Album Battle: Pyromania or Signals

Lorraine

Pyromania vs. Signals  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you think is the better one?

• Signals
    • Pyromania
    • Neither one is good.
    • Can't decide since both are good.

Signals, though it would be a lot closer in my mind if it went up against High 'N Dry or even On Through the Night.

I wonder if that lead singer can pull those songs off today. He sang almost as high as Geddy in the seventies.

Def Leppard's singers name is Joe Elliott and no, he can't hit those notes anymore. The highest his voice ever went was on the chorus of Foolin' and Bringing On The Heartbreak from their previous album. He sang some stuff high but nowhere near as high as Geddy's voice used to get. Geddy's voice was just on another level in the 70s when it came to high notes. Joe is a natural mid range singer, i'm guessing he was doing things with his voice he shouldn't have been doing when he would hit the higher notes. I wouldn't be surprised if he did some permanent damage to his vocal chords by doing that.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Signals.

Pyromania was a good album, as far as '80s AOR is concerned...but I cannot place Def Leppard ahead of Rush in any case whatsoever.

• Like 1

Rush always win (unless it´s Yes, then it´s a battle)

Agreed... :cheers:

Took me a while to catch what you did there!

Maybe Zumbi won't notice... :unsure:
  • Like 1

Signals blows that sap out of the water, and i did not pour any sugar on it-------WOW, can,t believe that question was asked.

Didn't you vote for Bohemian Rhapsody? ;)

Huehuehue...!

• Like 1

In thinking back over that time period music-wise, Signals didn't fit in with the sound of that time. At least to me it didn't. But, on account of that, I think Signals sounds timeless whereas Pyromania doesn't.

It's true that Rush didn't seem to care what anyone else was doing. They just did what they wanted to do.

Again, it isn't fair to either album to put them up against each other, but I thought it would be fun. :)

Edited by Lorraine

Well Pyromania is as close to perfect as anything tangentially related to hair metal ever got... but Signals is a top 5 Rush album. Signals every day.
  • Like 1