Keith Richards calls The Beatles Sgt. Peppers "rubbish" and "shit"

treeduck

It's too bad The Beatles broke up when they did. The Stones were untouchable from Beggars Banquet to Goats Head Soup. Where The Beatles would have gone from Abbey Road (the last album they actually worked on) is an interesting question.

Better to leave us wanting more than to continue like the Rolling Stones and make some garbage

I love Abbey Road, Let It Be was very underrated.

Yup, they ended great!

The Naked version is better than Spector's IMO.

I have yet to hear it. I didn't know this, so I will remedy that.

What is different about it?

As said, the biggest difference, other than the track list, is that Let It Be and The Long and Winding Road don't have the strings and choral backgrounds. They sound much, much better IMO.

• Like 1

Let it be......Naked made me like it. Because the original was the only Beatles album i really disliked. Spector did awful things with that material.

Mick

I thought I was alone...oddly though I love so many songs on this album, but it is ruined by the production.

• Like 1

Just wonder if he`s heard himself play guitar the last decade .

Rubbish and shit would be a complement .

I digress .

Just like to know which album he thinks of the Stones that is better than Pepper ?

The only Stones album that is worthy of "one of the greatest albums of all time " is Sticky Fingers and that`s just a good blues rock album which there are a hell of lot of "Blues rock " abums that blow that one out of the water .

I`m a Stones fan BTW , so I know what I`m talking about .

Unlike Keith .

He wasn't comparing the Beatles and the Stones. He ripped both Pepper and Satanic. I think his point was the Beatles and Stones got caught up in the whole Psychedelic movement and forgot to be rock and roll bands. I think he has a point, since the Stones and the Beatles both went back to their "roots" on the following albums - The Beatles and Beggars Banquet.

I did`nt read it . :LOL:

I just get a bit naffed when you get people having a go at the greatest 40 minutes of music in Musical history

That`s just my opinion of course .

As I say though the Stones are not a band that can go round slagging off albums when most of theirs are just average .

A great singles band 65- 83 and same goes as a live band about the sane period but really who goes to a Stones gig to listen to the new albums

They became one of the first " Brand" bands and they really should not knock a band that gave them a leg up to get a label !

As for 1967 !

My god it has to be the greatest 12 Months of Music ever ! :finbar:

Let it be......Naked made me like it. Because the original was the only Beatles album i really disliked. Spector did awful things with that material.

Mick

I thought I was alone...oddly though I love so many songs on this album, but it is ruined by the production.

Paul obviously agreed with you.

• Like 2

Oh I see now .

He has a new album to plug .

No need to hear that as I know for a fact it will be rubbish and shit .

I wonder if he has Mick Taylor backing him up like he had at Glastonbury .

Which was Rubbish and shit .

So shit that they must have burned the film reels that had the unfortunate job of filming the god awful set .

I think I`m done now .

I`m a Stones fan btw .

Keith may have fallen out of one tree too many...

Sgt. P much better album than SMR.

That's right, I said it!

Edited by librarian

That's right, I said it!

Not exactly a bold statement

I don't care what kind of hate and threats I'll get for saying this, but f**k it.... led zeppelin is better than huey lewis and the news! there!! it's out there!

• Like 1

That's right, I said it!

Not exactly a bold statement

I don't care what kind of hate and threats I'll get for saying this, but f**k it.... led zeppelin is better than huey lewis and the news! there!! it's out there!

I know this may not be popular but Iron Maiden with Bruce Dickinson is a lot better than Iron Maiden with Blaze Bayley

• Like 1

Huey Lewis is more fun than Led Zep

X Factor is a fantastic Maiden album

all 90s maiden sucks, and if it weren't for back to the future and american psycho nobody would remember who huey lewis is

And Oliver And Company haha!

I agree but I am glad I discovered him.

Nineties Maiden is the worst Maiden. But it is not bad Maiden.

Led Zep I know because the world tells me I should know them. But I prefer the no longer relevant Huey Lewis.

But you are right...aside from movie soundtracks I am sure he would lie completely forgotten!

• Like 1

if it weren't for back to the future and american psycho nobody would remember who huey lewis is

Not true (unless you weren't around in the 80s). Huey & the News were already well-overplayed before BTTF or American Psycho.

I'm not saying they weren't popular when you were a kid. I just meant that nobody younger than 40 would know who they were if they hadn't been immortalized in two popular films that remained popular even after the decades they were released (unlike huey lewis). but people on TRF are into starship and rick astley, so it wouldn't surprise me if the remaining die-hard huey lewis fans are all on this board.

here's a video where huey even makes fun of the popular scene that makes fun of him.

if it weren't for back to the future and american psycho nobody would remember who huey lewis is

Not true (unless you weren't around in the 80s). Huey & the News were already well-overplayed before BTTF or American Psycho.

I'm not saying they weren't popular when you were a kid. I just meant that nobody younger than 40 would know who they were if they hadn't been immortalized in two popular films that remained popular even after the decades they were released (unlike huey lewis). but people on TRF are into starship and rick astley, so it wouldn't surprise me if the remaining die-hard huey lewis fans are all on this board.

here's a video where huey even makes fun of the popular scene that makes fun of him.

Well, big difference between "nobody" and "nobody younger than 40"...as I said with "unless you weren't around in the 80s". I wish he went away back then but MTV and radio constantly played him in the mid 80s. It's the reason his stuff made it onto BTTF and American Psycho. Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk15H6PjBis

Well, big difference between "nobody" and "nobody younger than 40"...as I said with "unless you weren't around in the 80s". I wish he went away back then but MTV and radio constantly played him in the mid 80s. It's the reason his stuff made it onto BTTF and American Psycho. Anyway...

yeah, I should've been more specific for you anal rush freaks. :P

"if you weren't alive between 1983-1987 and have not seen back to the future or american psycho, there is a slight chance that you might not know who huey lewis is." better?

"if you weren't alive between 1983-1987 and have not seen back to the future or american psycho, there is a slight chance that you might not know who huey lewis is." better?

No.

Your comments on music astound me.

I get the Huey Lewis deal. I love "FORE!"

But as for "X-Factor" if it was toilet paper I would wipe my anus with that record and flush it down the black hole of mediocrity.

• Like 2

Your comments on music astound me.

I get the Huey Lewis deal. I love "FORE!"

But as for "X-Factor" if it was toilet paper I would wipe my anus with that record and flush it down the black hole of mediocrity.

The album is really good if you have patience!

Definitely not close to the top of the pile, but I find much to enjoy in every Maiden album.

Because Huey's time has long since passed. It's hard to overstate how HUGE he was in the early 80s though. If you sat and watched MTV for an hour in 1983 you'd see a video of his AT LEAST once.

Talk about hijacked threads...

OK, let's talk about them!