And the winner is? PHILLY!

johnnyonthespot

I saw the opening night and St. Louis the following week. St. Louis was killer. The music was louder and they nailed pretty much everything.

The periscope was much appreciated. It was great thanks Elk Man

Thank You and....

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I remember EagleMoon thought my comment stating you sound like an "elk calling his bitch" low class. I knew you'd get it.

It's not hard for me to Gee Haw with someone from a place called Goatnut. ;)

Right on brotha man. BTW, last night I was on my back deck listening to the night life, and I smelled autumn. You know what that means dude!

Yepper! I long for the smell of acorns and tarsal glands! Just a few more months. Bow season here opens in late September and then heading to Idaho for muley's in October.

Just leave me alone from September to February!

The deer are gettin' nervous...you gotta film some of that Idaho trip, then post it. Would love to see that.

I saw the opening night and St. Louis the following week. St. Louis was killer. The music was louder and they nailed pretty much everything.

The periscope was much appreciated. It was great thanks Elk Man

Thank You and....

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I remember EagleMoon thought my comment stating you sound like an "elk calling his bitch" low class. I knew you'd get it.

It's not hard for me to Gee Haw with someone from a place called Goatnut. ;)

Right on brotha man. BTW, last night I was on my back deck listening to the night life, and I smelled autumn. You know what that means dude!

Yepper! I long for the smell of acorns and tarsal glands! Just a few more months. Bow season here opens in late September and then heading to Idaho for muley's in October.

Just leave me alone from September to February!

The deer are gettin' nervous...you gotta film some of that Idaho trip, then post it. Would love to see that.

Maybe scope it? :o
  • Like 1

I was at the Newark show and felt it was just amazing, crowd and band on fire and fueling each each other. This was a Rush tour for the ages and everyone probably thinks shows they were at are 'the best'. All 34 were no doubt fantastic..no need to split hairs over levels of concert perfection.

I thought the Newark crowd left a bit to be desired. The closest lower bowl section to the stage on Alex's side sat down through much of the show.

From my vantage point, they seemed to really step up to another level for the 2nd Toronto show in comparison to the 4 shows I had seen up to that point. I wasn't at the Montreal and Boston shows, but I'm told they kept it up there for both, and Philly was next in line, and I felt like the Philly show was even a little better than Toronto II. I will admit I have difficulty being objective though - Philly is my hometown venue, and I was front row right in front of Geddy for that show. Philly was also one of the toughest tickets to find of the entire tour. I was extremely proud of how we represented ourselves, and love the fact that johnnyonthespot (a non-Philadelphian) singled out this show as the "most electric" audience. We get a lot of bad raps from a lot of outsiders, but many bands over the years (Rush included!) have enjoyed feeding off of the unsurpassed enthusiasm we bring to a concert.

Taking the audience electricity out of the equation, I think Toronto II, Philly, and LA were the best performances of the dozen shows I saw.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 1

As far as live, can only comment on Tulsa, Bristow, Philly, and Denver. The Denver show was probably the best I've seen them (since '79). If you're talking the crowd, Philly was the least favorite, very subdued crowd in the first 15 rows. Don't know why, but was surprised since it sold out so fast. I'm not throwing stones, just what I observed.

It would be interesting to go song by song for each show and pick out which ones were the best. Not that I have that kind of patience, but maybe someone does. :)

I was at the Newark show and felt it was just amazing, crowd and band on fire and fueling each each other. This was a Rush tour for the ages and everyone probably thinks shows they were at are 'the best'. All 34 were no doubt fantastic..no need to split hairs over levels of concert perfection.

I thought the Newark crowd left a bit to be desired. The closest lower bowl section to the stage on Alex's side sat down through much of the show.

That sucks, oh well from front section floor level where we were everyone was rocking out :rush:

• Like 1

Clearly, you fail to understand the underlying premise of TRF. ;)

We also split hairs about which Geddy could beat up which Geddy, the size of Alex's bald spot and the amount of contempt in which Neil hold the fans and by extension humanity.

:dweez: :moose: :gumby: :16ton: :heart: :syrinx: :facepalm: :smoke: :D :cool: :wacko: :blink:

From my vantage point, they seemed to really step up to another level for the 2nd Toronto show in comparison to the 4 shows I had seen up to that point. I wasn't at the Montreal and Boston shows, but I'm told they kept it up there for both, and Philly was next in line, and I felt like the Philly show was even a little better than Toronto II. I will admit I have difficulty being objective though - Philly is my hometown venue, and I was front row right in front of Geddy for that show. Philly was also one of the toughest tickets to find of the entire tour. I was extremely proud of how we represented ourselves, and love the fact that johnnyonthespot (a non-Philadelphian) singled out this show as the "most electric" audience. We get a lot of bad raps from a lot of outsiders, but many bands over the years (Rush included!) have enjoyed feeding off of the unsurpassed enthusiasm we bring to a concert.

Taking the audience electricity out of the equation, I think Toronto II, Philly, and LA were the best performances of the dozen shows I saw.

Boston was the best that I've seen them ... ever (24 shows over 14 tours)

• Like 1

To me, the second Toronto show was pivotal- I saw them in Bristow to end leg 1- and they were still "rehearsing." But that night in Canada-everything came together and from then on- the RUSH caravan thundered onward to LA. Chicago, Philly, LA stand out to my ears and eyes. Edited by celticsalmon
  • Like 1

no matter what. somehow we wont be satisfied with this upcoming dvd..

:LOL:

What kind of shoes is Geddy wearing during this show? I like them.

Lorraine, better use the New World Woman thread for that one...

• Like 1

What kind of shoes is Geddy wearing during this show? I like them.

Lorraine, better use the New World Woman thread for that one...

I'm serious. He's wearing a nice pair of suede shoes the first half of the show, and I was wondering what kind they are (if anyone knows). They look like they might come up to the ankles, but his jeans never crept up and got stuck in them.

The best show is the one you were at. It was a nice moment at the end of the LA show, but for those who were at different shows, does it really matter? They played the exact same setlist LA as MSG, which I thought by far was the worst set of the four shows I was at. I didn't see NEP stand in front with his bandmates...oh well. Would I trade Nat Sci, and YYZed for that??. Given that C was totally killer, that is some tough competition for LA.

The DEW train wreck in Bristow was perhaps my highlight of the tour, how they were simultaneously in different parts of the song, played an extra verse and battled thru it to make it right. It was beyond interesting. THAT version of DEW was played once in the history of Rush. If you weren't there, you might say, so what. Point made. Rush has refused to call LA the final show, but fans need to make drama.

when they release new songs in three years, the Forum will be a distant memory, especially for those thousands of miles away.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

Cool, fun read while I listen to tapehead's Philly! I feel lucky to have 7 very unique journeys. DC(as I like to think of it as, what's Bristow!?!) seems to pretty much stand out as the seismic low of the tour? Horrible venue for sure, whats with a roof like that? Although a personal fave since I visited the DC mall and Rush with my bro in the same day! Lincoln was a great non spoiler/holy shit show for me, but I like the earlier mention of the first leg "rehearsing". Denver had a very, very good crowd! I'm of course bias as a native Coloradan, but the crowd that night knew where they were and you could hear it. I was in LA and I'm telling you Denver was more there. The band was probably the tightest I heard that night as well, it's hard to imagine Denver not coming in high(pun intended)! Salt Lake is probably one of the smaller venues the guy's played this year, they played tight that night too, as for the crowd? Utah, what else can I say, polite, bright and cool, typical Rush crowd, I was front row didn't really know they were there. Vegas was a typical Vegas great show. I've seen the band there every time they have played there during the "Evening With Rush" era and they always play a nice solid show there!! Irvine is sneaking in as possibly the overall winner for me personaly, not because it was the greatest of the shows, which it was a very ranking, I think it might be the last fun/normal/pleasant show for all 3 guys, outside, classic Cali show for the ages! The setlist itself leads the way, YYZ and Natural Science surged a true R40 time warp that night and I didn't come back to Earth till Sunday! Then there is LA! As Rushhead will eternally echo will have to best ever yes? Well, it unfolds as truly epic indeed, Losing It leading the charge for any non believing remnants, we are treated to the perfect Rush show, all in, together as one. Neil getting the last laugh! Just how we all hoped and dreamed.

I'm watching Tapehead's show now. She did an absolutely beautiful job.

It's unfortunate that Ged's voice that night was in bad shape compared to the rest of the tour.

Who ran the videos behind them? They did a really great job of capturing the best.