My Favourite Headache / Victor.

TheWatchMaker97

Love Victor but some of the lyrics(first track)are risque,i don't think Neil would ever lower himself.Some of Alex's solos are out of this world.MFH has just sat on the shelf and i probably haven't given it a fair listen.Nothing really jumped out at me.I will go back to it and report later.

I'm not really fond of Edwin or that song either, but I understand how it fits in with the theme.

Otherwise I love Victor and My Favorite Headache. Still can't believe Geddy did a signing tour for his solo album..

Still can't believe I missed out on the signing tour even though I knew it was going down

If you like the more popish and melodic elements of Rush, MFH is your cup of tea. If you like the more prog elements, then Victor is for you. Victor is a much denser album -- very similar to VT -- and requires quite a bit of patience (though well worth it, imo). MFH is a much quicker fix, but, for me, at least, not as satisfying.

MFH is basically Geddy and Ben Mink, and it is a damn good album. I have the wounded bird release, and cannot stop listening to it.

What is the wounded bird release?

Wounded Bird is a label.

http://www.woundedbird.com/

Edited by JARG
  • Like 1

MFH is basically Geddy and Ben Mink, and it is a damn good album. I have the wounded bird release, and cannot stop listening to it.

What is the wounded bird release?

Wounded Bird Records----2010 remaster( in association with Rhino)
  • Like 1

Haven't really listened to much of Victor.

As far as MFH goes, the whole album is pretty good, but I'm a big fan of The Angels' Share and Grace to Grace

MFH: title track. Everything else was boring

Victor: Promise, Mr X, Start Today, Shut Up, Strip And Go Naked, I Am The Spirit

Personally, I thought Victor was a million times more interesting and exciting. As much as I respect Geddy Lee, on his own outside of Rush I didn't find much on his album that held my attention.

I have Victor back in my car CD rotation now. I Am The Spirit is a very good song and too bad it doesn't get any kind of FM radio play.

Edited by jnoble

Both intentionally have two very different vibes. Geddy's is the more accessible singer songwriter album while Alex's is more adventurous and maybe has a little more depth to it.

I really get a kick out of both.

The title track is by far my favorite on MFH. It's a decent album, just dull. As for Victor...couldn't get into it. I guess the song with Dalbello would be my favorite just because I like her and she almost sounds like a young Geddy on it.
  • Like 1

I love My Favorite Headache, I haven't heard Victor. My favorite My Favorite Headache song is probably Home on the Strange. Just a weird yet catchy tune.

perfect description:weird yet catchy. I like it too. (Home on the strange)
  • Like 1

The title track is by far my favorite on MFH. It's a decent album, just dull. As for Victor...couldn't get into it. I guess the song with Dalbello would be my favorite just because I like her and she almost sounds like a young Geddy on it.

She does which is killer. Alex tears the bass a new one in a ged like way too.

To me the best track on victor is shut up shuttin up.

Alex at his finest. Ripping and funny.

Yep. I love it. Has a Zappaesque quality to it. In fact if I didnt know any better it would be a direct homage.

• Like 2

Yep. I love it. Has a Zappaesque quality to it. In fact if I didnt know any better it would be a direct homage.

Haha. Had not thought of that but now that you mention it.

Shut up and play yer guitar!

Just a few seconds listening to each...

http://youtu.be/jyZc2Xqav_4

http://youtu.be/xgHi6FIlKPw

I don`t think Alex copied the opening riff on purpose (ala paying homage). He probably has so many Page-like riffs, and finger positions in his tool box that they`re bound to come out naturally (I think the notes are E, F, G, B flat, C)

BTW, Start Today has one of my favorite Lifeson solos. The way the rhythm guitar cuts in underneath give me goose bumps.

• Like 1

I don`t think Alex copied the opening riff on purpose (ala paying homage). He probably has so many Page-like riffs, and finger positions in his tool box that they`re bound to come out naturally (I think the notes are E, F, G, B flat, C)

BTW, Start Today has one of my favorite Lifeson solos. The way the rhythm guitar cuts in underneath give me goose bumps.

I was just pointing out that I think the song DD was talking about when he noticed the nod to Zep was Start Today rather than SUSU.

• Like 1