live sooner than I did.

The very same here.....it was Geddys voice that attracted me to the band. The first time I heard RUSH in the mid 70's I had to ask, "what was that, who was that, that guy's voice is funky?" I also wished I was able to see them at least from the Permanent Waves album. They were ALWAYS touring in our area of Maryland and Vaginia. I only FINALLY stepped up to see them in 1984 for the GUP Tour of which I made up for by seeing them multiple times on each tour since.

Excuse me, but where were they always touring? :LOL:

HUH, what you talking about?

That place you listed, right after Maryland.

I just noticed it myself... :rfl:

I noticed it right away, but I thought he had typed it that way intentionally. Not terribly funny to me either way; sorry.

I didn't think it was terribly funny either, especially since that's where I live. But certainly not offended in any way.

Hey maybe I overdid it slightly... How's this?... :cool:

You were right the first time.

Maybe you didn't look hard enough for us. Looking at old concert photos from the '70s there were definitely women at shows. I wasn't because well, because I was only ten years old. The friend that introduced me to Rush is really the only Rush fan I knew growing up, even during the Tom Sawyer/Spirit of Radio heyday they were not really played much were I was. They are way more mainstream now than back then at least in my view.

• Like 2