Yukon Blade Grinder: Los Angeles Forum 8.1.15

Tombstone Mountain

Awesome writing, just awesome! Your story is your own and yet captures the special moments so many of us have had with the band and each other. Loved this! :notworthy: :notworthy: (And I'll bet you still miss that Datsun 260 Z!) Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

As a previously silent YBG fan, what better way to finally speak up than with this great piece. Another scroll-bar-stopping read. Here's to more tours and more installments of the YBG!
  • Like 1

Very well done, TM. The finest of your compositions thus far methinks.

:heart: :hug2:

• Like 1

It seems that every edition of the YBG gets better and better, You expressed so beautifully what many of us felt as we were at what might possibly have been our last Rush show.

As much as I will remember some great performances over the years it will be the fans that I will remember the most.

Hey buddy...it was awesome...and once again, thanks for the ride to the airport. Meeting you was a highlight of my tour experience

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/IMG-20150720-WA0006_zpsvja7tzlm.jpg

• Like 2

Neil just called with a message for you...stop being so goddamn profound, that's his job.

Awesome job friend

Seriously should forward this to the guys. This was as well written as one of Neil's blogs

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

Nice to read and see the pics. I think for the many of us who could not be there we imagined it was something like the way you wrote it up.

On The Rush Forum, the predominant era of choice is basically the Terry Brown catalog. No doubt. I enjoy it like everyone else, but it was before my time. I had to go back in time to appreciate it after I cut my teeth on the synth era.

I reflected on the Synth era as you wrote aboot it. In some ways we have something in common although I'm a few years older than you. Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures were magic as it was happening but they were turn table experiences. I wasn't old enough to get to a concert till Signals. Next was Grace Under Pressure, the Synth Era born, I was growing up with the band as they "matured". It was during the Synth Era that RUSH concerts became nearly annual pilgrimages.

Maybe I place to much personal bias on the Synth Era over rating its significance but I felt it deserved more coverage on set one.

• Like 1

Holy Gefilter, Duff. :smoke: :clap:

Really touching transcription man. :notworthy: That was speaking straight from the heart, just like I prefer.

I felt almost like I was there, when I read it. :)

• Like 4

Very enjoyable TM, thanks for sharing. Your article made a difficult hour pleasant. I was trying to get my daughter on her favorite ride earlier this evening, test track epcot. Alas, a bad t storm the size of epcot shut the ride down. While on line waiting for it to reopen, enjoyed reading the story of our fearless travelers, to see the men of willowdale, perform their last major show. It Was a sunny hot day here (its a steamy MOIST hot heat) until that evening storm. 100 degree heat index, woo hoo! In no way does it smell like fall here ;)

From Maine to Fla in three weeks, keeping me from the Forum (that and $1350 air fare!). But got to live part of the LA Finale thanks to the great fans posting here, your story TM and also Periscope! So happy for all that went to see the awesome conclusion to an amazing Rush tour!

• Like 2

A little taste of the vibe

I am eagerly awaiting the full-length production!

Meeting Bubbles must haven been the kitten's pajamas, did Mike Smith show up? Of course when you finally meet J-Roc you'll be somebody!

• Like 2