Playing Rush Backwards

rftag

If you play "Dog Years" backward, you can clearly hear Geddy say, "Please, God...someone shoot me!"

Why do people hate this song so much?

I can't speak for everyone, but I hate it because the lyrics are stupid. And I've heard the, "Oh, it's just Neil's sense of humor.." excuses. But I don't believe it was meant to be humorous. I think it was just a dud of a song with which they had trouble with lyrics. As a matter of fact, that whole album was the worst lyrical work by Mr. Peart. Only "Totem" and "Resist" were even CLOSE to his usual standards. Keep in mind that this is just one man's opinion and I thought that, musically, it was a good album. I'm probably the only one that actually hates "Dog Years." But it's a "Far Cry" from their better songs. You like it?

I do like it. I don't understand why everyone hates Test for Echo. Musically, like you said, it's really good! I can set aside lyrics and focus on the music (that's what I usually do anyway). Dog years is being serious but with a touch of humor at the same time. I think it was done with a good balance. Musically, it's pretty good! Why does this one stand out as terrible but people seem to be crazy for "The Weapon", which is just boring, repetitive, and weird.

If you play "Dog Years" backward, you can clearly hear Geddy say, "Please, God...someone shoot me!"

The Weapon comment sealed it. We can compare preferences forever, but comparing "Dog Years" to "The Weapon" pretty much assures we will never agree on anything!

I can't speak for everyone, but I hate it because the lyrics are stupid. And I've heard the, "Oh, it's just Neil's sense of humor.." excuses. But I don't believe it was meant to be humorous. I think it was just a dud of a song with which they had trouble with lyrics. As a matter of fact, that whole album was the worst lyrical work by Mr. Peart. Only "Totem" and "Resist" were even CLOSE to his usual standards. Keep in mind that this is just one man's opinion and I thought that, musically, it was a good album. I'm probably the only one that actually hates "Dog Years." But it's a "Far Cry" from their better songs. You like it?

I do like it. I don't understand why everyone hates Test for Echo. Musically, like you said, it's really good! I can set aside lyrics and focus on the music (that's what I usually do anyway). Dog years is being serious but with a touch of humor at the same time. I think it was done with a good balance. Musically, it's pretty good! Why does this one stand out as terrible but people seem to be crazy for "The Weapon", which is just boring, repetitive, and weird.

The Weapon comment sealed it. We can compare preferences forever, but comparing "Dog Years" to "The Weapon" pretty much assures we will never agree on anything!

Too much beer? Meet too much passion about Earht's greatest band!

Thing I could never understand is why the intention doesn't get reversed when the music does..

if we hear Satan when music is played backwards then playing it forwards would reveal the words of God by my math..

• Like 1

Thing I could never understand is why the intention doesn't get reversed when the music does..

if we hear Satan when music is played backwards then playing it forwards would reveal the words of God by my math..

I guess "they" would argue that God wouldn't reveal Himself through Satanic lyrics. It's all bullshit as most know anyway. There are lunatics that could find the devil in an old Romper Room episode or on a Checkers board.

• Like 1

A slightly contrary scenario emerges when you consider the deliberate backward-masking of ELO. Fire on High is pretty freaky stuff, as is the song entitled (TA-DA!) "Backwards Messages."

YES! I always knew the reason i started burning houses and calling for the devil was because of subdivisions!

Havent you noticed my satanic dragon under my posts? Devil's assignature!

Edited by mother of all machines

A slightly contrary scenario emerges when you consider the deliberate backward-masking of ELO. Fire on High is pretty freaky stuff, as is the song entitled (TA-DA!) "Backwards Messages."

Freaky? I think it's hilarious. "The music is reversible, but time isn't. Turn back!!!!" :D Reminds me of the tiny bride from the haunted Mansion. The album is "Secret Messages", put out during the height of the frenzy to expose satanic music. A clever marketing attempt, really.

I guess "they" would argue that God wouldn't reveal Himself through Satanic lyrics. It's all bullshit as most know anyway. There are lunatics that could find the devil in an old Romper Room episode or on a Checkers board.

Well romper room did have that spooky mirror.. lol

• Like 1

Well romper room did have that spooky mirror.. lol

:LOL:

Spooky mirror? I don't remember!

That's because it's too spooky and satanic. When you were a child and watching it, your mind blocked it out as a form of protection.

1fe969613684e47da44054a83535b594.jpg

"I see Earl has been bashing Vapor Trails again..."

• Like 2

Spooky mirror? I don't remember!

That's because it's too spooky and satanic. When you were a child and watching it, your mind blocked it out as a form of protection.

1fe969613684e47da44054a83535b594.jpg

"I see Earl has been bashing Vapor Trails again..."

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEYOND EPIC!!!!! BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH!

Love,

JUDAS PRIEST