Geddy was such a sourpuss here

OneLittleVictory

"

A somewhat common reply has been "f**k you!".[11] Other notable replies have been "Help Me" (Tom Morello), "You're nuts" (Glenn Danzig), "You're bizarre" (Jeff Hanneman of Slayer), "Radio free f***ing Europe" (Courtney Love of Hole),[12] "Thank you?" (Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth), "Ka-Boom" (Jello Biafra), "Quack-quack" (Jello Biafra with The Melvins), "Mmm-hmm" (Jack White), "Massive Death" (King Coffey of the Butthole Surfers), "Um bye" (Faris Badwan of The Horrors), "Bang-Bang" (Ice-T), "Funk You" (Afrika Bambaataa), "Will do!" (Marc Maron), "Katmandu" (Daniel Johnston), "Keep taking the pills" (Peter Murphy), "f**k the free world!" (Tyler the Creator of OFWGKTA), "Bukkake" (Hodgy Beats of OFWGKTA), "Goodbye!" (Pusha T), "Thank you, pleasure" (Dani Filth), "Thank you" (Henry Rollins), "Turn up!" (Flosstradamus) and "Lace up!" (Machine Gun Kelly).

Due to his upfront and eccentric style, he has been attacked verbally, physically threatened, and intimidated by people such as Sebastian Bach of Skid Row, (who stole Nardwuar's tam o' shanter), the band Quiet Riot, (who chased Nardwuar and crew down the street), Sonic Youth and Dave Rowntree of Blur. Alice Cooper, Henry Rollins, Travis Barker, Lydia Lunch, Harlan Ellison, Beck, Nas, and others have hung up on him or been verbally combative in interviews.[13] Chris Fehn of Slipknot and Kid Cudi have both left midway through an interview.

Dave Rowntree of Blur apologized to Nardwuar in 2011 for his behavior during a 2003 interview,[14] calling it "one of the things I'm ashamed of" and classified his actions as "bullying". Nardwuar accepted the apology via twitter"

Of all the celebrities to treat so rudely, he had to pick one of the nicest ones out there.

Geddy really should have said "Listen man, I'm sorry but I'm just not in the mood to do this, okay?" and hung up.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

Is this nardwuar for real? :o

I guess so. I thought he was just some strange guy that no one ever heard of before or since, but he has a big Wikipedia article. Apparently he's kind of a shock jock type radio guy of Canada.

I don't know how this can be construed as a "funny" interview. This guy blatantly disrespected Geddy by not even saying hello when he picks up, just saying "WHO IS THIS?!" coarsely, made fun of him, made fun of Rush, intentionally made Geddy uncomfortable, all during possibly the worst period in Rush's history.

Geddy really should have cut the guy off and said "I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood to do this."

• Like 1

I don't know how this can be construed as a "funny" interview. This guy blatantly disrespected Geddy by not even saying hello when he picks up, just saying "WHO IS THIS?!" coarsely, made fun of him, made fun of Rush, intentionally made Geddy uncomfortable, all during possibly the worst period in Rush's history.

Geddy really should have cut the guy off and said "I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood to do this."

Yeah that sums it up.

I learned something new about Geddy. I didn't know he spoke fluent Yiddish, did you?

Yes, that was interesting. I know there are a lot of yiddish words in the opening skit to the Time Machine tour! It fits in with the interviews I've read where Geddy says he considers himself, culture-wise and heritage-wise, to be Jewish, although he doesn't practice any religion.

• Like 1

I learned something new about Geddy. I didn't know he spoke fluent Yiddish, did you?

Yes, that was interesting. I know there are a lot of yiddish words in the opening skit to the Time Machine tour! It fits in with the interviews I've read where Geddy says he considers himself, culture-wise and heritage-wise, to be Jewish, although he doesn't practice any religion.

I remember him saying that, although he has respect for the rites and traditions of Judaism, he's an Atheist.

• Like 1

Egads. I hope you didn't spend time typing that out yourself.

Exactly. Way to much to read. Geez...

Not exactly what I meant. I meant it wasn't worth the time typing it out because it SUCKED. :LOL:

Not exactly what I meant. I meant it wasn't worth the time typing it out because it SUCKED. :LOL:

I read it and found it interesting how he handled the man. I just wonder why Geddy agreed to be interviewed by someone like that. He must have known what the man was like.

I read it and found it interesting how he handled the man. I just wonder why Geddy agreed to be interviewed by someone like that. He must have known what the man was like.

If I were him, I would have hung up on the jerk. But that's me. I'm not as nice as the Gedster. :)

• Like 1

If I were him, I would have hung up on the jerk. But that's me. I'm not as nice as the Gedster. :)

That makes two of us - who would have hung up on the jerk and aren't as nice as the Gedster. :)

• Like 1

This interview proves that Geddy Lee is totally incapable of being mad, the fact that he took all of that assface's snide comments about him and Rush in stride at that particular point in time must prove that Geddy probably has the strongest sense of self control of any human being.
  • Like 2

I admire his patience for this interviewer as well as many of the other clueless trolls they have to interview with. I'd lose my patience with the same questions much, much sooner that the guys have over the years.

This interview proves that Geddy Lee is totally incapable of being mad, the fact that he took all of that assface's snide comments about him and Rush in stride at that particular point in time must prove that Geddy probably has the strongest sense of self control of any human being.

He probably threw the phone against the wall after he hung up. :LOL:

• Like 3

Work in schools or mental health and you'll find some pros with inhuman amounts of self-control. That interviewer was total wank but Geddy didn't turn water to wine or part Lake Ontario. He simply showed a lot of class and didn't tell the guy off.