Worst Vocal Performance?

DirkPrattLerxst

I don't feel comfortable weighing in here, as I have not seen them in years and think the adequate judgement can come from having witnessed it personally. So why am I commenting? It's the Internets!!!11

Red Barchetta live from the Time Machine DVD is particularly cringe-worthy.

Every performance of Red Barchetta over the last how many years now? :beathorse:

Personally I think the worst vocal performances Geddy ever did was Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. He just sounded way off and more like he was forcing the song rather than singing. However ole Ged made a triumphant return and redeemed himself during Crossroads. :finbar:

I wouldn't go so far as to say the worst here ^^, but I do think it's a shame that the audience there not intimately familiar with the music did not get to witness the power of his voice from back in the day. I'd like to think that the performance in the aggregate impressed at least a few newbies in the building anyway, but if they'd heard an 80's rendition, no doubt there'd have been converts.

:clap: :clap: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let's just say Geddys worse is still way better than my best

Aww that's terrible...poor thing...

Have a cupcake and a tale of Mick's teenage love shenanigans.

Come on Mick! Roll on the tales!

Maybe we can hire Mick out for campfire gatherings. Send him to camp with a bag of marshmallows and a stick.

Make it a bag of chips and let me stay home cramming my face full whilst watching an upload of shaky, nausea-inducing video w/ head-scratchingly poor sound quality of said tale rolling and I'll tell you which one was the worst? :outtahere:

Edited by Ged Lent's sis

IMO My Favourite Headache album is perhaps Geddy's best 'recent' whole album vocal performace.

Maybe it's because he wrote the lyrics (I think?) and didn't have to shoe-horn Neil's words in the music.

Worst = CA Live DVD.

Everything about that is the worst. Deserved a better representation.

IMO My Favourite Headache album is perhaps Geddy's best 'recent' whole album vocal performace.

Maybe it's because he wrote the lyrics (I think?) and didn't have to shoe-horn Neil's words in the music.

Worst = CA Live DVD.

Everything about that is the worst. Deserved a better representation.

They took one of their best tours ever and turned it into a turd.

Just heard 2112 on Show Of Hands.

God! I've never heard Geddy sing so bad. His voice sounds so unnatural. I heard he was sick most of the HYF tour.

http://www.vevo.com/watch/rush/2112-the-temples-of-syrinx-la-villa-strangiato-in-the-mood-(live-from-show-of-hands)/USUV71201981

4/26/1994 is also really bad.

Other than that, he mostly sounds fine. I still like his voice on this tour.

Worst = CA Live DVD.

Agree with all of that.

That live DVD I've only watched once all the way through.

Let's just say Geddys worse is still way better than my best

Aww that's terrible...poor thing...

Have a cupcake and a tale of Mick's teenage love shenanigans.

Come on Mick! Roll on the tales!

Maybe we can hire Mick out for campfire gatherings. Send him to camp with a bag of marshmallows and a stick.

OK...but I want to be scared at campfires by horrifying stories...

Unlessssss....

Here's a scary one.....i once had an 80 year old sub teacher in my lap.

Don't ask.

Mick

Erm...like... Months later I haven't slept pondering how this came to be...

The Spirit of Radio from CA Tour is pretty bad. :scared:

I remember being at a loss for words because of how bad he sounded when CA Tour first came out. I can bear it more now than I could then though.

Well, the live album as a whole was okay, but TSoR, Tom Sawyer, and 2112 were just terrible.

Ceiling Unlimited live is one of the worst sounding vocal performances ever.

I posted that like six years ago and got blasted. But it is so true.

Live at the Gorge was horrendous.

During Ceiling he sounds fine through the verses, but the chorus is just horrendous. I seem to remember an isolated vocal track going around, and it was just cringe worthy.

He should have gone with the lower register vocals from the chrous.