My Favourite Headache / Victor.

TheWatchMaker97

Working at Perfekt, the Angel's Share, Slipping, Still.

I wish the album came with lyrics.

I haven't warmed up to Victor yet. I made myself a 15 minute edit that I like.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Working at Perfekt, the Angel's Share, Slipping, Still.

I wish the album came with lyrics.

I haven't warmed up to Victor yet. I made myself a 15 minute edit that I like.

Yea, the only really enjoyable songs for me in Victor are "Promise" and "Shut Up Shuttin' Up".

Truthfully, I haven't overly warmed up to MFH, I don't HATE it, but it's not on the regular rotation.....I LOVE Victor, though... I pull that one out when I'm at a loss for what I want to listen to....

(and Grace to Grace reminds me of a Hold You Fire reject....just saying...)

Truthfully, I haven't overly warmed up to MFH, I don't HATE it, but it's not on the regular rotation.....I LOVE Victor, though... I pull that one out when I'm at a loss for what I want to listen to....

Interesting, It seems that your the only one who love Victor and doesn't like MHF. And the Grace To Grace comment, that song is way to heavy to be a HYF reject.

Ged.

Still

Working At Perfekt.

Slipping

Grace to Grace

Window to the World

Alex

Nome........sorry, lol.

Mick

Really? Not even Promise?

nope and i've tried. not my thing.

Just a weird ass record, lol

Mick

• Like 3

I don't think I have heard any Victor unlike MFH which I have been exposed to. Any Victor must listen tracks?

I say start with "Promise", If you like it Move to "Shut Up Shuttin' Up". If You like both you'll probably like most of the album.

• Like 2

Interesting, It seems that your the only one who love Victor and doesn't like MHF. And the Grace To Grace comment, that song is way to heavy to be a HYF reject.

Heavy? Not really....I think it falls in that HyF through RtB era where they sort of lost me.....

Not sure why no one like Alex's stuff...different strokes....

I heard MFH in full today while running. My favourites are Runaway Train, Still, Slipping and the awesome Grace to Grace, which has some of the saddest and most beautiful bass lines Geddy ever did.

From Victor, I only remember Start Today. Haven't heard the album since its release, and don't plan on doing it any time soon. Actually, the best thing about Victor for me is the cover, which I really like.

• Like 1

I really like all of "My Favorite Headache". Favorite is "Runaway Train". "Slipping" and "Grace To Grace" are up at the top too.

From "Victor", "At The End" is one of the most beautiful, sad and haunting songs I've ever heard. I also like "Strip and Go Naked" a lot, and "Mr. X" and "Shut Up Shuttin' Up" are good. Don't want to say this next part too loudly: I find the remainder of the album unlistenable.

"At the End" was part of the music selection played during intermission on the "Test For Echo" tour. I can't say that many in the audience (around me at least) recognized it.

• Like 1

Love Victor but some of the lyrics(first track)are risque,i don't think Neil would ever lower himself.Some of Alex's solos are out of this world.MFH has just sat on the shelf and i probably haven't given it a fair listen.Nothing really jumped out at me.I will go back to it and report later.

Heavy? Not really....I think it falls in that HyF through RtB era where they sort of lost me.....

I'm with ya, I found MFH to be OK but a bit boring, but Victor has all the cool off the wall stuff. I only wish Alex would have used Dalbello as the main vocalist and not Edwin. WOuld also love to hear Alex and Dalbello tackle some old Rush - she has the pipes!

I'm with ya, I found MFH to be OK but a bit boring, but Victor has all the cool off the wall stuff. I only wish Alex would have used Dalbello as the main vocalist and not Edwin. WOuld also love to hear Alex and Dalbello tackle some old Rush - she has the pipes!

Yup about Dalbello as the main vocalist. And yeah, she could probably pull off some of the pre-Peart tunes...hell, some of her phrasings were somewhat similar to Geddy then anyway.

You can easily see their roles in Rush through these records...Alex as the more spontaneous rocker and Geddy as the more meticulous, melodic player. And IMHO you can also see how much they need each other in order to make truly memorable tunes

there isn't a bad track on MFH it's a beautiful piece of work making it absolutely clear who the main song arranger is in Rush.

Victor's ok and in my view Al's the greatest and most imaginative rock guitarist there'll EVER be but, his solo effort more an arty experimental thing that falls flat in a lot of places.

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1

Love Victor but some of the lyrics(first track)are risque,i don't think Neil would ever lower himself.Some of Alex's solos are out of this world.MFH has just sat on the shelf and i probably haven't given it a fair listen.Nothing really jumped out at me.I will go back to it and report later.

I'm not really fond of Edwin or that song either, but I understand how it fits in with the theme.

Otherwise I love Victor and My Favorite Headache. Still can't believe Geddy did a signing tour for his solo album..