Yukon Blade Grinder: Los Angeles Forum 8.1.15

Tombstone Mountain

August 1st already seems like a very long time ago. At least to me it does. I was going to mention it on Saturday. The LA concert had only been one week before, but already it seemed so long ago.

It took a week to process some of it.
  • Like 2

Great read. Thank you. I didn't know Geddy sat on Neil's lap. Funny.

Dude welcome to TRF. Glad that you took the time to read the Grinder. Normally they're much different than this...much different. But because I'm getting in touch with my "feelings" I had to write this piece.

I'm all better now

• Like 4

Fantastic job brother! and I'm honored to have been a part of it :cheers: wish we could do it all again.

Dude it was fun to meet Anita, and your bud. The stories were out of sight.

Thanks, I will definitely let Anita know you enjoyed her company :)

and thanks for making me laugh out loud: "His fingers may be more sausage-like than ever, but dude was on it ALL night in LA."

• Like 2

Fantastic job brother! and I'm honored to have been a part of it :cheers: wish we could do it all again.

and thanks for making me laugh out loud: "His fingers may be more sausage-like than ever, but dude was on it ALL night in LA."

I can see why you're attracted to her....fun chick no doubt.

And what was your bud's name...I forgot it.

Scott :huh:

A little taste of the vibe

I am eagerly awaiting the full-length production!

Meeting Bubbles must haven been the kitten's pajamas, did Mike Smith show up? Of course when you finally meet J-Roc you'll be somebody!

Bubbles actually showed up out of character, normal jawline and glasses. Nobody recognized him....but the YBG was aware and politely asked him if he had the inclination to do a bit. He quietly said "give me a few seconds, pulled out his "bubbles" ware...and off we went. Quite nice of him. He could've just moved on inside the Forum

• Like 3

Meeting Bubbles must haven been the kitten's pajamas, did Mike Smith show up? Of course when you finally meet J-Roc you'll be somebody!

Bubbles actually showed up out of character, normal jawline and glasses. Nobody recognized him....but the YBG was aware and politely asked him if he had the inclination to do a bit. He quietly said "give me a few seconds, pulled out his "bubbles" ware...and off we went. Quite nice of him. He could've just moved on inside the Forum

I loved it when he pulled off his glasses afterwards and said "I can't see a f***ing thing with these on."

• Like 2

TM, as I said the other day, such a great read, it really helped with a tough storm delay at Test Track. Thanks to you we got to experience a part of the historic show. Thanks so much. And a great read under normal conditions.

Great learning everyone's real name. Well, except for perhaps x1yyz, as I am married to someone with the same name. x1 such a better name ;)

• Like 2

TM, as I said the other day, such a great read, it really helped with a tough storm delay at Test Track. Thanks to you we got to experience a part of the historic show. Thanks so much. And a great read under normal conditions.

Great learning everyone's real name. Well, except for perhaps x1yyz, as I am married to someone with the same name. x1 such a better name ;)

It's all about sharing what I experienced. Hopefully there'll be a chance to experience Rush again in the future.
  • Like 4

Tombstone, credit to you for recognizing Bubbles out of character. No one else did; you were the first. He was standing three feet in front of me, but he might as well have been Gene Simmons for all that I knew. And we respected his request that we not film anything until he was fully in character, which I think he appreciated. Finally, never mind not seeing out of the Coke bottle glasses, how does his jaw not ache from holding it out like that for so long? Ah, the penance of an artist!

• Like 2

Tombstone, credit to you for recognizing Bubbles out of character. No one else did; you were the first. He was standing three feet in front of me, but he might as well have been Gene Simmons for all that I knew. And we respected his request that we not film anything until he was fully in character, which I think he appreciated. Finally, never mind not seeing out of the Coke bottle glasses, how does his jaw not ache from holding it out like that for so long? Ah, the penance of an artist!

Everybody else had sloppy seconds.
  • Like 1

Bob the drummer. Known him since 5th grade. He thankfully talked me into learning to play bass instead of drums when we were 13. We started a band and discovered Rush when we were 14, and saw our first Rush concert together when we were 15. AFTK tour Santa Monica civic 10/01/77 :)

• Like 3

I was at the L.A. show, and I too thought that one of the most poignant moments was Alex sitting stage right, watching Neil's solo during Cygnus. He really seemed to be soaking it in, in case it was the last time he every witnessed Neil's solo.

Heavy.

That's what I took away from it as well, so I'm not the only one who saw it that way. He had this smile, almost a shit-eating grin. Once again, surreal is a good word here!
  • Like 1

Bob the drummer. Known him since 5th grade. He thankfully talked me into learning to play bass instead of drums when we were 13. We started a band and discovered Rush when we were 14, and saw our first Rush concert together when we were 15. AFTK tour Santa Monica civic 10/01/77 :)

It was special to meet both of you and see the friendship there. You're a lucky guy Rick. AFTK's? Dude you suck :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Thank you Tombstone! I finally got time to read that and I really enjoyed it! Brought back some real good memories from Vancouver (I got to see 'Losing it' too!)

• Like 1

Great read :wub: Still processing this tour. From first to last - I went to Tulsa and The Forum - and Boston with CygnusGal! :heart: and Austin and Dallas and Irvine.

It was cool meeting you at the Forum!

I really could not get the image of you as Yosemite Sam out of my mind though - when you came back by during the concert to say hi it still took me a while to figure out who you were - sorry for looking at you like "who the heck is that guy talking to?" :unsure: Next time go ahead and wear your red moustache and floppy hat! :D One of the cool things about meeting on the interwebz!

Energy was super high at The Forum, but a different energy from all the other shows. At every other show there was still potential and promise, But at The Forum it was log orders higher, with a maniac edge, everyone knowing it is the high before the low.. of dawning reality that this..is.. at least for Rush tours like this. But, there will be something! After all, Nature abhors a vacuum, and we are all too energetic to not let the next chapter in our collective Rush nuanced and intertwined adventures unfold -

It was a summer in a state of grace :heart:

Edited by Animate
  • Like 2

Great read :wub: Still processing this tour. From first to last - I went to Tulsa and The Forum - and Boston with CygnusGal! :heart: and Austin and Dallas and Irvine.

It was cool meeting you at the Forum!

I really could not get the image of you as Yosemite Sam out of my mind though - when you came back by during the concert to say hi it still took me a while to figure out who you were - sorry for looking at you like "who the heck is that guy talking to?" :unsure: Next time go ahead and wear your red moustache and floppy hat! :D One of the cool things about meeting on the interwebz!

Energy was super high at The Forum, but a different energy from all the other shows. At every other show there was still potential and promise, But at The Forum it was log orders higher, with a maniac edge, everyone knowing it is the high before the low.. of dawning reality that this..is.. at least for Rush tours like this. But, there will be something! After all, Nature abhors a vacuum, and we are all too energetic to not let the next chapter in our collective Rush nuanced and intertwined adventures unfold -

It was a summer in a state of grace :heart:

First of all...nice to see that avatar again. Been missing that--a lot!!!

It was a great 5 minutes to visit with you. We saw perhaps the best show of the entire tour, or maybe our lives. It was that incredible.

This is my favorite Yosemite Sam bit

43e10197b0b4656572602d8759df4104.jpg

How did I miss this thread? :) Great job but way too short. Need more detail! :)

I'll make the next one longer. :D

Geddy was just killing it this tour. It was inspiring to watch him going the distance wasn't it? Last night of the tour was fresher than the first!

• Like 2