Just curious who saw the most R40 shows

TexMike

I was fortunate enough to be able to see eight shows. I like viewing from different perspectives. I saw the show from both sides, dead on across from stage lower level, back row of upper level as well as the front row. I'd get bored if I saw it from the same angle every time..
  • Like 5

I was fortunate enough to be able to see eight shows. I like viewing from different perspectives. I saw the show from both sides, dead on across from stage lower level, back row of upper level as well as the front row. I'd get bored if I saw it from the same angle every time..

I agree. In Montreal we had seats in the back corner of the lower bowl. I noticed things at that show that I didn't see in in Atlanta or Toronto.

Only one for me (chicago). I could afford going to more, but the concert thing in general is kind of a hassle to me. I wouldn't want to over-do it to the point where it wasn't worthwhile. A lil dab will do.

I can't ever remember seeing the same movie more than 2-3 times, so I have a low tolerance for boredom with adhd tendencies (SQUIRREL!!).

However, the idea of seeing every show would be a neat bucket list thing to do given unlimited financial resources (winning lotto ticket).

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I like to do a couple shows because it is almost too much to take in on one show. Plus different seats give you completely different experiences.

My god man 4 times front row in open sales that is some luck right there you need to play the lottery(I loved front row but would need at least one show further back)

I have the WORST luck at the lottery! :huh:

I only came up with one theory. My grandfather had just passed away, and I think his spirit invaded the ticketmaster servers to help cheer me up. Thanks, Pop! :rush:

• Like 2

I enjoyed a personal best of 7 on this tour! I hit 2 first leg shows with Lincoln and DC. I pair of mountain journeys in Denver and Salt Lake. And a western madness tour with Vegas, Irvine, and LA!!! I've never had son much Rush fun and love as I have this year. I will admit that by the time I got to LA I was emotionally and physically worked. I took in so much this time I felt like I was in my own little piece of the Rush galaxy. Standing in the abyss of the disco ball hanging off the edge of the Forum bowl as my heroes assumed control will resonate forever! Thank you RUSH!!!
  • Like 1

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

And no I don't mean by periscope. :)

I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.

Well...not quite.

Stevie followed the band for a while. She saw Philly and then went home (life on the road is not easy and not cheap). I'm not sure how many shows she hit after the NYC break, or if she went to KC, but I know she was in SoCal (I presume Irvine). I know LA because you sent me a photo (Alex's side before the show). I was with you and Animate in spirit that night and, in hind sight, should have planned it better to have been there in reality. :doh:

For the record, I don't think this is Rush's last show. Probably the last tour though and I don't think they'll play Boston again.

Number of Rush shows attended on this tour:

One!

And it was *awesome*! :yay:

• Like 5

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

And no I don't mean by periscope. :)

I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.

Yeah, I met Stevie at the Tulsa show, and gave her a ticket to Lincoln, so I know she hit the first two. I talked with her in Chicago, Montreal and LA, but I can't remember if we saw one another in KC or not.

Some chick named Stevie. She probably went to all of them.

I was on a RUSH lyrics game team with Stevie at RushCon. The L.A. show was 21 for her.... dang...

I made it to 3. Detroit, Denver and L.A. Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%201August2015%20The%20Fabulous%20Forum/IMG_0163_zpshetgdqfg.jpg

I made it to 2. Newark and MSG. (MSG being my 28th Rush show overall).

But I saw about 15 nights on the Scope.... if that counts for anything.

• Like 2

I saw 2 (Tampa & Philly) bringing my life total to 49. Started in 1984 and peaked on the TFE tour with 11. Considering factors such as my career, wife, 3 kids, and semi-pro hobby, there's no way I could justify doing more.

This thread relates to a question posted elsewhere about the possibility of future "mini-tours" - which I think are doubtful for a number of reasons related to the crew, expense, and the band themselves - but I wonder: how many nights Rush could sell out MSG or similar if tickets were $400+ face value? Obviously, there are people in this thread that have the time and means and would go to every single night (hell, some almost hit all 35 on the R40 tour! damn!) But really, could they sell out MSG or similar 5 nights in a row with elevated ticket prices? Just thinking from my own experience, as diehard fan as they come, with all that is going on in my life, I just could not justify more than a couple. Obviously there are enough fans, but are there enough with the time/means/ability/desire to travel and stay in NYC to fill MSG, with elevated price tickets, for a week? I don't see it.

i did 23 on this tour to bring my lifetime total to 178 since 1983....

in the photo, there is 28 shows, 23 shows, 24 shows, me and 29 shows for a total of 127 among the 5 of us...

img_5187.jpg

Haha! Those are 5 awesome peeps right there! Glad I got to meet you on this tour Mike. It was fun partying with you and The Dubber before the Seattle show, though I could have done without the bird pooping on my Rush jersey! :rage: Hope to see you at a kRUSH show sometime soon. :cheers:

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

^^ That's called "way too much disposable income." :LOL:

I'd like to have that disposable income myself, let me tell you. :)

Yeah me too. :)

• Like 1

I saw 2 (Tampa & Philly) bringing my life total to 49. Started in 1984 and peaked on the TFE tour with 11. Considering factors such as my career, wife, 3 kids, and semi-pro hobby, there's no way I could justify doing more.

This thread relates to a question posted elsewhere about the possibility of future "mini-tours" - which I think are doubtful for a number of reasons related to the crew, expense, and the band themselves - but I wonder: how many nights Rush could sell out MSG or similar if tickets were $400+ face value? Obviously, there are people in this thread that have the time and means and would go to every single night (hell, some almost hit all 35 on the R40 tour! damn!) But really, could they sell out MSG or similar 5 nights in a row with elevated ticket prices? Just thinking from my own experience, as diehard fan as they come, with all that is going on in my life, I just could not justify more than a couple. Obviously there are enough fans, but are there enough with the time/means/ability/desire to travel and stay in NYC to fill MSG, with elevated price tickets, for a week? I don't see it.

Rush would sell out a ten show tour, say 5 MSG and 5 In LA in minutes, if not seconds. As far as elevated ticket pries, prime floor and lowers could easily fetch $375 - $500 and the balance at $100-$200. Alternatively, They could add TO and then do three in each city. Probably could not get the high NYC prices in TO, judging by what the R40 resale markets listed. They did only 4 R40 shows in the NE, and tickets were scarce and expensive.

The economics and demand are easy, the liklihood however...

Edited by Gabrielgil513