Anyone else actually like Chemistry?

MeanMeanPride

This is a thread in defense of Chemistry. I love this tune!!! I love putting Signals on because I can just let the record go without skipping - the first 3 tracks especially are great! Plus, you get to hear Geddy say "ELECTRICITY!" Classic.

That's just me. I've noticed a lot of people ranking Chemistry as one of their least favorite songs from this era of Rush. I'd love to know you opinion on the matter!!

No defense needed with me, I dig the tune. The most flawed tune on Signals to me is Digital Man. It's got that one funky section which feels out of place.

Dude! Digital Man kicks ass! Don't you like the build up to Lifeson just shredding that guitar?

Sure. I've got no problem with it.

That is a Bay area response if I've ever read one!

Classic. I have no problem with it and I'm from the Bay Area too. I've learned over the last 25 years that I have no "Chemistry" with women.

Well it was with one and it's over.

I can't believe my marriage is over during the same year Rush could be over.

I will choose Rush over a woman going forward. It's biology.................

This is a thread in defense of Chemistry. I love this tune!!! I love putting Signals on because I can just let the record go without skipping - the first 3 tracks especially are great! Plus, you get to hear Geddy say "ELECTRICITY!" Classic.

That's just me. I've noticed a lot of people ranking Chemistry as one of their least favorite songs from this era of Rush. I'd love to know you opinion on the matter!!

No defense needed with me, I dig the tune. The most flawed tune on Signals to me is Digital Man. It's got that one funky section which feels out of place.

Dude! Digital Man kicks ass! Don't you like the build up to Lifeson just shredding that guitar?

To clarify I agreed before with a funky bridge in this song but it's actually the chorus. The rest of the song kick's butt and I love playing the bass part.

Excellent song. Excellent album. Pretty much the last one in my view although Grace Under Pressure was very good. The rest since all pale in comparison for various reasons in my view. Not a view shared by all or many I realize...

Agree completely with this statement.

Us DC boys gotta stick together. Not sure of your age but if you are old like me then us old dudes gotta stick together too :LOL: ... :cheers:

Ha - totally agree! We have good taste no question. (for the record early 40s)

• Like 1

You can take "actually" out of the thread title.. it ain't Dog Years lol.

I like chemistry! Not sure why it rarely gets brought up

• Like 1

I don't understand any hate for this song, but that's just my opinion.

I think it's cool that Al did the high bass pedal parts in the pre~chorus part, live at least.

I remember being momentarily freaked out when I saw him do that back in the day. I had assumed Geddy would've played that part if they did it live.