What US city should I visit first?

The Analog Grownup

What US city should I visit first?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What US city should I visit first?

• New York
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Las Vegas
    • Seattle
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • Orlando
    • Ft. Lauderdale
    • San Francisco
    • Goatnut
    • Stay away!
    • One you haven't listed (please tell me which one)

I picked San Francisco even though I think the place is generally loony tunes (politics and so forth). I spent 4 days there once with my wife and it's about as beautiful and "cool" a city as I have ever seen personally. Absent that Myrtle Beach SC wouldn't be a bad place to visit either... :)
  • Like 1

Tell us a little more about yourself. Traveling alone, with spouse, with kids? Any particular interests, shopping, outdoors, beaches? It's a big ass country

Yes if you'd like more than just basic votes.

I picked San Francisco even though I think the place is generally loony tunes (politics and so forth). I spent 4 days there once with my wife and it's about as beautiful and "cool" a city as I have ever seen personally. Absent that Myrtle Beach SC wouldn't be a bad place to visit either... :)

Nah, SF is completely normal. The rest of the country is full of weirdos. ;)

• Like 3

Philadelphia. It's a great city to visit with loads to see & do.

http://media.philly.com/images/hitchbot_dismembered.jpg

Agreed

:rfl: Sorry but that just hit the spot...

As far as cities go, SF is pretty. It's built on hills and surrounded on three sides by water. Drive an hour and you can be in farmland, wine country, or still in suburbia. Drive a few hours and you'll see some of the most gorgeous wilderness, tall mountains, and the tallest trees in the world.

We are very ethnically and culturally diverse here. I think the city is slightly less than 50% white, and there are people from all over the world here, with large populations from eastern & southeastern Asia, and Central America. You can't throw a rock without hitting a good restaurant.

The downside? It's probably the most expensive place in this country, there are thousands of homeless people, and public transit is less than ideal.

• Like 3

All US big cities have pockets of weirdos. Unfortunately NYC is letting the weirdos start to run-a-muck again. I'm not talking the fun arty weirdos but the type to soil themselves and not know it.
  • Like 1

All US big cities have pockets of weirdos. Unfortunately NYC is letting the weirdos start to run-a-muck again. I'm not talking the fun arty weirdos but the type to soil themselves and not know it.

2/10

I just gave Goatnut the lead. :dweez:

From the cities I saw, I loved to be in Chicago, San Antonio and Omaha.

Also very nice were the twin cities Minneapolis/St.Paul.

• Like 2

I agree that all of those places are going to have good and bad things about them. It just depends on what you like to do.