The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

I've been going on a diet......which is why i've been scarce. going through "De-tox" and have been grumpy :LOL: but i'm alive.

Mick

That you are alive is a good sign. :)

lol. yup. i've been needing to drop a few pounds. no more NY pizza.....for a while anyway, lol

Mick

I've stopped drinking Coke, and it's saving me about 300 calories a day. Not to mention lots of sugar, too.

I don't know if I could ever give up New York pizza, if I were in New York. Likewise Chicago...

:drool:

Ever since I stopped drinking, I have thought that calories contained in anything you drink is a waste of good calories. For 300 calories, you could have a good snack. Why drink it?

Yes, I pretty much agree. When I was in my 20s and all the way through my 30s, I ate and drank whatever I wanted (excepting alcohol, of course, after I got sober at 24)...but now that I am firmly entrenched in my 40s, things are different. I'm being a lot more mindful and cautious about what I'm putting in my body.

Me too. It seems to matter alot more as you age...
  • Like 2

I'm thinking now that age has nothing to do with preferring one album over the other. Not sure what it is. I have a theory, but I don't know enough modern day music to be sure I'm right.

Age plays a part. If you were around when something was released you can have some very fond, longtime memories of it. But overall, what albums you like better than others all depends on what sounds best to your ears.

I'm thinking now that age has nothing to do with preferring one album over the other. Not sure what it is. I have a theory, but I don't know enough modern day music to be sure I'm right.

Age plays a part. If you were around when something was released you can have some very fond, longtime memories of it. But overall, what albums you like better than others all depends on what sounds best to your ears.

It's not that. I never heard any of Rush's seventies albums until a few years ago. The only songs I was aware of were the singles released (FBN, CTTH). I have no memories to associate with any of them, but I do have ears that know good music. ;) ;)

• Like 1

I've been going on a diet......which is why i've been scarce. going through "De-tox" and have been grumpy :LOL: but i'm alive.

Mick

lol. yup. i've been needing to drop a few pounds. no more NY pizza.....for a while anyway, lol

Mick

I've stopped drinking Coke, and it's saving me about 300 calories a day. Not to mention lots of sugar, too.

I don't know if I could ever give up New York pizza, if I were in New York. Likewise Chicago...

Ever since I stopped drinking, I have thought that calories contained in anything you drink is a waste of good calories. For 300 calories, you could have a good snack. Why drink it?

Because a beer is a good snack. Because a glass of wine is a good snack. Because a cocktail is a good snack. Why have a bag of chips as a snack when drinks exist?

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

Because a beer is a good snack. Because a glass of wine is a good snack. Because a cocktail is a good snack. Why have a bag of chips as a snack when drinks exist?

I'd love to join you, but I can't. And the fact that I'd still, after 28 years of sobriety, love to join in just proves all the more what I problem I have with alcohol.

Most drinkers don't eat that much. When I drank, I ate. The results were ghastly. Maybe the extra calories do not affect men the way they do women?

Mick

Mick

I'd love to join you, but I can't. And the fact that I'd still, after 28 years of sobriety, love to join in just proves all the more what I problem I have with alcohol.

Most drinkers don't eat that much. When I drank, I ate. The results were ghastly. Maybe the extra calories do not affect men the way they do women?

Annnnnnd what goes well with a snack? ANOTHER SNACK!

Beer n chocolate? Yes!

Yes to beer with everything tbh.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

To each his or her own.

I've had enough alcohol to last me ten lifetimes. That's how I choose to think of it, anyway.

Chips, on the other hand, I've not had nearly enough of those. (Even my consumption in the past ten minutes is an attempt to atone for that. I'll keep trying. Mea culpa).

• Like 2

Welcome Back, Segue! I missed you! Have a cupcake-

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/images-1_2.jpeg

Thanks!

I was on the verge of getting ill again (depression) so I took time out and just weathered the storm.

Probably showed, I was getting very sensitive on here so decided, as it was no ones fault at TRF, I should take an extended break. I needed to just chill and work out my issues.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Thanks!

I was on the verge of getting ill again (depression) so I took time out and just weathered the storm.

Probably showed, I was getting very sensitive on here so decided, as it was no ones fault at TRF. Needed to just chill and work out my issues.

Very wise you are young Jedi. I have so many situations where that would help and yet it is difficult to do for oneself. Glad you are feeling better :)

• Like 1

Thanks!

Probably showed, I was getting very sensitive on here so decided, as it was no ones fault at TRF. Needed to just chill and work out my issues.

Very wise you are young Jedi. I have so many situations where that would help and yet it is difficult to do for oneself. Glad you are feeling better :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Harro

Welcome back brother. I heard Rosanna this morning in the car on my way down to the corner. It just happened to be on as soon as I jumped in and turned the key. I thought of you of course and here you are. Maybe it was just meant to be... :cheers:

It's not that. I never heard any of Rush's seventies albums until a few years ago. The only songs I was aware of were the singles released (FBN, CTTH). I have no memories to associate with any of them, but I do have ears that know good music. ;) ;)

What? :o

I thought you were a fan from way back like Narps.

I became a fan of Rush with Moving Pictures.

Prior to that, the only songs from the seventies I ever heard were FBN and CTTH. Neither one interested me enough at that time to look more into them or their albums. I do vaguely remember hearing Xanadu (now, I ask you, would you have chosen CTTH to represent AFTK and play that on the radio instead of Xanadu?) in a record store in the seventies, asking the guy who worked there who and what the song was, then never hearing it again. There was a lot going on back then musically. I didn't have a lot of time to keep focused on Rush before my attention was moved to another band.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

No but we have other things in common. I happened to be a teenage nerd who liked to hide in my room in the mid to late 70's and found lot's of great bands and music that way... :)

Prior to that, the only songs from the seventies I ever heard were FBN and CTTH. Neither one interested me enough at that time to look more into them or their albums. I do vaguely remember hearing Xanadu (now, I ask you, would you have chosen CTTH to represent AFTK and play that on the radio instead of Xanadu?) in a record store in the seventies, asking the guy who worked there who and what the song was, then never hearing it again. There was a lot going on back then musically. I didn't have a lot of time to keep focused on Rush before my attention was moved to another band.

Oh ok. I was always under the impression you had been a fan since the beginning or close to it.

I know radio stations played longer songs back then but Xanadu is not really a song you release as a single. CTTH on the other hand is a perfect radio single. Cinderella Man would have been another good choice for a single as well. But if they were looking for a short song that the radio could play easily, then CTTH was the right pick to be the single.

Oh ok. I was always under the impression you had been a fan since the beginning or close to it.

I know radio stations played longer songs back then but Xanadu is not really a song you release as a single. CTTH on the other hand is a perfect radio single. Cinderella Man would have been another good choice for a single as well. But if they were looking for a short song that the radio could play easily, then CTTH was the right pick to be the single.

I guess history has proven that to be true. I prefer everything else on the album before that one however. Typical I guess...