Paging Mike Portnoy!

Maverick

You are needed to be Rush's third drummer.

But you will only be needed for tours.

Neil will still write and record with Geddy and Alex.

Who's with me?

I am not with you. Mike sucks at Rush covers. Have you seen the Cygnus And The Sea Monsters dvd? JUNK

Give me Danny Carey. Who's with me?

Nick D'Virgilio or Tim Alexander are actually more inventive drummers than Portnoy...(don't know enough Tool to comment on Danny Carey)

Who's with me?

I am not with you. Mike sucks at Rush covers. Have you seen the Cygnus And The Sea Monsters dvd? JUNK

Give me Danny Carey. Who's with me?

Nick D'Virgilio or Tim Alexander are actually more inventive drummers than Portnoy...(don't know enough Tool to comment on Danny Carey)

Couldn't disagree more. Portnoy is very creative. He gets a lot of hate....cough...cough...because of his ego and over-playing, but the drumming polls speak for themselves. He's ruled the drumming polls for a decade and like Mike likes to say.....there are no "best" drummers....only favorites.

About the only stuff of his that I can tolerate is Transatlantic, and I think that it's mostly because Neal Morse keeps him in check as the main writer/producer. (as well as what he plays when he does Neal's solo stuff) Everything else Mike plays on is just overplayed, notes for the sake of notes, "wow, look at me, I can play double bass" rot!

Once he got past Falling Into Infinity, he started playing a lot of the same stuff over and over, and his musicality suffered. OCCASIONALLY he'd play something not as over blown, but it seemed that as the years wore on, he was in a war with Petrucci to see who could play the most notes on each album...his "side projects" are just more notes for the sake of notes...

Sorry, not much of a fan of his later years... (and wouldn't be a fan of him playing anything Rush related)

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 1

I tell ya this. if it happens i'm paying front row just so i can wear a Dramatic Turn of Events t-shirt, lol

Mick

You could throw his rubbish albums and smack him in the smug ass face.

Rip his drumskins by throwing darts.

Every time he opens his mouth throw marbles down his throat.

Check me out being mean! My ass is so bad...

• Like 1

I tell ya this. if it happens i'm paying front row just so i can wear a Dramatic Turn of Events t-shirt, lol

Mick

I wanna see if i can get him to write me an angry "macho" twitter rant about me.......and then back pedal 10 seconds later, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I wanna see if i can get him to write me an angry "macho" twitter rant about me.......and then back pedal 10 seconds later, lol

Mick

Or just tell him he was great on the last Dream Theater album, and that you had never heard him give such a grand performance before.

Then throw his face down to the ground and fart every flavour into his eyes.

• Like 1

Who's with me?

http://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

:LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RNW90Q2YJk

Edited by condemned2bfree

Who's with me?

Will they play Red Lenses?

There is no replacing Neil in Rush

But if Rush is over and Geddy and Alex want to still play and create a new project then a new drummer is needed

If the other two want to perform and get a fill in drummer for their own material and covers and a bit of Rush for shows then there is no better option than Gavin Harrison

Tim Alexander would be great too

Geddy and Alex already are friends with Gavin and Tim so it would work and could be very good

I was chatting with Mike on AIM last night, and he's open to it.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c1/c1f806455516ad8bfb2a95a875348d4d27903996ec4bf48af01ed8d73cfe6cea.jpg

• Like 1

I learned so much from the "Beyond the Lighted Stage" video and the companionship, friendship, respect, and compromise between Alex, Geddy and Neil is something very strong and unique.

40+ years and still together, through all they have been through.

There is something so strong here that I don't believe any of them would continue under the Rush name if one of them wasn't available.

There are some fantastic individual singers, bass players, guitarists and drummers, and occasionally some of them can get together and make it work as a band.

One of the greatest examples, if not the greatest example of this is Rush... 1974-2015.

Edited by Duke1