Worst Vocal Performance?

DirkPrattLerxst

:LMAO: ... :cheers:

Free dis momah a leel bee lowna

make sure you get a nice yodel on the Freeze. or free as Ged says here, lol

Mick

I had too turn it off...ick ick ack

"Seven Cities of Gold" is a very underrated and great song.

I was so disappointed in the way it sounded live though.

Its one studio recording I prefer over the live performance.

I remember our conversation in Greenesboro, drinking some beers in the hotel lobby. You brought this up. My man. Seven Cities of Gold is one of my all time favorite Geddy performances--from a studio album. The way he belts this thing out., he rips it a new one IMO. Live leaves something to be desired, but not awful. I've heard worse and you always have to take into consideration the task of capturing a good show...it's an art, not a science.

However, per TRF poll the song is a confirmed mini-epic, by an overwhelming margin of voters

Poll: Seven Cities of Gold (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this song just filler, or a grand mini-epic?

• Filler. The song is ill conceived (16 votes [21.33%])

• Mini Epic all the way (59 votes [78.67%])

Geddy's Voice on Seven Cities of Gold

• I love it (38 votes [50.67%])

• I hate it (10 votes [13.33%])

• It's ok (27 votes [36.00%])

Does SCOG remind you of any other Rush song?

• No (45 votes [60.00%])

• Yes (7 votes [9.33%])

• Kinda(23 votes [30.67%])

http://www.therushfo...r-or-fantastic/

Worst vocal performance ever? "Tears are not Enough" or "Take Off"

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I remember our conversation in Greenesboro, drinking some beers in the hotel lobby. You brought this up. My man. Seven Cities of Gold is one of my all time favorite Geddy performances--from a studio album. The way he belts this thing out., he rips it a new one IMO. Live leaves something to be desired, but not awful. I've heard worse and you always have to take into consideration the task of capturing a good show...it's an art, not a science.

However, per TRF poll the song is a confirmed mini-epic, by an overwhelming margin of voters

• No (45 votes [60.00%])

• Yes (7 votes [9.33%])

Worst vocal performance ever? "Tears are not Enough" or "Take Off"

Woah, "Tears Are Not Enough"?????? Geddy freaking krills it on that!

• No (45 votes [60.00%])
  • Yes (7 votes [9.33%])

Worst vocal performance ever? "Take Off"

Woah, "Tears Are Not Enough"?????? Geddy freaking krills it on that!

Fixed
  • Like 1

I honestly love Seven Cities, and like Headlong Flight and The Wreckers, I doubt this will ever change!
  • Like 1

I have never heard Geddy sing bad. His voice is ALWAYS great!

... or I take that back. Those of you that complain on the Time Machine official album. Listen to the bootleg from Counterparts Tour that is called A Darker Light.

There he sounds really awful! I have never heard him that sick before. I am surprised they did not cancel that show...

Zumbi, i don't have that A Darker Light. Could you give me the names of some boots either right before or after that one? If I have one of them, I can listen.

There is six difference bootlegs from same date, look if you have any of these:

A Darker Light

Lock, Stock And Barreled

Anywhere But Here

Darkness And Light

Winken, Blinken, Nod

Different Shows Live

• Like 1

... or I take that back. Those of you that complain on the Time Machine official album. Listen to the bootleg from Counterparts Tour that is called A Darker Light.

There he sounds really awful! I have never heard him that sick before. I am surprised they did not cancel that show...

Zumbi, i don't have that A Darker Light. Could you give me the names of some boots either right before or after that one? If I have one of them, I can listen.

A Darker Light

Lock, Stock And Barreled

Anywhere But Here

Darkness And Light

Winken, Blinken, Nod

Different Shows Live

Yeah thats a soundboard. He may have been sick but his enunciation is clear. Unlike the Time Machine show

Let's do yodeling parodies of lyrics lol

"YIn diferent circles we keep hYolding our ground, Yin different circles wYe spinning rYound and round and round"

• Like 1

A Darker Light

Lock, Stock And Barreled

Anywhere But Here

Darkness And Light

Winken, Blinken, Nod

Different Shows Live

Thanks. I don't have any from that date though.

A Darker Light

Lock, Stock And Barreled

Anywhere But Here

Darkness And Light

Winken, Blinken, Nod

Different Shows Live

Thanks. I don't have any from that date though.

Well don't worry. Soon you will have it. When you get the bootleg hard drive.

On the Time Machine dvd, - - - its pretty bad when random bootlegs geddy sounds awesome, and they actually release this mess. There were so many shows they could have recorded from this tour. They should have filmed from 2010, and the dvd would be awesome. plus most of the time the dvd was out of focus as well..

Seven Cities of Gold, Studio or Live. I just... I honestly have no idea what he's saying there. And when I sing along with it in the car (oh yes) I just sort of indiscriminately throw syllables around with him, and you know what, it syncs perfectly. It's like he can't move his tongue when he sings that song.
  • Like 1

Seven Cities of Gold, Studio or Live. I just... I honestly have no idea what he's saying there. And when I sing along with it in the car (oh yes) I just sort of indiscriminately throw syllables around with him, and you know what, it syncs perfectly. It's like he can't move his tongue when he sings that song.

let me help you because I know what he's saying:

I'm still a badass rock god, and I'm still kicking major ass.

• Like 3

let me help you because I know what he's saying:

I'm still a badass rock god, and I'm still kicking major ass.

Could be!

• Like 1

What's the worst vocal performance of a song Geddy has ever done? Can be commercial release or a boot. My vote goes to Seven Cities of Gold from CA Live. I already know Mick's choice is Time Stand Still from Time Machine :D

Disc 3 of Different Stages.

Personally I think the worst vocal performances Geddy ever did was Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. He just sounded way off and more like he was forcing the song rather than singing. However ole Ged made a triumphant return and redeemed himself during Crossroads. :finbar: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Personally I think the worst vocal performances Geddy ever did was Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. He just sounded way off and more like he was forcing the song rather than singing. However ole Ged made a triumphant return and redeemed himself during Crossroads. :finbar:

His performance on Tom Sawyer on The Colbert Report years back was pretty bad too. Maybe he wasn't warmed up that night.

Edited by jnoble

I will never comment on Geddy's vocal performances as I love his voice regardless

What I will bring up is some of the crap Neil had him sing later on in their career

And some how Ged gives them emotional life. Now that's vocal magic!
  • Like 1

IMO My Favourite Headache album is perhaps Geddy's best 'recent' whole album vocal performace.

Maybe it's because he wrote the lyrics (I think?) and didn't have to shoe-horn Neil's words in the music.

Worst = CA Live DVD.