The Internet is a horrifying place

x1yyz

I think this is a hilarious because someday people are going to be looking back at this decade and saying how horrible the fashions were. :LOL:

I was thinking that today

• Like 1

I think this is a hilarious because someday people are going to be looking back at this decade and saying how horrible the fashions were. :LOL:

The question future generations will ask. Why is everyone wearing flip-flops/shower sandles every where all year long?

• Like 4

The question future generations will ask. Why is everyone wearing flip-flops/shower sandles every where all year long?

Yeah I don't get that. Unless you're homeless or something.

• Like 1

Yeah and hopefully the fashion industry will not be trying to reintroduce this (70's) style as fashion has exemplified that history does indeed repeat it's self lol

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Yeah I don't get that. Unless you're homeless or something.

Or a resident of Florida where the flip flop is the official state shoe ;-P

• Like 1

Yeah and hopefully the fashion industry will not be trying to reintroduce this (70's) style as fashion has exemplified that history does indeed repeat it's self lol

They already have,

Maybe not the exact same way. I see people in there so called bell bottoms ect. Its a fu***** joke. They just buy the clothes to go along with what is the cool thing to do.

BTW, the 70's were the best years ever!! :codger: :haz:

You know how retro is now popular... I think that the shark whisperer had found the next thing :scared:

Ack, I don't want to be that kind of trend setter!

• Like 3

Considering there are only so many ways they can make clothes, and only so many designs, they probably will.

I was thinking that today

Actually, I don't see these things as being much different in terms of shock value, or whatever you want to call it, from men's fashion magazines today. I mean, look at a New York Times "Men's Style" issue, present-day, and I'll bet you find hundreds of things you wouldn't ever wear, too.

And that's what we're supposed to think is 'high fashion'... :eyeroll:

I say we bring back the Carnaby Street look.

• Like 2

I am so glad I was born when I was! :yes:

What great times. :codger:

Oh yes, the 70's were great times to grow up, and I must confess, I love some of those sweaters.

I still have two of those candy-striped sweaters, and I wear them with head held high. :7up: :smoke:

The quality of the clothes back then was outstanding. The things were robust and cool (at the time), and not ficking venomous China chemistry products, like most clothes nowadays.

• Like 4

What went wrong to make all this fashionable in the seventies?

The 60's went wrong. Everyone turned into dirty barefoot hippies, so the next generation overcompensated..... ;)

There's a lot of truth in what you have said.

Wait until a generation rises up that overcompensates in the other direction for what we have today. It will make the Victorian Age look loose.

Edited by Lorraine

Would someone please tell me what the f is going on with the gold guy's crotch? (Note: I am quite disturbed that I noticed this, but really, how could you not?)

http://cdn.pulptastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/557e4115b9828.jpg

• Like 2

Would someone please tell me what the f is going on with the gold guy's crotch? (Note: I am quite disturbed that I noticed this, but really, how could you not?)

From these ads you'd think that the 70's were just one big orgy.
  • Like 2

She is nice!

Hey, hey, hey - could we take it easy on the 1970s ? ... It happens to be the greatest decade ever for just about everything

I'll take my women 1970s, thank you very much

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u315/BrandoBardot/brigitte_bardot_reference.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ac81d20b4591f1d2eee2351c54ffb10e/tumblr_mked5yTS5d1qzdza2o1_500.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a8eac4935cbbac0f75338f1a45859a38/tumblr_nj326hAd7v1smyvt8o5_1280.png

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4