Kraftwerk - Minimum Maximum

goose

A colleague of mine was telling me of his planned September trip to Portland to see Kraftwerk, and it inspired me to watch this live compilation from 2004. Bloody brilliant!

• Like 2

I should shoot for the nashville gig

The show is a 3d production and sound like a killer. I'm tempted to tag along to Portland with my buddy.
  • Like 1

Thank you for posting, Goose! Kraftwerk is my son's favorite band and when I just listen to them I don't always get it; seeing them visually like this was amazing. I know they have been around forever and were a great influence on some new wave and techno artists.
  • Like 1

That is a brilliant album ( for I have it )

Love Kraftwork

Never seen them though . :(

This upcoming show sounds incredible. And tix are pretty cheap, considering the limited engagements.

Thank you for posting, Goose! Kraftwerk is my son's favorite band and when I just listen to them I don't always get it; seeing them visually like this was amazing. I know they have been around forever and were a great influence on some new wave and techno artists.

Your son must be pretty cool! You're right in that their music is really most appreciated as part of the entire experience. Hearing it in context of the visual experience helps fill in the holes in what they are trying to convey. With that context firmly embedded in your mind, you can then go back and appreciate just the music. Pretty genius stuff, especially considering that they started in 1970.
  • Like 1

Your son must be pretty cool! You're right in that their music is really most appreciated as part of the entire experience. Hearing it in context of the visual experience helps fill in the holes in what they are trying to convey. With that context firmly embedded in your mind, you can then go back and appreciate just the music. Pretty genius stuff, especially considering that they started in 1970.

Aww, thanks, we like him! He actually is a music librarian at a university so it's a nice job for someone that grew up loving music. This has made me wonder, though; I don't know where the heck he ran into Kraftwerk to start liking it ??!! I'll have to ask. He is very excited about the fall US tour!

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough to see Kraftwerk in the 70's when the stage resembled Frankenstein's laboratory, with all these incredible instruments that the band had built themselves.

I do like the new versions of the songs they are currently playing live, but some of the magic has gone with the band's current stage setup.

It's fascinating to go back to the very early albums where they used conventional instruments like drums flutes and guitars , as well as all the electronica. Gradually they built electronic versions of all instruments, and that's when the sound really took off.

Autobahn, Radioactivity and Trans Europe Express are 3 staggering albums from the 70's. One other thing, they sound even better when they sing in German.