You would think Neil would have updated his site by now?

Jsteinrush

This is really what Neil's doing right now...

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/YBG%20Cover%20Neil_zpsj1wnsjlf.jpg

Great job man. :cheers:

Love the details. The Moist cover and the mug, just brilliant. :clap:

That is all x1yyz. Freaking crazy stuff isn't it?

What do you mean, me? The diner really had a framed Moist album and TRF coffee mugs!

I saw the mug right away, but I didn't even notice Moist until I'd looked at it maybe three times.

:blink:

Haha! Excellent.

But more directly topical- I've been a drummer for 30 years, and I've always been in awe of Neil. But I've never once looked at his blog, nor read a book of his. I'd like to...but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Does this mean I'm not a True Rush Fan?

• Like 2

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/YBG%20Cover%20Neil_zpsj1wnsjlf.jpg

What do you mean, me? The diner really had a framed Moist album and TRF coffee mugs!

I saw the mug right away, but I didn't even notice Moist until I'd looked at it maybe three times.

Haha! Excellent.

But more directly topical- I've been a drummer for 30 years, and I've always been in awe of Neil. But I've never once looked at his blog, nor read a book of his. I'd like to...but I just haven't gotten around to it.

You MUST read Masked Rider and Roadshow, the latter gives you the best insight to the band. Good reads.
  • Like 2

Haha! Excellent.

Oh no, and here I thought you really liked the band! ;)

Roadshow is a very interesting read. It tells you a lot about what touring is like for Neil, and helps you understand why he is wary of fans who overstep boundaries in trying to meet their idols. Ghost Rider is good if you'd like to know about the emotional turmoil he dealt with after his personal tragedies. His blog entries are really only if you're interested in learning about Neil himself, and the everyday things that interest him.

• Like 1

OK, I'll just say it: despite his amazing percussion prowess, his blogs, and his books... Neil is still a DICK. :D

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/c1/c1f806455516ad8bfb2a95a875348d4d27903996ec4bf48af01ed8d73cfe6cea.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I'll just say it: despite his amazing percussion prowess, his blogs, and his books... Neil is still a DICK. :D

Nobody paying any attention to you over on the Van Halen forum?

• Like 2

Haha! Excellent.

you don't even know neil's favorite books? favorite color? favorite food?? what he's wearing?? you're a disgrace!!

• Like 2

I'm not on any other music/band forums. No need to get upset, though. It's just my opinion. And trust me, right now, that opinion is shared by many.

• Like 1

I'm not on any other music/band forums. No need to get upset, though. It's just my opinion. And trust me, right now, that opinion is shared by many.

If anyone is upset it sounds like you.

I imagine this to be true. But what can we do? Let it ride and say "thank you" for all those years of joy sounds good to me.

After this tour I can't complain one iota.

Just waiting for the new drummer to show up.

• Like 2

I imagine this to be true. But what can we do? Let it ride and say "thank you" for all those years of joy sounds good to me.

If you remember, this guy was pretending to be someone who actually had something to do with the band. Would someone who did actually call Neil a dick? I don't think so. Also he was going to leave and not come back. I see that lasted a short time. Too bad.

If you remember, this guy was pretending to be someone who actually had something to do with the band. Would someone who did actually call Neil a dick? I don't think so. Also he was going to leave and not come back. I see that lasted a short time. Too bad.

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

• Like 2

We all know it's going to be a two or three thousand word essay about riding his bike on some god-forsaken logging road overlooking the Pacific Coast highway, and talking about how summer always reminds him of Upton Sinclair's novel about a guy who go lives in a cabin and talks to himself for thirty years. At the end he'll talk about the last couple of shows, about how Al is funny and Geddy was gestabulatory (I guarantee you, the word exists and Neil is the first person in 138 years to use it). At the end he might drop a hint that it's time for a good long rest, but there won't be any great declaration that the band is done, or that he's retiring, or whether they will record again. You will have waded through a long travelogue and vocabulary-busting prose only to discover you've learned absolutely nothing.
  • Like 7

Brad is not pretending. I was fascinated by the documentary on his job with Rush. Really cool stuff. A talented musician in his own right.

He was also kind enough to let Howard know I wanted to speak with him. Very nice of Brad

• Like 2

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

Nobody but I know what's coming.

Let's think of it like this:

For those who were around in 1974, try to remember back to what your life was like

It was a long time ago

And Neil has been in this band since then - writing, creating, on the road, recording, getting married, mourning the unexpected losses of his daughter and wife, and more writing, recording and touring

It might have come to an end a few weeks ago

To put it in perspective, I get emotional when my favorite TV show goes off the air ..

It is natural to reflect back, not just on a TV show, but ALL OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN LIFE SINCE THAT TV SHOW

Neil has a lot to digest from the past 40 years

Let's just say that blogging is, understandably and sanely, not his priority

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

I have heard this by many, I remember reading an interview with joey jordison who was a fan of his saying he just doesnt like his attitude and that basically yeah he's a dick. It surprise me to hear this because you wouldn't tell it the way he presents himself on his videos and in interviews. does he get along with anyone? and how rude is he to people in front of their faces. is it more that he's anti social or he is literally a dick to people in front of them.

also I've heard you comment about him but how are geddy and alex in that regard, any surprises there?