Keith Richards calls The Beatles Sgt. Peppers "rubbish" and "shit"

treeduck

Keith RIchards: No, I understand—the 
Beatles sounded great when they were the Beatles. But there's not a lot of roots in that music. I think they got carried away. Why not? If you're the Beatles in the '60s, you just get carried away—you forget what it is you wanted to do. You're starting to do Sgt. Pepper. Some people think it's a genius album, but I think it's a mishmash of rubbish, kind of like Satanic Majesties—"Oh, if you can make a load of shit, so can we."

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/interviews/a36899/keith-richards-interview-0915/

LOL!!! Is this a joke?

The Steel Wheelchairs did "Satanic" to try and copy the Beatles "Peppers" album.

Richards is full of shit and overrated. Watts is the only good player in the band. Ringo sucks.

Signed,

"LET IT BLEED"

I mean "SHE CUMS IN COLORS"

• Like 1

Sgt Pepper is absolutely rubbish. And I know people who were there and Beatles fans who think the exact same thing.

It has some amazing stuff, but the not so amazing stuff is shockingly bad.

It's the only Beatles album I own (I have heard others, though). But since watching the Rutles movie, I've actually got more into the Beatles :LOL:

I may pick up some more

• Like 2

It's the only Beatles album I own (I have heard others, though). But since watching the Rutles movie, I've actually got more into the Beatles :LOL:

I may pick up some more

Without the Sgt Peppers album, the movie with Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees would never have been made. Think about that the next time you criticize the album.

• Like 5

Sgt Pepper is absolutely rubbish. And I know people who were there and Beatles fans who think the exact same thing.

Shockingly bad? :eyeroll:

I agree that both the Stones & Beatles are over hyped. Early Beatles especially...that shit sucks. As for the Stones...just a bunch of white boys trying to play the blues. At least Zep did it with some balls & bombast.

Balls and bombast and flat out theft.

This isn't anything that hasn't been said before.

It's not surprising that Keith Richards doesn't like psychedelic music. He doesn't exactly endorse the Stones attempt at it.

John Lennon wasn't very impressed with Sgt. Peppers, either.

Personally, I find it a wonderful album that's not in my top five Beatles albums.

• Like 1

I'm going to land squarely in the middle on this one. While I don't find it rubbish, I've always felt it was overrated. I've always preferred Revolver and Rubber Soul. I don't really like the concept either.
  • Like 2

I'm going to land squarely in the middle on this one. While I don't find it rubbish, I've always felt it was overrated. I've always preferred Revolver and Rubber Soul. I don't really like the concept either.

Like John Lennon said, there is no concept. Paul McCartney likes to push a concept because it's mostly his material on the album.

Oh for f**k's sake. Keith's dad's ashes are messing with what's left of his senile brain.

Satanic was a mess, because the Stones did not have the songwriting nous(Brian was melting down) at the time & they didn't have George Martin.

Sgt. Pepper, although it has dated in parts, is glorious. It's prog, it's pop, it's musichall, a wonderful mess of a thing, it comes in colours everywhere, it's like a RAYYYNNNNBOOOOWWWWWWW!

I love you Keith, but you're just being a withered old c***.

• Like 5

Sgt. Pepper's is awesome, I love it way way more than the White Album (which everybody and their mom thinks is the bee's knees).

It's not my fav beatles album. but it ain't rubbish. not with stuff like Getting Better, Lucy in the Sky, She's Leaving homre and A Day in the Life on it.

Now Pet Sounds the album that often competes with it is rubbish.

Not that that's important here.....but it is, lol

Mick

• Like 1

It's not my fav beatles album. but it ain't rubbish. not with stuff like Getting Better, Lucy in the Sky, She's Leaving homre and A Day in the Life on it.

Mick

Wouldn't it be nice and God only knows are as good as any song written by Lennon/McCartney, maybe better but I don't like the comparison either. Differnt things entirely.

Mick

Wouldn't it be nice and God only knows are as good as any song written by Lennon/McCartney, maybe better but I don't like the comparison either. Differnt things entirely.

Those are the only two songs on Pet Sounds i like. But yea i agree the comparison shouldn't be there....but i was just giving an example of an album i WOULD call Rubbish, lol

Mick

Coming from a Bon Jovi lover. :LOL:

• Like 3

Coming from a Bon Jovi lover. :LOL:

Lol. Nice one. my bud Segue is sure one to talk.

lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Your opinion of Pet Sounds is so rubbish it makes filthy look clean. Gggggggrrrrrrrr

*bro hug*

• Like 2

Mick

Your opinion of Pet Sounds is so rubbish it makes filthy look clean. Gggggggrrrrrrrr

*bro hug*

you know i just said that as Segue bait, lol.

i'm so mature.

Mick

• Like 2