What song was the BEST song on R40?

Disk98

What was the ONE song this tour that just made you go, "YES!!!!!" more than all the other ones?

For me, of course, it was Xanadu. Ten-plus minutes of Xanadu. Epicness to the extreme!

I took this at San Jose show.

http://youtu.be/RWjUrQhiD6U

I have to go with Losing it. It was my favorite song off of Signals and I had quoted it often during that time of my life. I have to say if it were not for that song I would have a hard time choosing.
  • Like 1

I have to go with Losing it. It was my favorite song off of Signals and I had quoted it often during that time of my life. I have to say if it were not for that song I would have a hard time choosing.

The only reason I didn't consider this song was because I didn't get to see it live in San Jose :rage:

The only reason I didn't consider this song was because I didn't get to see it live in San Jose :rage:

...or Seattle...or Portland...

:rage:

Opening with The Anarchist was f***ing awesome.

This!!! I saw the Tulsa show, so the energy was completely different when they opened with Clockwork Angels instead of The Anarchist... And after the show that night, I thought about how much better it would be if they swapped the two and then two nights later boom... It happened!!

Such a kickass opener...

• Like 2

Having avoided the setlists until my first show of the tour (Columbus), and although I'd heard rumors of a couple of songs being played, actually hearing Jacob's Ladder literally had me tearing up. I think my 15-year-old cousin (who had never seen a live rock show before) looked over and probably thought I was weird for being moved to tears by some random song he'd never heard before. Hemispheres Prelude was absolutely fantastic. In my 3 shows, I never caught setlist C, which in a way was unfortunate because my three favorite RUSH songs are Natural Science, Jacob's Ladder, and Hemispheres (in no particular order), but after stopping and thinking about it, I realized it probably was good I didn't get C because my head probably would have exploded by getting all three favorites right in a row.
  • Like 1

I never really paid too much attention to Jacob's Ladder before R40, but mein gott Jacob's Ladder live R40 was life-changingly EPIC.
  • Like 1

U.K. Rush fan here, so I didn't see the tour, but I've listened to a few full concerts. As such, I'd have to say Jacob's Ladder, with honorable mentions to Xanadu, Hemispheres: Prelude, Cygnus X-1, Clockwork Angels and What You're Doing.

But as always, it's Rush, so it ALL rocked :)

The most epic "HOLY SHIT it's really happening!!" moment ever was when Losing It was played the first time.

Cygnus X-1 with the drum solo for me was killer!

Yes! One of my absolute favorite things about this tour was the way the integrated Neil's solo into Cygnus, especially how they go straight back into it with Neil triggering the guitar sample. MAN that was cool.

My favourites after seeing them live were Jacobs Ladder, Xanadu, TMMB, Cygnus X-1 (especially the last 1.5 min.) and Animate. A special mention to Losing as it sounded great on video. Seeing it live must have been something. Edited by Shemp

I was at the July 19 Toronto show, so seeing Losing It with Ben Mink was a real treat. Xanadu was nice to hear again as well, especially with the double necks making a return, but Spirit of Radio is always the tune that is the most fun to see live. All the songs were great, just a well put together show.

Tough choice because after RtB there were SO MANY...but I'd have to say Jacob's Ladder, with Lakeside Park a close second...I never thought I'd ever see either of those performed live!

Xanadu was totally amazing, with the double necks and all...but I DID see a snippet of it on the R30 tour, which only made the fact that that they did it this tour partially special...so it get's an "honorable mention"

But the whole second "set" was a something to be experienced!

Lakeside Park, hands down. I'd never heard them play Lakeside Park other than on ATWAS and it was *fantastic*! :notworthy:

What You're Doing and the Garden Road riff are tied for a close second, but Lakeside Park wins.

Sublime beauty. :wub: