Just curious who saw the most R40 shows

TexMike

I know some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook have been to a dozen or more shows. I can't imagine how much that must have cost.

Indeed. Just tickets alone. :o

I've noticed there are fans like this for a lot of bands not just Rush. They're so dedicated to their band that they save all their money and vacation time for when they tour.

Me, i've been able to afford to see them twice each over the last three tours. Anything more than that would be pushing it financially.

I do that for Iron Maiden. I also have hundreds of friends that do it for Maiden as well. Last tour alone I saw 32 gigs, in 13 different countries. Next year I've got 10 gigs planned so far, and probably another 6 or 7 once they finish announcing their tour. It's so much fun, and an excellent excuse to travel!

For R40, I saw 7 gigs. I probably wouldn't have done that many though if it weren't for the fact that Maiden didn't tour this year.

I know some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook have been to a dozen or more shows. I can't imagine how much that must have cost.

I've noticed there are fans like this for a lot of bands not just Rush. They're so dedicated to their band that they save all their money and vacation time for when they tour.

Me, i've been able to afford to see them twice each over the last three tours. Anything more than that would be pushing it financially.

I do that for Iron Maiden. I also have hundreds of friends that do it for Maiden as well. Last tour alone I saw 32 gigs, in 13 different countries. Next year I've got 10 gigs planned so far, and probably another 6 or 7 once they finish announcing their tour. It's so much fun, and an excellent excuse to travel!

For R40, I saw 7 gigs. I probably wouldn't have done that many though if it weren't for the fact that Maiden didn't tour this year.

Holy shit, I haven't seen 32 concerts period! let alone the same band! Awesome that it works out for you

Holy shit, I haven't seen 32 concerts period! let alone the same band! Awesome that it works out for you

Thanks - it's a lot of fun. I make sacrifices so I can do it - mainly working a job I hate because I have extremely flexible scheduling. It's tough to find a job where you can just take off for a month straight if you feel like it! But it's all worthwhile when I'm on the road.
  • Like 1

I limit myself to two shows per tour, unless an unforeseen circumstance allows more.

It's hard to justify more than that because the setlist is basically the same every night. This tour I only saw Boston, because Newark and MSG face values were $100 more for the exact same area. Looking at the variations of the lists, I got the best possible setlist of the tour.

Losing It would've been cool, but not an extra $100 cool, especially when the DVD will have it. If Rush were more like Bela Fleck, and completely mixed things up every night, it'd be worth it to see more.

• Like 1

From this board, I think x1yyz went to the most.

I saw nine.

Dang Girl!!!! 3 for me. Did I just say Dang??

Hey, it was their last tour so I had to get in as many shows as I could!

2 for me, St. Paul and a month later in Chicago. Made the drive to Chicago without a ticket and ended up getting 29th row at the box office a couple hours before the show. Had 4th row in St. Paul through pre-sale. Best damn Rush shows since my first Rush show a month after graduating from high school in 1981 for the Moving Pictures Tour!

I did three, Columbus, Buffalo, and Portland. In Columbus, I took my 15-year-old cousin who had never been to a live rock concert before, and in Portland, I went with my best friend from college (who had gotten me into RUSH in the first place, ten years ago). Was in Row 23 center on the floor in both Columbus and Buffalo, and in Row 9 on Alex's side in Portland. Also got to meet Howard Ungerleider and have him sign my R40 program. Couldn't think of a better three shows to (most likely) end my live RUSH experience.
  • Like 1

I did three, Columbus, Buffalo, and Portland. In Columbus, I took my 15-year-old cousin who had never been to a live rock concert before, and in Portland, I went with my best friend from college (who had gotten me into RUSH in the first place, ten years ago). Was in Row 23 center on the floor in both Columbus and Buffalo, and in Row 9 on Alex's side in Portland. Also got to meet Howard Ungerleider and have him sign my R40 program. Couldn't think of a better three shows to (most likely) end my live RUSH experience.

I went to both Columbus and Buffalo and Buffalo was by far the better show. At least I thought so. Alex acted like he was feeling better and smiled and moved around a lot more.

• Like 1

I did first night in Toronto, Montreal, Newark and New York.

Went solo to all, except Montreal. A co worker who likes everything from Moving Pictures and before came and he really enjoyed the show and was impressed with how well the post Moving Pictures material went down live. And he didn't mind Geddy's Vocals in the live setting, but still can't stand the way he sings nowadays when he watches YouTube videos, etc...

What a great trip it was to New York. My first time there, and just the whole experience was cool. The fans I was hanging out with on the train to the Newark show were interesting. 2 guys from Brooklyn, a couple from Ireland and their 9 year old daughter, and a couple from LA. They thought it was cool that I'm Canadian, because the band is too. Makes you really fall in love with the band more when you meet other traveling fans and hear their stories.

The show at MSG was just epic. Just being in that venue, in that city, and seeing my favourite band for possibly the final time was just an amazing outer body experience. I just wish I had bought 2 tickets, so the girl from my work that came with me for the trip could have seen the show.

• Like 1

I went to both Columbus and Buffalo and Buffalo was by far the better show. At least I thought so. Alex acted like he was feeling better and smiled and moved around a lot more.

I certainly thought all three shows were phenomenal. One major difference I noticed between Columbus and Buffalo was that the volume was WAY louder in Buffalo. I don't bring earplugs for RUSH because, despite the intense music, it almost never gets too loud to hurt my ears...but I sure wish I had a pair at the Buffalo show! I remember in Columbus during the second set, an older guy two rows ahead of me with a scraggly white beard got hauled out of there for lighting a joint (he wouldn't have had that problem in Portland, that's for sure!). I'd avoided the setlist leading up to Columbus, so almost everything was a surprise to me. I almost couldn't handle Jacob's Ladder/Hemispheres Prelude back-to-back. My cousin was probably thinking "What's WRONG with this guy?" He had a good time, though. He was mesmerized by the guitars, the drums, and the light show (but wasn't a huge fan of Geddy's voice...understandable for a kid who's used to current pop and rap, I suppose). The hardest part was lasting all the way until Portland in late July without telling my friend Mike about the setlist (he wanted to be surprised, too, and it took all I could muster to not tell him every single detail).

• Like 1

I certainly thought all three shows were phenomenal. One major difference I noticed between Columbus and Buffalo was that the volume was WAY louder in Buffalo. I don't bring earplugs for RUSH because, despite the intense music, it almost never gets too loud to hurt my ears...but I sure wish I had a pair at the Buffalo show! I remember in Columbus during the second set, an older guy two rows ahead of me with a scraggly white beard got hauled out of there for lighting a joint (he wouldn't have had that problem in Portland, that's for sure!). I'd avoided the setlist leading up to Columbus, so almost everything was a surprise to me. I almost couldn't handle Jacob's Ladder/Hemispheres Prelude back-to-back. My cousin was probably thinking "What's WRONG with this guy?" He had a good time, though. He was mesmerized by the guitars, the drums, and the light show (but wasn't a huge fan of Geddy's voice...understandable for a kid who's used to current pop and rap, I suppose). The hardest part was lasting all the way until Portland in late July without telling my friend Mike about the setlist (he wanted to be surprised, too, and it took all I could muster to not tell him every single detail).

It's funny but I didn't realize it was louder in Buffalo because I thought it was just where I was sitting but there was a difference. You were stronger than me. I could never stay unspoiled nowadays since the Internet. I want to know everything. :)

• Like 1

I noticed every show I did this year was considerably louder than I'm used to for Rush. I don't think I ever wore earplugs before this year for Rush, but I was kicking myself for not taking any to Tulsa. After that, I wore them for the rest of my shows.
  • Like 1

I noticed every show I did this year was considerably louder than I'm used to for Rush. I don't think I ever wore earplugs before this year for Rush, but I was kicking myself for not taking any to Tulsa. After that, I wore them for the rest of my shows.

Yeah my ears were making some really weird noises when I left the shows this time even with earplugs.

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough to be able to see eight shows. I like viewing from different perspectives. I saw the show from both sides, dead on across from stage lower level, back row of upper level as well as the front row. I'd get bored if I saw it from the same angle every time..

Great job filming Philly TH2.