You would think Neil would have updated his site by now?

Jsteinrush

Back to the original topic. No, he hasn't updated.

He is on hiatus from stardom until further notice, and having a blast being a husband and father!

Good for him. You go, Neil!

• Like 2

Back to the original topic. No, he hasn't updated.

He is on hiatus from stardom until further notice, and having a blast being a husband and father!

Good for him. You go, Neil!

I agree. I think that it's cool that his daughter got to see him perform for the 1st time on the tour. It was in New Orleans i think. I'm sure that is a show he will never forget.

I think if anything Neil only did this tour for Geddy and Alex.

If it wasn't for Geddy and Alex, especially Geddy because Alex didn't care for him at all, he'd be counting nails at his father's hardware store still.

Well, can't remember what kind of little business his father had, but I know he was working for him the day he packed his drums in trash cans and stuffed them into his mother's Nova (or was it her Vega? Hahaha) and went to "audition" for Geddy and Alex.

Edited by Lorraine

If it wasn't for Geddy and Alex, especially Geddy because Alex didn't care for him at all, he'd be counting nails at his father's hardware store still.

Now now Lorraine, Alex did facetiously say Neil wasn't cool enough to join the band (based on looks), but then gave him high praise for "pounding the crap out of the drums like John Bonham and Keith Moon". However, it was his humor that sealed the deal:

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Now now Lorraine, Alex did facetiously say Neil wasn't cool enough to join the band (based on looks), but then gave him high praise for "pounding the crap out of the drums like John Bonham and Keith Moon". However, it was his humor that sealed the deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFcT7Ljhx5o

Ask Neil how Alex treated him the day he came to audition. He wouldn't even talk to him.

Neil has mentioned it several times throughout the years. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFcT7Ljhx5o

Ask Neil how Alex treated him the day he came to audition. He wouldn't even talk to him.

Neil has mentioned it several times throughout the years. :)

It's kinda funny how some things come full circle. I'm more than pretty sure that Alex is giving him the silent treatment again these days! :D

• Like 1

you think neil's "I'm better than you, don't talk to me" schtick would be so endearing in a construction yard?

It's more like "I'm not better than you, don't worship me."

He doesn't like when people worship him like a god.

I think neil probably sees himself as superior to all of us. nerdy, bookish type + proficient musician is the perfect recipe for a superiority complex

Just as being an under-read and marginally talented fan is a perfect recipe for developing a jealous, needy, angry attitude. Not directed at you or anyone here in particular, but that seems to be part of the dynamic. Neil probably sees it that way and has for some time (Limelight?).

there are other rockstars who read good books and play well who don't have the same attitude as neil peart. when I first got here I would defend the guy at all costs - he was the member of the band I felt I related to the most, and everyone else was a "jealous hater" or some nonsense. and I can make the same "I hope the band reads the board and sees me defending them!" excuses that a lot of you like to throw around, and I still defend him as much as I can, but some of the stuff I read about the guy just screams "douche" to me.

Did you ever watch that video clip of him and the man who re-trained him as a drummer (forgot his name - is it Freddie?)? You know, the ballet slipper guy? Neil looked like a five year old who had just met his hero. I think he looked up to him for some reason.

Did you ever watch that video clip of him and the man who re-trained him as a drummer (forgot his name - is it Freddie?)? You know, the ballet slipper guy? Neil looked like a five year old who had just met his hero. I think he looked up to him for some reason.

Freddie Gruber, Why the ballet slipper guy?

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, either he or Neil mentions them.

It's on Beyond the ... doc. they don't say ballet guy, but that's what they meant. Playing drums is like doing a dance in the air

• Like 1

It's on Beyond the ... doc. they don't say ballet guy, but that's what they meant. Playing drums is like doing a dance in the air

I didn't mean to imply that he was called that. That's what I called him. :)

Well, can't remember what kind of little business his father had, but I know he was working for him the day he packed his drums in trash cans and stuffed them into his mother's Nova (or was it her Vega? Hahaha) and went to "audition" for Geddy and Alex.

Lorraine sorry but you have most of this wrong. Alex and Geddy agreed that they wouldn't talk about it until they heard everyone play and were able to

Discuss but Ged went right ahead and talked to him immediately. Neil was managing the parts department at his fathers farm equipment dealership. Its all right here in the movie.

• Like 1

A soft shoe is not a ballet slipper.

Lorraine sorry but you have most of this wrong. Alex and Geddy agreed that they wouldn't talk about it until they heard everyone play and were able to

Discuss but Ged went right ahead and talked to him immediately. Neil was managing the parts department at his fathers farm equipment dealership. Its all right here in the movie.

:LOL: I did say I couldn't remember. I'm so glad we have folks like you around who are on top of things! Thank you! :cheers:

Did I get the make of the car right?

:LOL: I did say I couldn't remember. I'm so glad we have folks like you around who are on top of things! Thank you! :cheers:

Yes

• Like 1

Yes

I thought it was a Pinto!

Yes

I thought it was a Pinto!

Aye lad you right. I was thinking Beverly Hills Cop for some reason.

Good read, I wasn't curious about his thoughts after the tour or the future of the band but what tshirt he designed.

Well I think he's just telling us he's working on a book. I'm glad for that.

• Like 1