Ghost - Meliora

adace1

So I'm pretty much addicted to this album. Definitely my favorite of theirs and one of the best of the year so far.

Streaming here for those who haven't heard it yet:

Edited by adace1
  • Like 4

Whoa. This is fantastic. I know what I'll be purchasing in a few days. (And who I'm seeing live in Detroit in October!)

Edit to include tour dates as of today:

09/22 Washington, DC – The Fillmore

09/23 Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall

09/25 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE

09/26 Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer

09/27 New York, NY – Terminal 5

09/28 Boston, MA – House of Blues

09/30 Montreal, QC – Metropolis

10/01 Toronto, ON – Sound Academy

10/02 Detroit, MI – The Majestic Theater

10/03 Chicago, IL – The Riviera

10/05 Lawrence, KS – Liberty Hall

10/06 St. Louis, MO – The Pageant

10/08 New Orleans, LA – The Civic Auditorium

10/09 Atlanta, GA – The Tabernacle

10/10 Orlando, FL – Beacham Theatre

10/11 Tampa, FL – The Ritz

10/13 Dallas, TX – House of Blues

10/14 San Antonio, TX – Aztec Theater

10/16 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater

10/17 Denver, CO – Summit Music Hall

10/19 Boise, ID – Knitting Factory

10/20 Seattle, WA – El Corazon

10/21 Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre

10/23 San Francisco, CA – Warfield

10/26 Los Angeles, CA – The Mayan Theater

10/27 Reno, NV – Knitting Factory

10/28 Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot

10/30 San Diego, CA – Northside Park Theater

10/31 Las Vegas, NV – House of Blues

11/01 Phoenix, AZ – Monster Mash Festival

Edited by Chronos

So I'm pretty much addicted to this album. Definitely my favorite of theirs and one of the best of the year so far.

Streaming here for those who haven't heard it yet:

OMG I mean OMD!!! (Oh My Devil!) I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE! I will be seeing them in SF in October!!!!

Another band that will replace RUSH for me.

I'm going to get this album but I'm not in a big hurry, I'll pick it up before the end of the year though.

Wow Duck! You were the one who originally broke this band out on TRF!!! Third album ain't a charm buddy?

Nothing will touch the debut release.

However GHOST FUKKING RULES!

• Like 1

I'm going to get this album but I'm not in a big hurry, I'll pick it up before the end of the year though.

Wow Duck! You were the one who originally broke this band out on TRF!!! Third album ain't a charm buddy?

Don't worry Earl it's on my list, I'll reel it in when I go on an album spree in early December, an early Crimbo CD fest!

• Like 1

Hey, Earl. Come over to Reno in October for the show!

No hater and not trying to piss on the thread, but just cant seem to get into these guys.

Maybe i will give the new one a listen and try again.

The odd thing its a style i should like..

• Like 2

No hater and not trying to piss on the thread, but just cant seem to get into these guys.

They are an acquired taste, for sure. Funny enough, they played Rock in Rio in 2013 and it was an awful show...somehow the crowd didn't buy it, and they seemed lost and upset by the reaction. But a few days later I saw them in Curitiba, opening for Slayer and Maiden, and they nailed it!!!!

Edited by Rod in Rio
  • Like 3

They are an acquired taste, for sure. Funny enough, they played Rock in Rio in 2013 and it was an awful show...somehow the crowd didn't buy it, and they seemed lost and upset by the reaction. But a few days later I saw them in Curitiba, opening for Slayer and Maiden, and they nailed it!!!!

Yeah it's funny how some bands just don't do well at festivals. I know what you mean.

The only thing about Ghost I don't get is how people compare them to BOC. I just don't see it.

Yeah it's funny how some bands just don't do well at festivals. I know what you mean.

The only thing about Ghost I don't get is how people compare them to BOC. I just don't see it.

It because one of them looks like Bert from Sesame Street in each band.

• Like 1

I really liked the first album but the second one was a bit hit and miss with me. Meliora is very good and probably their best. From The Pinnacle To The Pit, Cirice, He Is and Mummy Dust are my favorites so far but it's all really good.
  • Like 1

Ghost is doing an acoustic tour promoting the album at records stores...

http://loudwire.com/...c-tour-seattle/ (Video here)

Here are the rest of Ghost’s “Unholy/Unplugged” 2015 tour dates:

8/20 — Los Angeles, Calif. — Amoeba Records (6PM)

8/21 — Phoenix, Ariz. — ZIA Camelback (7PM)

8/22 — Baltimore, Md. — Sound Garden (2PM)

8/23 — Brooklyn, N.Y. — Rough Trade (2PM)

Read More: Ghost Kick Off 'Unholy/Unplugged' Acoustic Tour in Seattle | http://loudwire.com/...ackback=tsmclip

Edited by goose

Hey, Earl. Come over to Reno in October for the show!

Hey buddy! I might take you up on that! I will see the SF show but I would travel to see them again. I love being single! I can just jump in my car and drive!

The second album took me a long time to love but the first album is EPIC!

As a diehard DOKKEN fan I must say that they always SUCKED ASS whenever I saw them live!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I really liked the first album but the second one was a bit hit and miss with me. Meliora is very good and probably their best. From The Pinnacle To The Pit, Cirice, He Is and Mummy Dust are my favorites so far but it's all really good.

Exactly