David Bottrill recorded and is mixing R40 DVD

Earthshine_sf

Bottril is the man we have to thank for the awesome VT Remix.

He turned The Brick into quite a great sounding record. Mandolin? I thought the only mandolin on that record was in the liner notes.... who knew Nocturne had a groove? Couldn't hear it with all that compression. 2 bass parts on a lot of those songs? Really? The songs work with fewer Geddys in the chorus too.

VTOI (Vapor Trails Original Intent). That was Bottril. As far as I'm concerened he can have any Rush related (re)mixing work - totally trust this guy.

Edited by grep

R30 is tops in my book, even if it doesn't have the best setlist. Beautifully filmed, editing solid and awesome sound.

100% agree.

Re: editing - I think this has the least amount of 'Mtv rapid cuts' that make my head hurt. You get to see the guys play.

I always feel like I am going to have a seizure or develop a migraine with all those cuts. Sheesh. Let me take the shot in for more than 1.25 seconds...

He just replaced one version you couldn't listen to with another one you can't listen to, but just for different reasons.

• Like 2

I just don't understand why a video editor wouldn't want to make a concert video like it would be if you had ideal seats. Like right in the center, with no one in front of you. Who watches a concert and doesn't look at the person doing the soloing, for instance?
  • Like 1

Every one of their dvd/blu ray releases has been released in the month of november or late october. what are the chances we get this thing out this year? I'm sure they don't wanna rush it but if they can't get it out by this year it will be a whole year wait. they waited for clockwork tour although I'm not sure why. cleveland came out shortly after that show was done.

also another random question - since the band is done what do all the managerial people and their crew do now? like ray danniels and everyone involved in their management, are their still matters that they need to handle in rush land in terms of cps/dvds/sales or are they officially all done?

Every one of their dvd/blu ray releases has been released in the month of november or late october. what are the chances we get this thing out this year? I'm sure they don't wanna rush it but if they can't get it out by this year it will be a whole year wait. they waited for clockwork tour although I'm not sure why. cleveland came out shortly after that show was done.

also another random question - since the band is done what do all the managerial people and their crew do now? like ray danniels and everyone involved in their management, are their still matters that they need to handle in rush land in terms of cps/dvds/sales or are they officially all done?

The band is done?

News to me...many others I suspect as well...especially the band themselves.

Alex said that it will probably be out by Christmas. Take that as you will.

Ill take mine under the tree then. Tyvm.

Sounds good to me. Or even earlier. :)

when everyone is talking about the crappy CA mix, are they talking about the DVD/BluRay that was in the box set sold at the R40 show?

That, and CA the studio album. Audiophile elitists tend to trash CA's mix. I don't however. I think the album is their best EVER.

But that's just me.

How often is he wrong? It seems like we attack him for being wrong all the time when I can only think of him prematurely announcing Jacob's Ladder

No I know, that's why I said that, because other people will come in and say he doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's been right a lot more than he's been wrong.

How often is he wrong? It seems like we attack him for being wrong all the time when I can only think of him prematurely announcing Jacob's Ladder

No I know, that's why I said that, because other people will come in and say he doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's been right a lot more than he's been wrong.

I don't know...he DID say he was bringing his double neck out on the CA tour :LOL:

I don't know...he DID say he was bringing his double neck out on the CA tour :LOL:

But the DVD coming in November seems pretty likely. I'd be kinda surprised if it didn't.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

Probably Xanadu got cut from that show.

Probably Xanadu got cut from that show.

Exactly, Alex is always counting his chickens before they hatch
  • Like 1

The only thing I found listenable on CA Tour CD was the guitar which was crystal clear. Otherwise everything else was a muddy mess.

I thought and still think the S&A dvd is their very best dvd!

Agreed

Isn't the DVD/Blu Ray being produced by Fadoo Productions, the same company that produced Clockwork Angels DVD?

Yes, but that's in the video department. David Bottrill is the one in charge for audio which is what really matters.

He just replaced one version you couldn't listen to with another one you can't listen to, but just for different reasons.

He didn't accidentally record Counterparts, did he?

What?

:moon: