Ghost - Meliora

adace1

Great, melodic tune that they won for. Really twisted if some of the folks in the audience couldn't get past their being spooked by a few hallowe'en costumes and realize that the music being piped through the hall was pretty damned good (no pun intended). People haven't figured out yet that rock musicians are entertainers?

I'm one of those people who judge bands based on how they look.

I think they pull off the costumes really well and adds to the image of the band. It adds interest. To me it looks like they care for their appearance (regardless of what that appearance is). In general I'm really impressed and I'm going to try getting my hands on some of their albums as well.

I'm excited for Ghost. It seems like a lot of people like them.

The only thing I have against Ghost's costumes is that prior to this thread I had heard of Ghost but didn't listen to them based on their looks--I just assumed they were another Swedish cookie monster band. Now I see that's all part of their image, the look and lyrics of ARRGH EVIL METAL DUDES, but the music and vocals that are melodic and musical.

Yay, Ghost!

"Swedish Cookie Monster Band" - I like that! Can I be the bassist?

I think Bathory needs a new bassist!

One of the things I most appreciate in this thread is how writings in this thread complement each other for Ghost's appreciation. Each person say ideas that another person didn't say and they're all interesting.

It puts a smile on my face as I read here. :)

I am a Nameless Fool.

:LOL:

Ghost is what RUSH was all about.......

:fistbump:

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2

One of the things I most appreciate in this thread is how writings in this thread complement each other for Ghost's appreciation. Each person say ideas that another person didn't say and they're all interesting.

It puts a smile on my face as I read here. :)

I am a Nameless Fool.

:LOL:

Ghost is what RUSH was all about.......

:fistbump:

Well stated RH!!!! RUSHHEAD? LOL!

CHEERS! It's true!!!

I know that most brainwashed Rush fans in the world on here can relate to the true progression of music. Many believe that GHOST is gimmick KISS SATANIC FAKE CRAP.

But is you read "Between The Wheels" I mean listen between the notes you will know that they are melodic, dark, synth, prog.

GHOST = RUSH, ABBA, GOBLIN, ZOMBI, BLACK SABBATH, KING DIAMOND, BLUE OYSTER CULT, OPETH.

The recipe for sonic success is obviously as clear as crystal. Some rip the Grammys as do I, but this band won one. How many Grammys did RUSH WIN?

People who love RUSH these days would rather be hanging out with their GRANNIES. OLD TIRED USED RETIRED!!!

"We are only mortal for forever." SUCK MY BANANA "CREAMPIELINE!"

"MUMMY DUST" BITCHES! LOL

Taylor Swift won the better award for a great album.

Troll-olololololololol

Myles!!!

Why did u edit yourself???

You "Nasry Boy!"

Signed

Janet Jackson

Coz I thought you said you loved the Taylor Swift album and got all gushy hahahahaha

Myles!!!

Why did u edit yourself???

You "Nasry Boy!"

Signed

Janet Jackson

Coz I thought you said you loved the Taylor Swift album and got all gushy hahahahaha

Hahaha!! I tricked you with my HAIR METAL MANIA! LOL!

My 15 year old daughter likes that album. Not me!

Looks like I'm headed for some "Trouble... Trouble."

I prefere Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble.

Perhaps some "Bridge Over Troubled Water" instead.

It's the story of my fuckking fun fantastic life!

I love being alone.

I am watching Wes Craven's "Serpent And The Rainbow" on bluray! A MASTERPIECE!!!

Signed,

Freddie Kruger

I feel like Majesty will eventually become Ghost's Tom Sawyer.

Also, am I the only one who's happy to see more heavy metal bands coming out with shorter (45 minutes or less) albums? The less fluff, the better. I feel like a lot of bands have this preconception that if it's been a few years since their last record, they have to make a really huge album just to please the fans when it just makes it harder to sit through the album in those crucial first few listens.

• Like 2

I feel like Majesty will eventually become Ghost's Tom Sawyer.

Also, am I the only one who's happy to see more heavy metal bands coming out with shorter (45 minutes or less) albums? The less fluff, the better. I feel like a lot of bands have this preconception that if it's been a few years since their last record, they have to make a really huge album just to please the fans when it just makes it harder to sit through the album in those crucial first few listens.

I am often of the mindset that more is better. And I suppose it can be (assuming the songs are good), but only up to a point. At some point you are just ready for the album to be over, even if you like all the songs. This thought hit home when I started listening to Ghost and realized that their albums were not too short. And if I want more, I either listen to the album again, or listen to their other albums.

• Like 3

Thread bump because second leg of US tour begins this week.

Bah, there are no dates in the western half of the states :( :( :(

But there's a date in my area and I will be seeing them for the first time on the 17th.

• Like 2

Thread bump because second leg of US tour begins this week.

Bah, there are no dates in the western half of the states :( :( :(

But there's a date in my area and I will be seeing them for the first time on the 17th.

Maybe I'll finally run into you at one of these shows

Saw them tonight for the first time. Excellent show!!

Really good crowd who were into everything, especially the new songs. We drowned Papa out singing along with the stuff from Meliora. Great stage show and set up as well. I know the whole gimmick helps add to his stage presence but Papa is a very good frontman. If they come out with another album the same caliber as Meliora for their next one, their popularity can get even stronger. I truly believe that after this show.

Here's the setlist:

Spirit

From The Pinnacle To The Pit

Stand By Him

Con Clavi Con Dio

Per Aspera Ad Inferi

Body And Blood

Devil Church

Cirice

Year Zero

Spoksonat

He Is

Absolution

Mummy Dust

If You Have Ghosts

Ghuleh/Zombie Queen

Ritual

encore:

Monstrance Clock

• Like 3

Lucky bastard! They aren't cumming back to Californication! Sexy.

NOT

Did you wait by their tour bus to meet them????

It was worth the wait when I did it in RENO.

"While the servant waits the masturbates"

Signed,

HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I

Edited by RUSHHEAD666