Listening to rush with final major tour over

madrushian

Know when I listen to rush I find myself with a different feeling. I think them and their song as in the past tense and part of the past. It kinda sad.

I was wonder if any one has had similar type feeling. FYI om not one who think their career is completely over but face it rush as a fully active rock act is over. It is like losing a loved one.

Know when I listen to rush I find myself with a different feeling. I think them and their song as in the past tense and part of the past. It kinda sad.

I was wonder if any one has had similar type feeling. FYI om not one who think their career is completely over but face it rush as a fully active rock act is over. It is like losing a loved one.

Alex himself has said that they will continue to be an active band, but their touring will be cut back significantly. They will still be around.

I'm really enjoying listening to the oldest stuff, the debut album, FBN, and COS. Hadn't listened to them last few years but really liking these records now.

The raw sound and youthful enthusiasm in Geddys vocals is interesting compared to their later releases.

• Like 3

I can sort of understand feeling a bit different, but not much different.

The band has signaled a change, but not an end. Please remember that.

As I'm listening to the music these days, it is all celebratory; not mournful.

• Like 2

I don't feel that way at all.

In fact, the big comforting thought I had at the R40 gigs I went to was that I will always have the music.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The music they have previously released is already in the past; it always has been, so nothing has changed there. The only thing that has changed is the future, and none of us, probably not even the band, know what that holds. It's really not much different from the end of the CA tour when the band said they were going to take a full year off before doing anything new.

• Like 2

It's a new phase the band is going into and we as fans just need to adjust to said change, whatever that change might be.
  • Like 1

I can understand where the OP is coming from. For the first time in a long time I haven't been wanting to listen to their music as much the past week or so. It's almost like someone has died. All of the excitement of sharing "what are they going to do next?" stuff is gone. Neil waving to the crowd at the end of the last show just made it even more poignant.
  • Like 1

I will always listen to the music the has kept me listening to the music that I still love to listen to. Another great thing is I have a "What's next" thought pattern as I aways have at the conclusion of every tour since 1980, while I was listening to Rush music and love it all.
  • Like 1

I don't really feel much different about the music itself. I try not to think about the future of Rush too deeply...but it's always a great thing to have the "next" project/tour to look forward to.
  • Like 1

For a few days I listened to my R40 playlist, it felt like a wake for the dead. I put RUSH away for almost a week then busted out my fantasy tour playlist and all was right with the world. The Big Money can do that!
  • Like 2

Rush will always be present for me. Unlike the hiatus when I wasnt even listening at all (dropped out between CP and VT) thier music will always be prevalent in my life. I do however hope that I will be able to see them one more time and bring my kid along. In about 3 years he will be ready :/.

Nothing has changed for me.

I wish I could pry the original Vapor Trails out of the car CD player. Every time I try another song starts and I need to hear it. It's been in there since last week.

Hopefully I won't forget to hit eject before I turn it on tomorrow. I can usually manage that.

• Like 2

Nothing has changed for me.

I wish I could pry the original Vapor Trails out of the car CD player. Every time I try another song starts and I need to hear it. It's been in there since last week.

Hopefully I won't forget to hit eject before I turn it on tomorrow. I can usually manage that.

:notworthy:

listened to them today and didn't even think about "the end." I mean, what is there to be sad about - a killer band stayed killer and they're going out before they turned into a joke. even non-fans and "haters" like gemini were impressed by the R40 shows.

and I know "this isn't the end according to alex lifeson" and "there will be residency dates!!!" and maybe another album of foo fighters riffs but I mean, 6 nights in new york, 6 nights in LA, that might as well be a broken up band to someone who's stuck in north georgia for the moment.

and before anyone jumps on the foo fighters thing, I think CA's pretty killer but the production and some of the playing really does remind me of foo fighters, or at least that "average modern rock band" sound that they have. no disrespect to grohl cause he's a metalhead when he's not at the grammys but hopefully someone gets what I'm saying

and before anyone jumps on the foo fighters thing, I think CA's pretty killer but the production and some of the playing really does remind me of foo fighters, or at least that "average modern rock band" sound that they have. no disrespect to grohl cause he's a metalhead when he's not at the grammys but hopefully someone gets what I'm saying

I do get it- but I think the modern-rock band sound was more on display over the three or four Rush albums that preceded it. I hear a lot of completely different stuff going on in Clockwork Angels.

I do get it- but I think the modern-rock band sound was more on display over the three or four Rush albums that preceded it. I hear a lot of completely different stuff going on in Clockwork Angels.

Agreed. To me, CA is a return to the band's progressive roots, though done in an updated style.

• Like 3

Agreed. To me, CA is a return to the band's progressive roots, though done in an updated style.

^ ((knows what she's talking about)) ^

• Like 2

I agree with this. obviously foo fighters would never do a song like headlong flight. I was referring more to the production style on CA. CA's got some high quality songs but I wish it had production closer to maybe CP or T4E

I agree with this. obviously foo fighters would never do a song like headlong flight. I was referring more to the production style on CA. CA's got some high quality songs but I wish it had production closer to maybe CP or T4E

If you listen to the pre-album singles release of Caravan and BU2B, it DOES have better and cleaner production. Why they didn't make the rest of the album sound that good is what frustrates me.
  • Like 2