You would think Neil would have updated his site by now?

Jsteinrush

Good read, I wasn't curious about his thoughts after the tour or the future of the band but what tshirt he designed.

Well I think he's just telling us he's working on a book. I'm glad for that.

He seems to be hinting at a lot more than a new book.

Only thing I get out of it is that he's saying that life goes on.

Good read, I wasn't curious about his thoughts after the tour or the future of the band but what tshirt he designed.

The last two paragraphs tell us that Rush is done touring.

• Like 1

Yeah....honestly it couldn't have been any more obvious...then he commented on his Moms feelings...?....

Yeah....honestly it couldn't have been any more obvious...then he commented on his Moms feelings...?....

Yeah I can see why. The picture is kind of sad.

And even his mom doesn't like it! Lol

They're done, it's over folks. Time to let gooooo. It has to be done.

I let go the night I saw them in Tampa. I was satisfied, and if I don't see them again, i'm okay with that. It's mainly because of the Sabbath thing as well. I may not even see Sabbath though, simply because Ozzy is horrible now. Both bands ending around the same time, i find it a bit cool.

Without any say from Ged or Alex, of course.

most of the forum makes it sound like the band is dependent on neil. he would be easy to replace. they could find a drummer as good or better and go out and tour and they probably will someday.

Really now?

He has been the primarily (more accurately nearly sole) lyricist for more than 40 years. They are going to find a drummer and a lyricist that fits the expectations and brand of the band? One the fans will accept? And the long time, die hard fans are going to go for this? The long time, die hard fans (the ones who actually buy the bulk of the tickets) are going to stand for a Rush show without a drum solo.... or worse, someone other than Peart doing a drum solo at Rush concert? And please don't say "Portnoy".

When they went through their very extended hiatus after the tragedies, Neil made it very clear he was done and the fact he came back was something slightly short of miraculous. Alex and Ged did not work together on any musical projects as Rush during the hiatus, but released solo work. But this time they are going to change their mind? Particularly nearly 20 years later and older? Particularly given Alex' own health concerns?

Both Alex and Ged have made it very clear that Rush is a three piece band with three specific members. But they are apparently lying?

Here's the thing.... they may do a one-off festival show in the future (although doubtful). They may do a short residency thing (would be more likely given their perfectionist nature and a one-off has too many risks). They may even record together as Rush (although this creates expectations of touring, so more doubtful). But there is no reason to believe they aren't done touring.

I would contend that people who think Alex and Ged are willing to go on as "Rush" without Neil grossly underestimate the brotherhood among these men.

• Like 2

Without any say from Ged or Alex, of course.

So Rush should operate as a tyranny of the majority? If the other two want to tour, then Neil must?

It's pretty obvious the band discussed all of this prior to the tour. Hell, the tour announcement made it pretty clear it was the last one. It's not as if Neil's blog post revealed any sort of secret that Alex and Geddy didn't already know.... or any of us didn't already know.

Maybe the image should read "the road ends.... get over it" because, IMO, there's a lot of Rush fans who need to accept that.

• Like 1

most of the forum makes it sound like the band is dependent on neil. he would be easy to replace. they could find a drummer as good or better and go out and tour and they probably will someday.

Really now?

He has been the primarily (more accurately nearly sole) lyricist for more than 40 years. They are going to find a drummer and a lyricist that fits the expectations and brand of the band? One the fans will accept? And the long time, die hard fans are going to go for this? The long time, die hard fans (the ones who actually buy the bulk of the tickets) are going to stand for a Rush show without a drum solo.... or worse, someone other than Peart doing a drum solo at Rush concert? And please don't say "Portnoy".

When they went through their very extended hiatus after the tragedies, Neil made it very clear he was done and the fact he came back was something slightly short of miraculous. Alex and Ged did not work together on any musical projects as Rush during the hiatus, but released solo work. But this time they are going to change their mind? Particularly nearly 20 years later and older? Particularly given Alex' own health concerns?

Both Alex and Ged have made it very clear that Rush is a three piece band with three specific members. But they are apparently lying?

Here's the thing.... they may do a one-off festival show in the future (although doubtful). They may do a short residency thing (would be more likely given their perfectionist nature and a one-off has too many risks). They may even record together as Rush (although this creates expectations of touring, so more doubtful). But there is no reason to believe they aren't done touring.

I would contend that people who think Alex and Ged are willing to go on as "Rush" without Neil grossly underestimate the brotherhood among these men.

new rush music would require neil but tour with their 40 years of music without neil not hard to do.

And please don't say "Portnoy".

:laughing guy:

In theory he'd be perfect for the job. He loves the band, Neil is one of his major inspirations, probably knows all the songs.

Edited by fraroc

Rush will never tour or record as "Rush" without Neil Peart.....the entire idea is patently absurd.

Nor would I pay for such a bad idea.

• Like 1

Rush will never tour or record as "Rush" without Neil Peart.....the entire idea is patently absurd.

who says it has to be as rush? they can call themselves anything they damn want to. if geddy and alex are there, so are my wife and i!

• Like 2

who says it has to be as rush? they can call themselves anything they damn want to. if geddy and alex are there, so are my wife and i!

:yes: :7up: