The Royal QUEEN Discussion and Adoration Thread!

Entre_Perpetuo

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22200000/Little-Freddie-freddie-mercury-22211312-365-450.jpg Happy Birthday Freddie Mercury!

Freddie would've been 69 years young today, but God wanted that beautiful voice back at the great gig in the sky. Oh well, we'll all be up there and here Fred sing again soon enough, and this time with a real gospel choir. Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

My husband told me yesterday, when I was telling him about this thread, that the lead singer of Queen is a trained opera singer.

With my husband I always employ the Ronnie Reagan method of "trust but verify."

So I am asking you Queen adulators if what he says is right.

My husband told me yesterday, when I was telling him about this thread, that the lead singer of Queen is a trained opera singer.

No. Piano lessons from 7 til 9.

But, he had a 4-octave vocal range, he was a natural baritone. He felt quite inferior to real opera stars, hence his shyness when he first met Monserrat Caballe.

• Like 2

But, he had a 4-octave vocal range, he was a natural baritone. He felt quite inferior to real opera stars, hence his shyness when he first met Monserrat Caballe.

Freddie Did a duet WITH an opera singer. but no......he was never one.

Mick

Why am I not surprised he got it wrong? :LOL:

Thank you gentlemen!

From what I can gather here, he's dead? When did he die, and from what?

• Like 1

Mick

Thank you gentlemen!

Nov 24 1991. Complications arising from AIDS. I cried for days.

• Like 1

Mick

Thank you gentlemen!

Nov 24 1991. Complications arising from AIDS. I cried for days.

i rember that well. i was a wee lad. but i was already rockin' to queen by then.

Mick

• Like 1

I know nothing about them except for their popular songs from the seventies mostly and early eighties, and I only owned one of their albums, so forgive my ignorance when I ask if they are no more and, if they are still around, how is their replacement singer?

I know nothing about them except for their popular songs from the seventies mostly and early eighties, and I only owned one of their albums, so forgive my ignorance when I ask if they are no more and, if they are still around, how is their replacement singer?

Queen.....meaning Brian May and Roger taylor......toured with Paul Rodgers. who....IMO was kick ass. No Freddie.....but he did great. They are now with Adam lambert of American Idol. he's just........no. not for me.

Mick

• Like 2

They are now with Adam lambert of American Idol. he's just........no. not for me.

Mick

Please, for the love of all things righteous and holy, no, just no.

• Like 1

They are now with Adam lambert of American Idol. he's just........no. not for me.

Mick

Brian and Roger were on AI as coaches too. it's like.......i love you guys.....but......really? We're that desperate?

Mick

Mick

Brian and Roger were on AI as coaches too. it's like.......i love you guys.....but......really? We're that desperate?

Mick

May has one of the greatest guitar tones in the universe.

• Like 3

On a very basic level, I now enjoy this band.

Brian May. Legend.

• Like 4

On a very basic level, I now enjoy this band.

Brian May. Legend.

Step in the right direction. Baby steps.

go Segue!

Mick

Also, after months of playing Dennis DeYoung Styx albums, Mercury sounds...I dunno...completely bearable! Funny...but his voice rarely, if ever, annoys me.

But I also don't feel a pull towards their music like I do my favourite bands. Then again, I used to say that about Bon Jovi and Foreigner.

• Like 2

Queen Elizabeth II is set to become the longest reigning monarch in U,K. history, tomorrow!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/85.jpeg

(You did say the Royal Queen thread . . . . . ) :o

• Like 3

Queen Elizabeth II is set to become the longest reigning monarch in U,K. history, tomorrow!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/85.jpeg

(You did say the Royal Queen thread . . . . . ) :o

She is a babe.

No need to pass the hot sauce, she is already here!

• Like 3

In response to previous posts/conversations:

Freddie Passed away from pneumonia from aids at the all too young age of 45. He also recorded some of his most impassioned and everlasting vocals while on his death bead, the band having stopped touring in 1986 so they could focus more on re-perfecting their studio magic. I wasn't alive for any of that, but it hits me with just as much emotion as some of the others on this thread who went through losing him.

Freddie wasn't technically an opera singer, but he did do some opera once, because he loved it and he could, and for that he recieved the highest praises of the actual opera singer he worked with. He was also absolutely honest in his early claims that Queen were doing something that had never been done, combining rock and opera, this mainly showing in the immortal Bohemian Rhapsody.

I never had the chance to see or hear Queen + Paul Rodgers, but he's a great singer, so it was probably great. However I nearly had the chance to see Queen + Adam Lambert the summer before last (had to miss it, much to my dismay, for a saxophone camp which had already been paid for), and my friend who invited me later said simply "Freddie would've been proud." I believe that. Though I still wish I could see it for myself (I know you were just here, but come back to the states Brian, Roger, and Adam! I didn't get to see you last time! :( )

Yaaaay! Segue is beginning to enjoy the majesty of Queen! A righteous occasion indeed!

• Like 2