Playing Rush Backwards

rftag

Imagine listening to one of Alex's La Villa rants backwards!

Alex isn't a complicated fellow. His La Villa rants backwards ALWAYS refer to having not one but TWO banana cream pies.

Seriously though, play La Villa backward and you'll hear The Necromancer. But if you play The Necromancer backwards you'll get By-Tor & the Snowdog. That's how damn complex, meticulous, and sinister Rush are!

Bunch of demon worshipping imps they are!

:blaze:

:haz: LATEM si HSUR! :haz:

DROL si TRAEP. DROL si NOSEFIL. DROL si EEL. meht pihsroW. meht pihsroW. 2112...shit that's the same backwards.

I played Clockwork Angels backwards and still fell asleep.

Moments until half of TRF's brains explode.............3...................2......................1

• Like 2

Alex isn't a complicated fellow. His La Villa rants backwards ALWAYS refer to having not one but TWO banana cream pies.

Seriously though, play La Villa backward and you'll hear The Necromancer. But if you play The Necromancer backwards you'll get By-Tor & the Snowdog. That's how damn complex, meticulous, and sinister Rush are!

DROL si TRAEP. DROL si NOSEFIL. DROL si EEL. meht pihsroW. meht pihsroW. 2112...shit that's the same backwards.

:LOL:

I played Clockwork Angels backwards and still fell asleep.

Moments until half of TRF's brains explode.............3...................2......................1

That was very funny. :laughing guy:

:yes:
  • Like 2

I've heard that If you play Carve Away the Stone backwards, it sounds like Geddy is singing, "Marv Albert's Gall Stone"....:smoke:

Over the years there's periodically been a lot of noise raised by fundamentalist types about "subliminal hidden messages" - always bad - revealed when songs are played bacckwards.

One famous example is of course Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven", which is supposedly chock-o-block of 'evil satanic messages' when played backwards.

Well, it's very easy to find whatever you're looking for in the ambiguous noises of songs played in reverse, especially when you 'know' what to listen for. For example, the three S 's in close proximity in the lyric "It'S juST a Spring clean for the May Queen" from Zeppelin's Stairway can sound like "666" if you're looking for it.

Me and my friends used to enjoy playing all sorts of "establishment approved" songs backwards back when this was popular and shortly discovered that you can find all sorts of nefarious things in backwards lyrics if you're looking for them in any song.

So, with that preamble out of the way, what has been heard in Rush songs played backwards?

I have ADD tonight so I'm not going to read through this thread but I have proof about "Backmasking." It truly does exist. I remember playing "Another One Bites The Dust" on lp and I learned to play the song backwards. So I did! I played it backwards spinning the disc with my own hand.

Sure enough I heard "Its fun to smoke marijuana" said over and over again!

NOSEFIL! maybe he needs a kleenex!

The stage name is an obvious drug reference. More evidence of RUSH's sinister nature.

The stage name is an obvious drug reference. More evidence of RUSH's sinister nature.

Exactly. Devil worshippin', coke-snortin' sumbitches!

• Like 1

I read somewhere about the backward-masking of "Anthem"- the ATWAS version but it was several years ago so I forgot the details except it was ordinary satin-worship related thing.

Oh and i remember "Its fun to smoke marijuana"

Also some Pink Floyd songs contains backward message intentionally but i don't remember the name of the song.

And Chain Lightning guitar solo was recorded backward? (nothing to do with backward masking though)

Q

I'm still waiting for any kind of respected study that shows 1) our brains are capable of somehow unscrambling and understanding these messages and 2) that these messages are somehow more likely to cause us to obey them due to being backwards than a message played normally. Until then I couldn't care less.

Are you saying the science behind back-masking might be in question? :o :o :o

I definitely lol at the idea of science here. I'm amazed that anyone takes this seriously. Let's look at it backwards for a moment (yes, pun). Where are the vast armies of satan worshippers that have fallen prey to these messages?

It's as if those that subscribe to the idea of back-masking aren't scientific thinkers?

Maybe the producers of ancient aliens can bring us subliminal evil: exposing backwards messages in music that is 30 years old.

Hair boy Georgio :AlienSmiley:

My question is " who even thought of doing this and why?' Must have been the purple microdot.

Arguably, it was in the early 1900s when occultist Aleister Crowley suggested that magicians play phonograph records backwards in order to train themselves to THINK backwards (in order to be skilled at their tricks). He didn't actually come up with the idea of playing the recordings backwards...that had already been done by others in the 19th century simply to see what music sounded like backwards.

Next, think about The Beatles who mischievously put backwards messages on Revolver just for satire/kicks PLUS the thought of Crowley the OCCULTIST advising magicians to do so as training decades earlier ----> these things might've led to the hardcore religious fanatics idiotically screaming that rockers are devil-worshipping sinners who put hidden messages in their music.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

If you play "Dog Years" backward, you can clearly hear Geddy say, "Please, God...someone shoot me!"

Why do people hate this song so much?

I can't speak for everyone, but I hate it because the lyrics are stupid. And I've heard the, "Oh, it's just Neil's sense of humor.." excuses. But I don't believe it was meant to be humorous. I think it was just a dud of a song with which they had trouble with lyrics. As a matter of fact, that whole album was the worst lyrical work by Mr. Peart. Only "Totem" and "Resist" were even CLOSE to his usual standards. Keep in mind that this is just one man's opinion and I thought that, musically, it was a good album. I'm probably the only one that actually hates "Dog Years." But it's a "Far Cry" from their better songs. You like it?