Ghost - Meliora

adace1

Yeah I am more interested in he unmasking than I am he music. Who do they think the singer is?

Tobias Forge.

Never heard the mafuck.

Thus the brilliant re-branding with the whole GHOST schtick. Dave Grohl approves. :D

Which goes to show that if you have limited musical talent put on makeup. Or be Dave Grohl.

Heh

Nothing limited about the songwriting from these guys. Really well-constructed. Just now it occurred to me that they're like a satanic metal version of Toto. Just top notch musicianship.

It is funny I agree about the Toto part.

But I don't need the Satanism part. I don't care if it is tongue in cheek, some things I find just too much, and this is deeply root in my lifestyle so when I say I don't like this band, no matter how great they are, I am ignoring them. Same as I chose to do many bands I liked in my teens before a change in lifestyle.

Sabbath, Maiden and Blue Oyster Cult are three of my favorite bands and all of them have occult or majick(al) oriented lyrics and all of them write intelligent heavy rock music. They don't need to wear masks and/or silly makeup to be convincing.

I hope you're joking? All three of those bands had "masks".

Waaaaaaaaa????

They had cultish cartoon schtick, which is a mask, of sorts. They're entertainers...nothing wrong with it.

Yeah I am more interested in he unmasking than I am he music. Who do they think the singer is?

Tobias Forge.

Never heard the mafuck.

Thus the brilliant re-branding with the whole GHOST schtick. Dave Grohl approves. :D

Which goes to show that if you have limited musical talent put on makeup. Or be Dave Grohl.

Heh

Nothing limited about the songwriting from these guys. Really well-constructed. Just now it occurred to me that they're like a satanic metal version of Toto. Just top notch musicianship.

But I don't need the Satanism part. I don't care if it is tongue in cheek, some things I find just too much, and this is deeply root in my lifestyle so when I say I don't like this band, no matter how great they are, I am ignoring them. Same as I chose to do many bands I liked in my teens before a change in lifestyle.

Sabbath, Maiden and Blue Oyster Cult are three of my favorite bands and all of them have occult or majick(al) oriented lyrics and all of them write intelligent heavy rock music. They don't need to wear masks and/or silly makeup to be convincing.

Waaaaaaaaa????

They had cultish cartoon schtick, which is a mask, of sorts. They're entertainers...nothing wrong with it.

Comparisons with kiss, King diamond, Alice cooper, early Crüe, slipknot, black veil brides make sense. Sabbath, böc, maiden...not so much.

Tobias Forge.

Never heard the mafuck.

Heh

Waaaaaaaaa????

Comparisons with kiss, King diamond, Alice cooper, early Crüe, slipknot, black veil brides make sense. Sabbath, böc, maiden...not so much.

You think Maiden would be what they are without Eddie? I don't. Packaging is packaging. And in the end that only takes you so far. The product has to deliver.
  • Like 1

1891034_1065296610155801_7956562439540700844_n.png?oh=f73413efd23d8040dc260179767ed464&oe=56D0E3D0

In the same theater the Beatles played for the Ed Sullivan Show. Maybe they will take over the country in the same way.

Is this for real? Cause that's amazing if this ended up happening!

The underlying humor of it all is brilliant.
  • Like 1

1891034_1065296610155801_7956562439540700844_n.png?oh=f73413efd23d8040dc260179767ed464&oe=56D0E3D0

In the same theater the Beatles played for the Ed Sullivan Show. Maybe they will take over the country in the same way.

Is this for real? Cause that's amazing if this ended up happening!

The underlying humor of it all is brilliant.

I will be home that night. Waiting.

I knew this band was going to be HUGE.

I know it's sad because it's almost like the band has sold out like the new Star Wars film but man I love the music. Glad they get to taste some fame.

I remember trying to see them in SF on their first tour. They played in front of 100 people.

I tried to get in and was denied.

Sucks.

Oh well

I knew this band was going to be HUGE.

I know it's sad because it's almost like the band has sold out like the new Star Wars film but man I love the music. Glad they get to taste some fame.

I remember trying to see them in SF on their first tour. They played in front of 100 people.

I tried to get in and was denied.

Sucks.

Oh well

But now you get a double dose!

Ok it's finally happened I have the album alleluia alleluia whoo hooo! :yay: :banana: :guitar:

I've got it here sealed up alongside the new Stryper, Joel Hoekstra, Metal Allegiance and Megadeth's Endgame... :blaze: :haz:

Now when am I going to open up the cellophane wrapper?? :16ton: :hi:

I was right.

Ghost is the new greatest band in the world now that Rush is done.

I only travel for Rush.

Well I am traveling to see Ghost in Reno to meet some killer Rush fans.

Can't wait.

I love being single but I wish I was still married.

Yeah I'm fukked up.

But at least I am clean.

• Like 1

Tobias Forge.

Never heard the mafuck.

Heh

Waaaaaaaaa????

You think Maiden would be what they are without Eddie? I don't. Packaging is packaging. And in the end that only takes you so far. The product has to deliver.

The difference is the band is not dressed up as Eddie.

Ghost was frickin' great live! Their whole image thing works so well on stage. THANK YOU, Goose for instigating this whole Reno outing.

Come on Gina, you can do better. Let's hear the whole story. :LOL:

• Like 1

Oh man, I'm no good at reviews! Ghost were really tight live and the show was a lot of fun to watch. Their costumes & masks look good under the stage lights as they appear different colors under the lights. I think the Nameless Ghouls are good musicians that had quite a bit of stage presence, but Papa made the show. There is a theatrical quality to how he acts onstage. His movements are slow and deliberate and because of that they seem more ominous. They are definitely worth seeing (and I understand that they're heading to Europe for the next leg so hopefully you can see them!).
  • Like 3

Well said, Gina! And I can't tell you how much I appreciate you making the long trek to Reno for the show. The band was amazing, and I was blow away that they were playing such a tiny venue. It was like seeing GHOST at a private show in my basement! I should have know that it was going to be a great night when, driving into Reno - about a mile from the venue - my odometer rolled to this:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20151027_134754_zpsufpnx6m7.jpg

:fury:

• Like 2

(cont.)

It was great to finally meet Earl and Robert, two RUSH fanatics. I was amazed at the stories of their memorabilia collections and their passion for all things RUSH. Yet somehow they had the social skills to be great guys to hang out with! :D We had about four hours before the show, so we walked around Reno, looking for a good place to have a beer...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20151027_162533_zpskfquuv9h.jpg

RobertRobyn - Goose - RUSHHEAD666

• Like 7

GHOST has a thing where they encourage women to dress as nuns to get into the after party. We run into a few just down the street from the venue...pretty hilarious stuff!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20151027_163710_zpsd7fcuyon.jpg

I tried to talk Gina into putting on the habit, but she wouldn't go for it! No interest in an after party with Papa Emeritus and the Ghouls, she had other plans...

Edited by goose
  • Like 6

The show was awesome. As Gina mentioned, the band had great sound and the theatrics were top notch. They used a lot of back lighting, which was cool. Papa Emeritus opens the show with the original papal outfit, but then changes into his new tuxedo-inspired get-up. I like the second look a lot,as it conveys the humor these guys bring to the whole act.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20151027_220447_zps2jxktxzv.jpg

• Like 4