The Royal QUEEN Discussion and Adoration Thread!

Entre_Perpetuo

I don't want to be spoiled about what they're playing. It's got to be a surprise. I've got to be speculating and wondering for months so it will live up to the hype.

but what i they play some deep cuts? That would be incredible! Like, Son And Daughter would be so much fun, or Dragon Attack, or Dead On Time, Let Me Entertain You, Ogre Battle, Sheer Heart Attack, It's Late, Who Wants To Live Forever, Teo Torriate, I Can't Live With You, the possibilities are endless!!!!!

...but they do have a lot of hits to play so...lol, it'll probably just be all the American hits with the essential 80s/90s songs.

But what if???

• Like 1

Also I got the 6 CD On Air box for Christmas. It's excellent, interviews and all. I'd heard a number of the sessions before, sure, and the number of versions of Ogre Battle and Son And Daughter now on my iPod is kind of hilarious, but it's well worth it. Like someone said early the sessions are incendiary indeed, and the live bits are equally thrilling. Especially notable is It's Late, which has the weirdest possible bits of Get Down, Make Love surgically inserted into it to make it something like the epic I thought it would be when I first saw the run time on NOTW, lol. Anyway this is a great set and QUEEN REIGNS!!!!!

YES YES YES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR YES!!!!!

That 6 box set is fantastic. Great to hear Golders Green so clear at last. In the 80's I had a rough cassette boot of it.

Saw Queen + AL in Glasgow in 2015. It was superb. Fun night.

• Like 1

Gah, I listened to The Game again last night, and while I enjoyed it more than ever, I've finally concluded the main issue is that side two doesn't live up to side one.

Rock It is fun I guess, but a little monotonous and undynamic (minus the shift from the intro to the main track, but that intro is really kinda boring imo). Personally I would've ramped up the guitars a smidge and mixed down the vocals, maybe made a sparser rhythm track as well.

Don't Try Suicide is still never as much fun at 33 as it is at 45, the speed it should've been in the first place. At it's original tempo, it creates a strange tension of tone between moody and whimsical which never quite settles for me.

Sail Away Sweet Sister is still great, but still feels like a minor highlight than a major gem for some reason, idk, maybe if the song structure was a little looser.

Coming Soon has much more texture than I remembered, but it's still just not a very good song. Certainly they could've thought of something to make it better?

And lastly Save Me gives the album its saving grace. My favorite song from The Game, my tenth favorite Queen song ever. Queen try an honest to goodness, no unnecessary frills, pop rock pomp rock aor power ballad for the first time and make it one of the greatest things they'd ever done. Roger's playing is in top form, even if it's simplistic. Deacon's inventive bass accompaniment is as entertaining and surprising as ever, Brian's solo is yet another work of genius, fusing some semi-spanish acoustic picking with his usual guitar symphony but maintaining the sense of melody perfectly (and I think he's playing piano on this one too...), and then there's Freddie. He slays the vocal as always, but this is one special moment in his career where he sounds as desperate and dead serious as he would on Innuendo, when he actually was singing for his life. I mean, this is yet another example of how there are great rock singers, there are the best rock singers, there are the best singers...and then there's Freddie.

Side one managed to grow on me a lot more though. I heard extra bits in I Need Your Loving that were entertaining, I heard deeper into Dragon Attack and realized how even more awesome it is, and the three hits were as pristine as ever (I never get tired of Play The Game in particular, another one of Freddie's best vocals and melodies).

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I don't want to be spoiled about what they're playing. It's got to be a surprise. I've got to be speculating and wondering for months so it will live up to the hype.

but what i they play some deep cuts? That would be incredible! Like, Son And Daughter would be so much fun, or Dragon Attack, or Dead On Time, Let Me Entertain You, Ogre Battle, Sheer Heart Attack, It's Late, Who Wants To Live Forever, Teo Torriate, I Can't Live With You, the possibilities are endless!!!!!

Prepare to be disappointed...

Prepare to be disappointed...

Roger Taylor, Brian May, and Adam Lambert have all hinted to the idea that they'll be playing some rarer songs. The speculation is that, this being the 40th anniversary of their biggest selling album, they'll play some deeper cuts off of NOTW, which I'd be sooooooo happy about because that album hasn't a hint of filler on it (even my favorite, ANATO, looses me a smidge with Sweet Lady). I'm hoping for It's Late...but I shouldn't hold my breath.

But yeah they're definitely tossing in some deep cuts in the setlist. I will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

the further away time gets from when I first heard Innuendo...

The more I love it.

Maybe I like it more than The Miracle after all, maybe it's my number 5 Queen album.

And what if it's higher...?

• Like 1

Queen! The only band I love more than Rush.

Let's discuss!

Yo!

I saw QUEEN last night! I fukking LOVED IT! I took my parents!!!! My dad is 80. Brian is 70. Amazing! My dad is soooooo fuckking cool! I am taking my dad to see IRON MAIDEN and GHOST on July 5th! My 80 year old dad is AWESOME! You wonder where I get all of my energy from?

Growing old is for the weak!

I am BLESSED!!!

My mom LOVES Adam Lambert! I thought he did one HELL of a job and no one can fill Freddie's shoes.

When Brian sang "Love Of My Life" my heart was ripped out of my chest. All I could think about was my ex-wife. I spent 21 years with her. Thought she was the "ONE."

LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS!!!

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

PS: The highlight for was seeing Roger do "I'm In Love With My Car." Goal achieved.

Freddie was the greatest rock vocalist on the planet.

The only other mortal soul who comes close is ROB HALFORD!!!!!

QUEEN RULES!!!

My mum is 76 and my daddio is 80. They loved the show!!!!

I can't believe my dad is going to see MAIDEN and GHOST with me!!!!!

Then again I can!

I've taken my dad to see:

RUSH

KISS

VAN HALEN

VAN HAGAR

MONTROSE

DEF LEPPARD

TED NUGENT

Y&T

ASIA

PAUL McCARTNEY

I am taking my parents to see THE WHO on August 16th!!!

• Like 1

the further away time gets from when I first heard Innuendo...

The more I love it.

Maybe I like it more than The Miracle after all, maybe it's my number 5 Queen album.

And what if it's higher...?

innuendo is in my top 10.

i mean if you're gonna go out. what a way to do so.

Mick

INNUENDO IS IN MY TOP FIVE NOW AND I'M SEEING QUEEN + AL TOMORROW NIGHT IN NASHVILLE OH MY HOLY SWISS CHEESE NUTS THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER IF I PASS OUT IT WON'T BE LACK OF SLEEP IT WILL BE BECAUSE OF THE OVERWHELMING FORCE OF AWESOMENESS GUSHING OUT OF MY LIFE ALL AT ONCE!!!!!

Queen reigns. Tomorrow's gonna be the best. :D-13:

• Like 2

I promise I didn't write this (though you may find it hard to believe, lol):

http://www.nashvillescene.com/music/features/article/20970380/a-diehard-queen-fan-considers-queen-adam-lambert

• Like 1

So...

:yay: :unsure: :blink: :poke: :spitwater: :scared: :o :musicnote: :16ton: :guitar: :NP: :drool: :dweez: :banana: :cheerleader: :haz: :7up: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:sundog: :angel: :ebert: :clap: :)

yeah.

• Like 1

INNUENDO IS IN MY TOP FIVE NOW AND I'M SEEING QUEEN + AL TOMORROW NIGHT IN NASHVILLE OH MY HOLY SWISS CHEESE NUTS THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER IF I PASS OUT IT WON'T BE LACK OF SLEEP IT WILL BE BECAUSE OF THE OVERWHELMING FORCE OF AWESOMENESS GUSHING OUT OF MY LIFE ALL AT ONCE!!!!!

Sorry I missed ya! Great show!

• Like 1

Sorry I missed ya! Great show!

No kidding!!!!

• Like 1

Off all songs to hear on the radio, today I heard Need Your Loving Tonight, from the Game. Brought back memories.

Here's a live version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7Dq4aVag0

Wasn't a big fan of that song first time I heard it, but once I could look back on it with knowledge of what came after, and was able to understand their change in musical direction, I realized...

That's another one of John's best songs. And the little bridge bit ("and if I see you with another guy"): ear worm of the century.

• Like 1

Off all songs to hear on the radio, today I heard Need Your Loving Tonight, from the Game. Brought back memories.

Here's a live version...

Wasn't a big fan of that song first time I heard it, but once I could look back on it with knowledge of what came after, and was able to understand their change in musical direction, I realized...

That's another one of John's best songs. And the little bridge bit ("and if I see you with another guy"): ear worm of the century.

"I'll eat my heart out cuz I love - love - love - love her!"'

:7up:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Here's a live version...

"I'll eat my heart out cuz I love - love - love - love her!"'

:7up:

John really perfected the three minute pop song with that one. I only wish side two of The Game could've been as compelling as side one. At least it has one of my top ten favs: Save Me.

• Like 1