A very difficult forum post I have to make.

JohnRogers

I have something serious to admit to the entire forum.

I have no freaking clue what Clockwork Angels is aboot. I listened to the entire album, songs in order maybe twice back when the album was released. Now I skipp a few songs. So I never figured out the story. Is Tom Sawyer the main character or the naked dude from 2112??? Is the album a sequel?

• Like 4

I have no freaking clue what Clockwork Angels is aboot. I listened to the entire album, songs in order maybe twice back when the album was released. Now I skipp a few songs. So I never figured out the story. Is Tom Sawyer the main character or the naked dude from 2112??? Is the album a sequel?

It's about the rebirth of a great band after 27 years in the wilderness.

• Like 4

New spam thread?

Thanks pal. I think it's pretty brave of me to admit I don't understand Clockwork Angels on a forum of RUSH snobs.

• Like 2

New spam thread?

Thanks pal. I think it's pretty brave of me to admit I don't understand Clockwork Angels on a forum of RUSH snobs.

If y

New spam thread?

If you really don't know, take 20 minutes and read the book.

Really only twenty minutes??? I can do that.

If you loved Goodnight Moon and If You Give A Mouse a Cookie, this book is for you (though there are a few more Rush references awkwardly thrown in.)

• Like 7

It doesn't make sense. It's like if you took the Lord of the Rings and made a song about The Shire, a song about Boromir, and a song about the journey to Mordor to destroy the ring yet they never tell us why. And then you take those songs and try to piece together a story. You'd only get them if you read the books. But instead of Lord of the Rings, it's a big steaming pile of crap that I highly recommend you don't read

• Like 3

I don't know what it's about and I don't care. Doesn't stop me from liking the album though.

• Like 1

The songs on the album are not meant to be a linear story. Thats what the book is for. Its basically about a guy who runs away from home to the big city. Along the way he run into some situations that shake what he has been brought up to believe. But by the end, he would live it all again.
  • Like 3

if you think p/g through S&A is 'the wilderness' then welcome home, mountains bears and trees!

CA is always tied with 2112 for me as the worst album the band ever made - CA might actually be #1

go ahead, listen to it again... see if you can stand more than 10 minutes of it

good lord, man

if you think p/g through S&A is 'the wilderness' then welcome home, mountains bears and trees!

CA is always tied with 2112 for me as the worst album the band ever made - CA might actually be #1

good lord, man

Agreed on how difficult CA is to listen to but 2112 absolutely not. It's glorious. Just my opinion of course...

good lord, man

You make CA sound like its a lil wayne album or something. CA is one of my faves and i like every song on the album. But i also love every song they've ever recorded. yes im one of the rare ones!

good lord, man

PoW through S&A (the wrong turn they took after a solid effort in VT that got them within shouting distance).

CA was a return to greatness. I've got it in my car's CD player right now.

• Like 2

Clockwork Angels.I had a vague idea when i read the lyrics and listened to the album.However i only read a few pages of the book and put it down.I just don't like fiction.Probably why i am not much into Sci Fi movies.Give me a book on stamp collecting and i would be more interested.I must sound like a complete bore. Edited by grasbo

I still have'nt figured out entirely what Fountain or 2112 are all about because somebody gave me a heap of Model Railroad magazines to read but they make nice background music while i am reading.

It's aboot kickin' ass my friend...and lots of it!

Ooh, I have to tell you, after the R40 tour, I'm all about The Anarchist! :haz:

Yeah, it's a major entry into the canon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3lLcAz4YU

• Like 3