The Royal QUEEN Discussion and Adoration Thread!

Entre_Perpetuo

A Day At The Races easily has some of Queen's best ever production and always reminds me of spring, which is not my favorite season, but always has me excited since it leads to summer. A very springy album indeed. Sounds super impressive on a stereo.

And for me, it reminds me of summer. I remember buying the vinyl in the summer of 87, really hot day too. And of course, Drowse, THE lazy, hazy, summer anthem.

• Like 1

Bought Innuendo on vinyl (the rerelease with two discs and no track edits) while I was I Ireland last week. Sounds perfect, definitely moved the album up in my Queen discography ranking (even though I still haven't decided where it actually ranks). Interesting that they switched TATDOOL and ICLWY for this release. I think I still dig the old order better, but this order oddly seems slightly more balanced, so I can roll with it. The artwork is absolutely incredible by the way. If there were ever a Queen release which must be owned on double disc, gatefold sleeved vinyl, this is the one.

you were in Ireland last week? You shoulda popped in and said hello!!! I have the original on vinyl, probably the last new vinyl I bought for some time as the CD era took over. Got it in HMV, Cork.

Beautiful album, their true swansong.

• Like 1

Ever since ReGor mentioned bohemian rhapsody on here quite a while back. I've been trying to remember how it went. As you know, since I have dial-up, I just can't google it and give a listen, so I have to rely on my music memory. I could never understand how I couldn't remember how the song went since it was played on the FM back when it first came out almost as often as Stairway to Heaven.

anyway, last night I was sitting at the kitchen table with my husband, and all of a sudden in my head I hear:

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Got a moose, got a moose

Whether these are the actual lyrics or not, I do not know. I remember one day shortly after this song came out, sitting in a bar in Manhattan after work with a friend of mine. This song came on the jukebox. All of a sudden, my friend says: "What the hell kind of lyrics are these? Got a moose???" :LOL:

Is this Bohemian Rhapsody? :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Bought Innuendo on vinyl (the rerelease with two discs and no track edits) while I was I Ireland last week. Sounds perfect, definitely moved the album up in my Queen discography ranking (even though I still haven't decided where it actually ranks). Interesting that they switched TATDOOL and ICLWY for this release. I think I still dig the old order better, but this order oddly seems slightly more balanced, so I can roll with it. The artwork is absolutely incredible by the way. If there were ever a Queen release which must be owned on double disc, gatefold sleeved vinyl, this is the one.

Was it only the vinyl that was edited or was the original CD edited too?

Ever since ReGor mentioned bohemian rhapsody on here quite a while back. I've been trying to remember how it went. As you know, since I have dial-up, I just can't google it and give a listen, so I have to rely on my music memory. I could never understand how I couldn't remember how the song went since it was played on the FM back when it first came out almost as often as Stairway to Heaven.

anyway, last night I was sitting at the kitchen table with my husband, and all of a sudden in my head I hear:

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Got a moose, got a moose

Whether these are the actual lyrics or not, I do not know. I remember one day shortly after this song came out, sitting in a bar in Manhattan after work with a friend of mine. This song came on the jukebox. All of a sudden, my friend says: "What the hell kind of lyrics are these? Got a moose???" :LOL:

Yes, my favorite song of all time. So glad you refound it. :)

(Btw, it's actually scaramouche, not got a moose, but as my favorite Freedie quote goes, "if you see it darling, then it's there")

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Just the original vinyl. The original CD had the full album in the "correct order."

Random question ReGor, but you're obviously one of the other huge Queen fans around here and I was curious, what's your favorite Queen song?

EDIT: just watched that video, W. O. W. Go Roger go.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Got a moose, got a moose

Scaramouche?

• Like 1

Random question ReGor, but you're obviously one of the other huge Queen fans around here and I was curious, what's your favorite Queen song?

Nearly impossible question to answer.

I would say, "Drowse" from "A Day at the Races".

I also quite like "The Prophet Song" from "A Night at the Opera" and "Misfire" from "Sheer Heart Attack".

• Like 3

Nearly impossible question to answer.

I would say, "Drowse" from "A Day at the Races".

I also quite like "The Prophet Song" from "A Night at the Opera" and "Misfire" from "Sheer Heart Attack".

Funny, I always thought Drowse was the equivalent of filler on ADATR, but as time goes on I continue to find it's simply too strange and oddly hummable to be filler. Seems to be a cult favorite for many actually, and I grow too tired of Teo Torriate to ever skip Drowse, so I've gotten to like it a lot as well.

The Prophet's Song is easily one of my absolute favs. Every part of it exudes power and progginess and brilliance, right till the end where it flows exquisitely into the gorgeous Love Of My Life. There's this one quiet solo rhythm guitar part towards the end that I've always thought sound exactly like something else I've heard but I've never been able to remember what.

Few songs in even Queen's catalogue are as joyously catchy as Misfire IMO. Rather excellent for being John's first attempt at songwriting, though I'd still hold some of his later beauties above it.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Now I feel like posting my painstakingly compiled top ten for the heck of it.

1. Bohemian Rhpasody

2. Killer Queen

3. My Melancholy Blues

4. You're My Best Friend

5. Nevermore

6. Somebody To Love

7. The Show Must Go On

8. Breakthru

9. Don't Stop Me Now

10. Save Me

Rather cliche, but my favs all the same.

• Like 1

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Got a moose, got a moose

Scaramouche?

Is that what he's singing?

I never was good at deciphering lyrics.

• Like 1

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Got a moose, got a moose

Scaramouche?

Is that what he's singing?

I never was good at deciphering lyrics.

Yep. Here are the full lyrics:

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

Open your eyes

Look up to the skies and see

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

Because I'm easy come, easy go

A little high, little low

Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man

Put a gun against his head

Pulled my trigger, now he's dead

Mama, life had just begun

But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mama, ooo

Didn't mean to make you cry

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow

Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come

Sends shivers down my spine

Body's aching all the time

Goodbye everybody I've got to go

Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

Mama, ooo (anyway the wind blows)

I don't want to die

I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man

Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango

Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me

Gallileo, Gallileo,

Gallileo, Gallileo,

Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me

He's just a poor boy from a poor family

Spare him his life from this monstrosity

Easy come easy go will you let me go

Bismillah! No we will not let you go - let him go

Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go

Bismillah! We will not let you go let me go

Will not let you go let me go (never)

Never let you go let me go

Never let me go ooo

No, no, no, no, no, no, no

Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me

For me

For me

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye

So you think you can love me and leave me to die

Oh baby can't do this to me baby

Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah

Nothing really matters

Anyone can see

Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me

Anyway the wind blows

The only part of the song I can remember is the one I quoted. When the song was first brought up I checked out the lyrics to see if it would spark a memory, but it didn't. The thing is, I've heard the song countless times, and it frustrates me that I can't remember all of it. The part I mentioned came to me out of the blue just the other night.

Is that Freddie singing both the low and high Gallileo?

Who does the chorus?

The only part of the song I can remember is the one I quoted. When the song was first brought up I checked out the lyrics to see if it would spark a memory, but it didn't. The thing is, I've heard the song countless times, and it frustrates me that I can't remember all of it. The part I mentioned came to me out of the blue just the other night.

Is that Freddie singing both the low and high Gallileo?

Who does the chorus?

The high Gallileo is Roger, the drummer, same as with most of the highest notes in Queen's opera backup vocals, the low is either Freddie or Brian, I don't recall. There is no chorus in Boh-Rhap, though Freddie sings all of the lead vocals for every section but the middle operatic section filed with gibberish lyrics. Did you say you didn't have access to YouTube?

• Like 1

I have access but can't watch. Youtube changed something a while back. Every time I try to load a song, it says "Error." I used to get about five or seven seconds of a song every minute. I will leave it to you to judge how long I would wait just to hear a four minute song. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Just the original vinyl. The original CD had the full album in the "correct order."

Thanks. I thought so but you seem to be more up on that than I.

• Like 1

Gosh, a top Queen 10...hmmmm....

The Prophet's Song

Drowse

Machines

All Dead, All Dead

My Melancholy Blues

Fairy Feller's Masterstroke

Action This Day

Lily Of The Valley

Dragon Attack

The Night Comes Down

Could ALL change tomorrow.

• Like 3

Just like Hatchetaxe&saw just said, this list could (would) change day by day...

Drowse

The Prophet Song

Misfire

Some Day One Day

Long Away

Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll

It's Late

Let Me Live

Coming Soon

I Go Crazy

• Like 2

But all is not lost! :)

An extraordinary TRF member :wub: is doing a Queen intervention and evangalization with me.

I'll let you know the results of it when it commences.

:)

Excellent!!! Tell me everything you listen to!

• Like 1

But all is not lost! :)

An extraordinary TRF member :wub: is doing a Queen intervention and evangalization with me.

I'll let you know the results of it when it commences.

:)

Excellent!!! Tell me everything you listen to!

Okay

Should be by the later half of next week.

• Like 1

Gosh, a top Queen 10...hmmmm....

The Prophet's Song

Drowse

Machines

All Dead, All Dead

My Melancholy Blues

Fairy Feller's Masterstroke

Action This Day

Lily Of The Valley

Dragon Attack

The Night Comes Down

Could ALL change tomorrow.

Very cool list. Love to see so many deep cuts.

Just like Hatchetaxe&saw just said, this list could (would) change day by day...

Drowse

The Prophet Song

Misfire

Some Day One Day

Long Away

Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll

It's Late

Let Me Live

Coming Soon

I Go Crazy

Sweet list as well. I love I Go Crazy. IMO should've somehow replaced Tear It Up on The Works.

• Like 1