Rush Concerts Attended Before 1985

Lorraine

There were of course like 14 other Pgh tours but I was posting early 80s....

Yes, that's what I am interested in - 70's and 80's. I want to know who the hard core Rush veterans are here. The further back you go, the more hard core you are. :)

Edited by Lorraine

I don't think anyone here has seen them on the FBN and "down the tubes" tours. I'd have to go back and read through again to make sure.

Mr. JD has...I beleive

We should crown him King of the Forum then. :)

And you should do an exclusive YBG interview with him. Complete with snapshots. :)

• Like 1

June 18th, 1981 Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle WA

May 26th, 1984 Cow Palace San Francisco CA

Missed the Signals tour because they skipped Seattle for some reason. I was incredibly jealous when a girl showed up at school with a Signals concert T. Her older brother drove her up to Vancouver B.C. to see the show.

You can just catch me before Closer to the Heart on the ASOHs video, best was Signals tour in 1983.

Why so? What made it the best?

Well it was basically ESL with the Signals songs attached. Middle section of The Weapon was orgasmic if that's the word. Also witnessed Countdown and Chemistry plus previous tours in the UK were in the big 'cattle sheds'. This was the first gig where there were seats. Edited by tas7
  • Like 1

Id like to know if anyone saw the show where Geddy was hit with a bottle...? It was I think Power Windows maybe?.... I think they avoided that city for awhile after that?....

Anyone remember that?

There were of course like 14 other Pgh tours but I was posting early 80s....

Yes, that's what I am interested in - 70's and 80's. I want to know who the hard core Rush veterans are here. The further back you go, the more hard core you are. :)

Not claiming to be hardcore, but ive loved rush since i was 14 or so. Im almost 51 now so it has been a long run.

The one thing i will say is that has always impressed me is that they stayed together so long. This in itself is something to be admired

• Like 2

Id like to add while Signal was my first tour...I became a fan when Permanant Waves was about a month old.....and remember when MP was new...;)....

I don't think anyone here has seen them on the FBN and "down the tubes" tours. I'd have to go back and read through again to make sure.

Mr. JD has...I beleive

I did. November 75 at the Akron Civic Theater. It was my second show.

• Like 3

Mr. JD has...I believe

I knew it. Do I get a gold star and an interview? The Yukon Blade Grinder will pay BIG monopoly dollars to you bud. You're famous here Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Mr. JD has...I believe

I knew it. Do I get a gold star and an interview? The Yukon Blade Grinder will pay BIG monopoly dollars to you bud. You're famous here

Sure! As long as I don't have to travel to the YBG world headquarters in Goatnut to do the interview!

• Like 1

Akron civic eh? how about 1977 cleveland public hall on the KINGS tour?

Yes. Didn't Edgar Winter open for them at that show? I think that was the first tour they didn't play the Civic Theater. I know on the Hemispheres tour they started playing the Richfield Coliseum. April Wine opened for them on that tour.

I think the tour I remember most (besides the past 20 years) is Moving Pictures. They played the Richfield Coliseum for two nights the day after my 21st birthday. By that time my parents finally understood my obsession with Rush and got me tickets for both nights for my birthday. That is the Tour FM opened for them. I remember hearing "Up To You" and having to run out the next day and buying "City Of Fear".
  • Like 1

You can just catch me before Closer to the Heart on the ASOHs video, best was Signals tour in 1983.

Well it was basically ESL with the Signals songs attached. Middle section of The Weapon was orgasmic if that's the word. Also witnessed Countdown and Chemistry plus previous tours in the UK were in the big 'cattle sheds'. This was the first gig where there were seats.

Perfect description because that's exactly what it was, and still is when I watch it.

Well it was basically ESL with the Signals songs attached. Middle section of The Weapon was orgasmic if that's the word. Also witnessed Countdown and Chemistry plus previous tours in the UK were in the big 'cattle sheds'. This was the first gig where there were seats.

Perfect description because that's exactly what it was, and still is when I watch it.

MOM !! MOM !! MOM !! LORRAINE SAYS SHE LIKES MIDDLE SECTIONS AND WATCHING ORGASMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN CATTLE SHEDS !

• Like 1

Oddly enough, there's been recent research as to whether you can have an orgasm listening to music.

What kind of person would have to be a test subject for that? :LOL:

• Like 3