Flying Out of the Shockwave on that August Day

Perchance to Dream

Thank you sir. I had this album when it was first released. I loaned it to the hotshot guitarist who lived near me. Guy was an accomplished musician who took lessons from Al Di Meola. His words when he gave it back to me: "They've got a real good guitarist."
  • Like 2

I cannot fathom the weight on Truman's shoulders when he made his final decision. He, more than likely, saved millions of lives. That being said, his decision resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilian lives.

Unimaginable...

Edited by Perchance to Dream
  • Like 1

So Narps, what was it like for you to ready about this in the paper when it happened?

:o

:outtahere:

it's cute that you would get offended for narp's sake but I don't think narp's the type to get upset by a joke like that. :LOL:

• Like 1

Love Bomb------The Tubes

Underrated

I actually never knew they had a song besides "She's a Beauty."

Wow! Buddy! The Tubes are huge out here in the Bay Area! "Talk To Ya Later" is great! "Sushi Girl!"

But the all time classics are

"What Do You Want From Life?" and "WHITE PUNKS ON DOPE!"

• Like 2

http://media.giphy.com/media/5eM4x8fxZNzPO/giphy.gif

"Shoot a fella could have a good time in Vegas with this stuff"

You know "Strangelove" did cross my mind. So did "Distant Early Warning" and "The Weapon" but we all know those.

• Like 1

Excellent reads.....I highly recommend them.

http://images.indiebound.com/783/813/9780684813783.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CBol%2ByVVL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So Narps, what was it like for you to ready about this in the paper when it happened?

:o

:outtahere:

it's cute that you would get offended for narp's sake but I don't think narp's the type to get upset by a joke like that. :LOL:

Cute? Haha...

I promise you, there isn't anything about me that's cute.

I thought it was pretty brazen and funny for Rod to post that, though...I certainly didn't see it coming.

• Like 2

Hiroshima Mon Amour

Akira Kurosawa

Fixed, a little.

The Movie Making Mozart

Indeed.

I knew those film classes I took in college would pay off someday.

It was indeed a catastrophy.

Some people really believe they were heroes doing it?

Only because the act of dropping those bombs brought an end to World War II- and if they had not done it, the war in the Pacific could have gone on for a much, much longer time.

Only because the act of dropping those bombs brought an end to World War II- and if they had not done it, the war in the Pacific could have gone on for a much, much longer time.

We'll never know what would have happened if they hadn't been dropped. It's all theory and guessing.

• Like 1

We'll never know what would have happened if they hadn't been dropped. It's all theory and guessing.

True.

70 years ago today, the Enola Gay dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Three days later, the B-29 Superfortress Bockscar dropped the second atomic bomb on Nagasaki, bringing an end to the Second World War.

Actually, technically, World War II never ended. Japan and the USSR/Russia never signed a treaty to stop fighting each other, and to this day, the two are still in a territorial dispute over the Kuril Islands, which were seized by the USSR during World War II.

Not that it's likely they'll start lobbing bombs at each other or anything.

Edited by New World Kid