Street Preachers

Skin Bag

Were there street preachers at any of the other venues? There were quite a few with their bullhorns and signs surrounding the SAP Center in San Jose. I couldn't help but be a little amused thinking about the huge scowl that must have been on Neil's face as he rode past them on his motorcycle.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/ChowChowMa/concerts/IMG_1141_zpsoqzx3vvf.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/ChowChowMa/concerts/IMG_1142_zpstv2n0oiv.jpg

Except that they were preaching TO the mass of Rush fans ("you're going to burn in hell for listening to the devil's music", blah blah blah) I was hanging around for nearly an hour before the doors were opened so perhaps they decided to leave as their audience was pushing inside.

Oh, and did you go to any of the meetups beforehand Robert? I had dinner at the Farmers Union with a table of new Rush friends which was lots of fun.

Were there street preachers at any of the other venues? There were quite a few with their bullhorns and signs surrounding the SAP Center in San Jose. I couldn't help but be a little amused thinking about the huge scowl that must have been on Neil's face as he rode past them on his motorcycle.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/ChowChowMa/concerts/IMG_1141_zpsoqzx3vvf.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/ChowChowMa/concerts/IMG_1142_zpstv2n0oiv.jpg

Hey! I was there! I saw these pricks! I know they have to right to freedom of speech but they always piss me off!!

I see Street Preachers everywhere in the Bay Area.

For instance at Black Sabbath in Mountain View. There they were. Yelling through their bullhorns and bullshit man.

WE ARE GOING TO BURN IN HELL LISTENING TO THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!

I simply tell them that "HELL AIN'T A BAD PLACE TO BE!"

Fukk them.

They give Christians a bad name.

Lunacy. Insanity.

I see Street Preachers at KISS KONCERTS.

I see Street Preachers at KATY PERRY!

Yep I was there with my wife and daughters. They think it's a sin to see Katy Perry singing about girls kissing girls and shit. Cherry lip balm or some shit.

I can't remember .

"I kissed a girl and I liked it."

Whatever.

These losers are everywhere and their message will always fail.

I am sure the Street Preachers are nothing more than hypocritical sinners with too much time on their hands.

"Too Much Time On My Hands."

Yep I am sure they think STYX is Satanic too!

I wonder what these worthless tits would say outside a Village People concert?

Signed,

"MACHO MAN"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

That DEVIL profile in the STARMAN is really there by the way. I am sure there is a thread written about it.

I'm guessing it's a right-facing profile formed by the lighter part of starmandude's back? And he has a l'il dimple?

• Like 1

There's one touring all over the world dress in musician with a four band line-up (Neal Morse) But he also plays some amazing music.

I've never seen them at a Rush show before but the last two times I saw Judas Priest there were a few religious nuts outside as we were waiting to go in. They were spewing the usual crap about how we must repent and change our ways and not listen to this band that promotes Satan.

It's really sad how far gone some of these people are with their beliefs. It also shows how ignorant they are as well since Priest has very few songs that talk about the devil at all. Just because they're metal, they automatically think they are Satanists.

Oh, and did you go to any of the meetups beforehand Robert? I had dinner at the Farmers Union with a table of new Rush friends which was lots of fun.

Hey, I was there at the Farmer's Union but I'm sorry I didn't see you. It wasn't the best place for a meetup because there was no big area for everyone to stand and mill about, and instead I saw people with Rush shirts scattered at different tables.

I think I saw the preacher people outside the show, but I don't remember for sure.

I wonder what the street preachers would say at a Manic Street Preachers concert? LOL!!

Sorry! I couldn't "RESIST!"

I'm afraid I simply can't NOT take this opportunity to promote my film! Rush is in it, you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1fQZk09HY

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 4

Yup, I saw and heard them too. They were there the last time I saw Rush at the SAP as well.

As i was walking up to venue I was actually wondering if they would be there again; because they made an impact on me.

Not for their religious belief (which I have no problem with); but for two main reasons.

They were yelling at people through a bullhorn and telling them they were going to hell.

I see no supposed Christian love in that at all and not effective whatsoever.

Secondly, they were filming themselves. To me that was very odd. It's like they can take that back later and show it to their congregation and declare "look how great we are...see what we did in the name of God"?

Kinda prideful, don't you think?

I wonder how many panhandlers or homeless people they tripped over on the way to the venue?

• Like 2

Anger wear a crown of thorns reverse the golden rule....

Seriously...I can't believe this shit still goes on and in mny ways is much worse thn 30 years ago....

Reminds me of the Michigan preacher recently..very conservative..very "family man"...very outspoken against the LGBT community....has a wife and 3-4 kids...pretty young...etc..

Turns out he gets busted for photos appearing online of him making out with other dudes....many of them...

In other words...he doth protest too much...

And it ALWAYS seems to be that way...the most outspoken are the ones who wind up being self loathing versions of what they supposedly are against...

In this Michigan guys case it boggles the mind why he would marry and procreate knowing all along it was a big lie....unreal

EDIT...my bad..he has FIVE kids...apparently also almost drove a gay teen to suicide.....again...unreal

Edited by JBsDWdrums

I wonder what the street preachers would say at a Manic Street Preachers concert? LOL!!

Sorry! I couldn't "RESIST!"

I'm afraid I simply can't NOT take this opportunity to promote my film! Rush is in it, you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1fQZk09HY

I watched that film not knowing much about The Manic Street Preachers. I loved it a(and enjoyed the Rush content). Since watching it a few months ago I have completely fallen in love with this great band. I now own almost all of their CDs and have watched your film a couple of times. Sadly I watched it over the interweb but I am keeping my eye out for the DVD and will buy it as soon as I find it.

Thanks a million

• Like 1

I went to the shows in New Orleans and Las Vegas.

2 cities founded, supported and where it is encouraged to Sin and go to Excess.

I saw NO preachers.

• Like 1

I've never noticed them at Rush shows but I always see them at Rolling Stones concerts, even this year. Guess "Sympathy for the Devil" just drives those folks bat shit crazy.

If they saw Jagger's outfit and the opening to that song on this tour oh lordy they would surely think the gates of hell hath opened!